BETHELITES - Whatever Became of?

by Black Man 296 Replies latest jw friends

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Small world eh?

• Evidently
    Evidently

I knew the McCumber family, actually very well. Lacy and Ina (Marks parents) were even at my wedding. Lacy died a few years ago, as far as I know Ina is still alive, they were really great people. I believe Mark IS an elder in Pontre Vedra Beach, its probably been 10 years since I have seen or spoken to him. Yes, his son is a very good golfer, it will be interesting to see how his career develops.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Did u hear he raped a 12 year old and an old lady? He gave a public talk went home and the cops showed up to make the bust. His wife Cynthia and their kids had been forewarned.

• Vernon Williams
    Vernon Williams

Hey guys,

Did anyone know Joe and Sally Brazel...they worked at the farm...Joe was a butcher.....thier son "Chip" was up there and they followed....late sixties...early seventies...Joe studied with my folks, Sally with us kids....

V

• LennyinBluemont
    LennyinBluemont

Used to know Geoff Hearney up at the Farm. We used to organize small "tours" (8-10) people to take up there and Geoff was always our contact. We'd always take him a few six-packs. (No, we didn't do it to make money. Everybody paid their share, nothing left over.)

Knew Chuck Liebensperger, Jerry Beck, David Smith, Jeff & Karen Malone, et al, mostly as a consequence of being involved with Mighty Distributing (Dick Wallace) when they were headquartered up here in Jessup, MD, before the move to GA.

• uninformed
    uninformed

I went to bethel about 10 times in the 80's and early 90's to work in temp construction.

Laid brick or block at the wallkill farm on the e-bldg. Knew joe and sally brazil.

Underwood was one of my upper bosses. Gil Nazaroff was my boss when I worked in the Bossert basement under a guy named Joe and a younger supervisor named Mark Offit, who I really liked.

I worked on the sliver bldg outside in the winter 150 feet in the air on hanging scaffold laying bricks.

Knew Dickhead Ralph Ripley, Tim and John Lucas, a fairy named "White", and I had the horrible experience of being assigned Thomas F'in Jefferson as my table head. Up to that point in my life, (I was about 45), I had never met anyone more hateful and hypocritical than he and his wife.

I met George Smith and his wife, but when they were working in the garage.

Did anyone ever know Sam and Cherry Tate? I'd like to hear if anyone did, pm me if you can.

I worked for a Williams, who was in charge of the 360. Not too bad a guy.

Knew a Bob Ripley from the 70's Bethel. Also at Patterson as an non resident overseer. Kind of an asshole, but I liked him.

Quackenbush?--best talk I ever heard, "The Man From Nazareth".

Does anyone remember how Knorr threw him out of Bethel in the late 50's or early 60's. At the time he was editor of the Awake and Loving Brother Knorr reassigned him to a press. Quack left for years until Reverend Knorr went to his heavenly reward. (Jesus now works for him)

Does anyone remember either a JONATHAN JONES OR A THAD JONES? They are my sons and were both at Bethel in the late 80's and early 90's. Thanks be to God that Jonathan has also quit the borg. Thad is still worshipping the governing body instead of Jehovah and Jesus.

Brant

• ferret
    ferret

Does antone remember Don Kish early 80's

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Just a few of the names that I can recall from when I was in Brooklyn back in the late 80's(most of them worked in 360 furman): George Ford, Robert Bay, Jack Haring, Dennis Steele, Phil Gomes, Ralph Walls, Greg York, Dave Brewington, Ron Curzan, Russell and Karen Orf. Also remember Al Sjoman(sp?) and his wife, they sat at my table for a while in the Bossert.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I was never in Bethel. One thing that I do find surprissing is the number of posters here that are ex-Bethelites. Did that place really burn out that many individuals? Is it so different than what is described in the articles>

• Black Man
    Black Man

Hey owen, Yeah, I knew Phil Gomes. Nice guy along with Ralph Walls, Anselm Packnett, Ron Curzan and a lot of the 360 Furman guys.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit