BETHELITES - Whatever Became of?

by Black Man 296 Replies latest jw friends

• rekless
    rekless

I think Nazaroff's nephew is at Paterson.

He had a son serving at Paterson --his name is Roy. As far as I know if they were nephews it would have to be David or Daniel Nazaroff or one of his sisters children who are of another fine Russian name--Kolakoff?? spelling

Hmmm. This kid was...I want to say Jonathan or something like that. And I'm sure it was his nephew.

But, it's always possible that I'm confused. Wouldn't be the first time. LOL!

OOOh Yeah, I forgot about Jonathan--I think he may be Gill's brother's, Mike's kid..well he is either a Nazaroff or a Koolakoff. Oh well who give a doodaly.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Norman Brekke, Gilbert Cyriacs

- i believe they are still there! i left in early 2000

• Black Man
    Black Man

Emma,

I believe Richard Devine, who used to be at Bethel is now in the Circuit work. I can't remember which state he's serving............

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I believe there is an Ernie Watts who now posts on this board occasionally. If it is him, then he now lives in Tennessee, and I have talked with him a couple times on the phone.

• horrible life
    horrible life
    Gary Davis (We worked together in the shipping office.)

fjtoth, Fairly tall, very skinny, blondish hair, combed straight back? Was he still there when you left Dec. 85. Do you suppose he ever got married, Could he still be there? He would be about 53 years old now. I heard 1 of his brothers died in a motorcycle accident after the family moved to California in about 1975 But that may have been a rumor.

• gymbob
    gymbob

Minimus~

Don't know Bruce by name, maybe if I saw him....

One of the weird things about bethel is that you can sit for YEARS in the same chair, in the same dining room, looking at the same people at the next table over and not have a clue who they are, but you've seen them every day for years!

If Norman Brekke is still alive he must be close to 90 now, both he and Gilbert Cyriacs were a couple of old stinkie-inkies I worked with (in the Inkroom).

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Hi horrible life,

Yep, Gary was as you described. I'm pretty sure he was still there at the end of '85. But I was having a lot of trials and tribulation at that time, with my wife being sick and all, so my brain is a bit fuzzy about most other things of that time.

Frank
    http://formerjw.homestead.com

• JT
    JT

always thought night watchman duty was the most useless and bizarre ritual I've ever participated in

you got that right

• JT
    JT

Lonnie Drake,

i recall the first time i met lonnie, he was rommates with one of the guys in my hall

he was a Black nationalist - he was always saying, THE MAN IS HOLDING US BACK, lsmile

Terry Lafferty, he used to be my oveseer in the bindery

• JT
    JT

Anyone know R.P. Johnson? Dyed-in-the-wool company man through and through.

yes he was my mentor, taught me everything i knew as to how to be a Society Man

I knew Lee Waters

yep he had the dark skin fine wife, he used to have a band, but it got disbanded,, he worked in both service and writing, his mom tried to marry off every bethilite she met to some sister

we got invited to her house in NJ walked in and it was wall to wall women

Ciro Aulicino- yep he was a little radical dude

I remember Al Harrell and Tom Jefferson in the 124 Home - black brothers trying to fit into the machine. Ahh, the memories

Yes the first time i met Al i thought he was a former PIMP, he had that super cool walk to the side, he was from Fort Apache up in Bronx and they called Tom THE SHADOW- he always followed Al where every he went, they started out in cleaning and both rose thru the ranks, Al is now a Corp member

yes they were the days, but my all time favorite was Gary "COOL Cash worked in the laundry, he was the cooliest bethelite i ever meet his wife was from Chicago where my old roommate was from same hall in fact

he had Freddy as his best man, now we used to laugh at Gary since he was of the Annointed and we use say he will be the cooliest angel in heaven

he like Al had one of those PIMP WALKS- SMILE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit