BETHELITES - Whatever Became of?

by Black Man 296 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Man
    Black Man

I often times wonder what happened to certain bethelites that I ran around with during my 1990s tenure there. While there are still a few left there, the greater majority of them aren't there for various reasons (marriage, disillusionment, left the borg, etc).

A couple of cats I wonder about - there was one brother who I believe was from Kansas, who got his fingers cut off in a printing press. Of course, they let him stay for a hot minute, before shipping him out. I think his name was Josh, but I can't remember his last name. Nice brother, affable guy. There was another brother whose name escapes me at the moment, who was an artist prodigy. He had real talent in that area and could have been a successful commercial/graphic artist in the real world, but they stuck him in the cleaning department until he just got discouraged and left after so long.........

Any other bethelites whom you wonder whatever became of them?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I was in Brooklyn 92/93.

Construction.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I knew a bethelite who I used to visit who worked in the graphics department. He was originally from Omaha, Nebraska. He had been at Bethel for over 10 years since I last talked to him. He looked just like Peter Sellers. I wonder if he is still there.

LRG

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

I know plenty.

One brother was in laundry for close to ten years. He left Bethel because it was boring for a person in his 20's to be leading a life which was getting him nowhere. Eventually he found his way back to his former congregation with his family and is still there now. He got a job at his father's business. He is using his former "Bethel" status and current elder position to try and find a wife in the JW organization who looks for a title in a man. I'm sure that any sister out there would be glad to know that he'll probably take care of the washing.

One brother was in printing. I believe he was binding books. He was there for ten years. He left Bethel because of health reasons. The work was too hard for the small fragile frame he had (5'5" 120 lbs). He tried to tough it out, but it became too much for him. He found his way back to the area he was from and got married. He served for an elder in his wife's congregation for about three years before stepping down. He is now a casual JW. I wouldn't be surprised if he was lurking here.

One brother was in shipping. He was a suave type of guy. Very handsome and many sisters in the circuit had their eye on him. They were sad when he went to NY. He was there for about five years before he just quit. No sisters in shipping to give him any eye candy or attention. He came back to his former congregation and got married within a year. He needed sex! Later, within the next two or three years, he got disfellowshipped for adultry.

These are a few examples.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• rekless
    rekless

I was in Brooklyn 92/93.

Construction.

Did you know Gill Nazaroff--he was suppose to be a big shot in the construction dept.

He was from Clearlake, Ca. Tall Russiannice guy, but very condacending. We referred to him as the God Father.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    was in Brooklyn 92/93.

Construction.

Did you know Gill Nazaroff--he was suppose to be a big shot in the construction dept.

He was from Clearlake, Ca. Tall Russiannice guy, but very condacending. We referred to him as the God Father

Hahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahah! If I post what I really think of that condescending asshole, I'll be forever banned from JWD! LOL! So, I'll be nice:

GILL NAZAROFF- SELF-IMPORTANT, POMPOUS, THINKS-HIS-SHIT-DON'T-STINK, ARROGANT PRICK

Yeah, I think I heard of him. LOL!

• Warlock
    Warlock
    Hahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahah! If I post what I really think of that condescending asshole, I'll be forever banned from JWD! LOL! So, I'll be nice:

GILL NAZAROFF- SELF-IMPORTANT, POMPOUS, THINKS-HIS-SHIT-DON'T-STINK, ARROGANT PRICK

Wow. Good thing you didn't tell us how you REALLY feel.

Warlock

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

I was at Bethel from 74-80. Worked in the bindary. If I stared at the computer long enough, could probably think of dozens upon dozens of names that would be a good fit for this question. While there, knew enough who left for just about every reason imaginable.

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Wow! Gill Nazaroff.......I have not heard that name in a long time. I never knew him but I heard of him when I was there. Paint and Scaffold crew 87 to 88.

Jeff S.

www.catholicxjw.com

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower
    Paint and Scaffold crew 87 to 88

Jeff.....

i was a temp at brooklyn during that time frame...worked paint and scaffold crew for the 3 weeks I was there one hot summer...i was there for the early stages of renovating Furman first was what eventually became laundry (floor 7 or 8?) at Furman....I started when it was nothing but bare walls and needed the old paint blasted off with hot water. I got stuck with the job briefly. I could not hold the 15 ft wand (like a car wash sprayer) pointed 6 inches from the ceiling for 4 hours at a time blasting off old paint....I did not have the hand strength to keep the trigger held for long periods of time...so they were afraid I would burn up the motor powering that thing....they quickly moved me to scraping ceilings, walls, and trimming out windows with the sisters.... I think we also worked on floor 7 or 8 on plumbing/electric shops...same thing...

maybe you remember the little skinny weakling...

SnakesInTheTower (of the "still not a good painter" Sheep Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit