BETHELITES - Whatever Became of?

by Black Man 296 Replies latest jw friends

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

OK, being in NYC Queens I know of a lot of these folks. Here are some updates:

Fred Curry did leave for Washington to care for his Mom. He was the PO at Jackson Heights English for many years. I'd say he left around four-five years ago.

Schilling was put out in the field. He had no skill that Bethel could use. Sad.

Tom Jefferson was sent to the islands, I believe Bahamas, to serve on the Branch Committee.

Al Harrell was there as of this year.

The Nazaroff nephew is John. He was at Patterson as of about three years ago. He married a sister from my congo, Irma Garcia originally from New Mexico.

Franz Ferrante was in Whitestone Congregation as of a year ago.

Richard Devine is currently a WT spokeperson. He gets interviewed everytime WT sells a bldg.

Scott Churchill went to the Portugues and I believe got married and left Bethel.

Robert Bay was still around as of a year ago.

Warren and Wynne Pake...I left them for last. What a story. Wynne began to suffer from extreme burnout(I can pm close friends if more info is really needed). They ended up leaving Bethel in '91. The last that I spoke with Warren was about four years ago. He was living in Tucson AR. He and Wynne were separated, he remained an elder. That was a few years ago.

Isaac

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Anyone remember David and Janet Lay? I know they went from Brooklyn to Patterson, and for some reason left in the late 90's or early 2000's. ( I may not be remembering this correctly). I do remember David under alot of stress around 94 or 95. I wonder if it was the generation change.

They started a study with me in the early 80's, and I was always remembered every year with a gift of an early yearbook.

• worf
    worf

I dealt with Barry Brachna while he was in the operations dept during 1999-2000. Not a pleasant experience.

Does anyone here know where circuit overseer George Black is presently? He was a black, tyrant, circuit overseer in Jamaica Queens NY in the late 1990's.

Any information on this cowardly self-righteous dictator would be helpful.

Worf

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Fred Curry did leave for Washington to care for his Mom. He was the PO at Jackson Heights English for many years. I'd say he left around four-five years ago.

What's wrong with his mother? She is one of my mother's friends. Mom hasn't said she has had any problems.

Fred's sister and brother in law are also here. Nice folks. I knew Fred too, but from assemblies and such, and news from his mother to mine.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Jerry Decker died a few months back, was still a JW. He was at Bethel mid 60's-early 80's. He married Laura Bushing at Bethel. They had three children. They were serving in Mexico for several years.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

TooOpinionated - David and Janet Lay left in the late 90s. Nice couple. I think she was a little burnt out. I think he was a lot burnt out. Trying to remember now... I think they left to take care of her father. Last I recall was their visiting Patterson about 5 years ago. They were pioneering, living with an unbelieving father, in the Milwaukee area, I think.

Billy

• bavman
    bavman

Hi Too Opinionated. Yes, I can confirm the Lay's were living in the Milwaukee area at least about 6 years ago. I talked on the phone with David about that time about a job (he was getting into selling long-distance telephone service). I was already employed and had already been burned with that kind of a self-employed no income witness/sales job before so I said 'no thanks I am not interested'.

p.s.- did you get my x-mas ecard?

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Mulan, I never got details on Fred's Mom as he was in a neighboring Hall. It would be easy to find out ...if I was still in that is. There is a chance that it wasn't his Mom, but the info was from a reliable source. She may not have been deathly ill, but that was the reason put out there. It could have been him wanting to be close to her.

Isaac

• abyss57
    abyss57

I just have to jump in...I was served at Bethell from '69 - '72...I managed to get on the inside track so much so , that I KNEW it was a plastic sham in my early 20's....but still played the game until I was 47 YEARS OLD!! Someone commented about how many ex-bethelites were on here....If you had half a brain...it only took a few weeks to see through the smoke and mirrors program...Oh, I remember names....when I got there I made it a purpose to know all 750 NAMES and faces of the ones there at that time, because DAVE MADSEN knew them all....so did GMC...(George Couch) whom I had to work with very closely for 2 1/2 years....and Dan Molchan...and Barry Hoyle...( or Hairy Boil as he was more correctly known)... Yup, the McCumbers were there..(.He actually whistled "we're Jehovah's Witnesses when playing a tournament so those in the "know" would 'know')....Before I left (Doc Dixson said it was OK...cause the food there was not good for most people to eat!!!...HONEST! He told me not tell ANYONE....but he wouldn't eat there either!!!) My working 119 hours a week couldn't have had anything to do with it!!! DUH!

I'm sorry...I could tell stories and name names...but that's not what the question was..I love to hear about others in my era who woke up!!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Dan Molchan???????

yep. He had his nose busted up on the basketball court by a bethelite.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit