Why, exactly, are you here?

by animal 81 Replies latest jw friends

• deaconbluez
    deaconbluez
    Welcome? animal Post 1281 of 1281 since 25-Mar-02 Jedi Master gender 51 y 2 m 28 d United States, California

haha yeah that's what I was thinking. Madame, did somebody piss you off today?

• animal
    animal

I firmly believe that a person controls what offends them... thus nothing I say could be offensive.

Animal

• animal
    animal

Easy PEC.. you have met me in person.

Animal

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

morman like me? Guess you dont know me.

Animal

Moron or Morman? Maybe I don't want to know you.

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

I had been inactive for about a year and a half or so before I found this site. A JW acquaintance of mine sent me a stupid e-mail saying that some brother gave a talk saying that the GB felt that Matthew 24:14 had been fulfilled. I had no one to call to verify this, so I went online to see what I could find. That search brought me to this board, and I spent countless hours reading thread after thread. It was very therapeutic reading story after story that resembled my own. I read people's statements that mirrored my own thoughts, and it let me see that there was nothing wrong with me and that I wasn't going crazy.

There were a lot of new things that I discovered here that further reaffirmed my suspicions that the JW religion was crap, although I had pretty much figured that out by myself. After a few months, I got kind of hooked. There are a lot of emotions running inside of me that I can't let out because I can't share them with the JWs I know for fear of being disfellowshipped and non-JWs simply cannot relate. I'm using this board as a way of getting these feelings and thoughts off of my chest. I have no other outlet for them at the moment. I also like to keep abreast of what’s going on in JW land through the forum. Thankfully, I have a healthy social life outside of this forum. I’m in a new city where nobody knows about my JW past.

• animal
    animal

If it satisfies your judgmental assumptions: mainly, I am here for all of the above, plus, just to piss off morons like my immediate JW family. Welcome to the forum, Mormon. Edited because, unlike some here, I realized that "Mormon" was mis-spelled. BTW, are you also known as 'the irritating Wanderer'?

Nope, I have no clue who the wanderer is... I am just me. Animal added: how is a question judgemental anyhow? It is just a question, not a statement.
  • animal
    animal

neverendingjourney........

Just what I was looking for.. a sincere answer to the question/s

I agree with you, the more I read, the more I get attached and learn.... both about the people and the problems. It is refreshing most of the time.

Animal

• Terry
    Terry

To those who understand; no explanation is necessary. To those who don't understand; no explanation is possible.

We have the stench of lunacy about us. The only people who don't automatically recoil are the ones who smell the same.

We are like freaks of nature who have had corrective surgery to make us whole. But, inside of us our souls are distorted beyond the touch of medicine.

We come here to creep about where the wild things are and howl into the abyss of moonless woe.

The echo of our solitude is mirrored here and solace for our once madness.

• animal
    animal

Very interesting, Terry... am still digesting it.

Animal (can't spell)

• happehanna
    happehanna

Reading posts on this site helps me in numerous ways.

It is reassuring to know I am not on my own, that others too realize what utter rubbish JW's spew.

The mind control of JW's is very strong and years after leaving you can need support with issues.

This forum does that, it gives support for members leaving and insight into the 'evil cult' that is JW.

At others times JWD is a fun place to visit but mostly it is thought provoking and challenging.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit