MAJOR UN/WTS NEWS- UN LETTER & 1992 Press R...

by hawkaw 589 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Kent
    Kent
    Hi Wendy!

I have mailed wannahelp and asked him to contact you, Wendy. Let's hope he does. I could have given you addresses and stuff, but when someone have not stated it's OK to give away that information - I simply play safe.

I hope you understand.

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• mommy
    mommy

Thanks Kent
    Most of the info before 1996 is not even on the website. You have to find the docket # and actually request for it to be sent to you. They do send some via Email, I just thought it would be quicker if he can pick it up. I will go ahead and request email copies of it as well. Like I said I do not know what is on these pages, I am just going by the titles. Judging by what I have read today, alot of useless(to us anyway) info. But every now and then you find a jem
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• sf
    sf

This is now all the buzz in yahoo chatrooms, as I am pasting it word for word.

Thank you!!

sKally

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

FLAG!!!!!

Thanks Kent - I guess "Luke didn't go over to the dark side of the force" today.

You Rock Wendy. You are 8 hours from the city? I am about 7 1/2 hours from Tarrytown and live in Kingston, Ontario. Where are you?

ooooooohhh - Did you hear that.

That was Ted taking another one in the lower area of his body.

Gee, I wonder if Mr. Society Man himself, Ciro Aulicino, has left for greater pastures. Wonder what he will have to write about since his main topics about the UN literature have been taken away - LOL

Metatron was right - this really reminds me of the movie Dumb and Dumber.

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

FLAG!!!

And refusing to take this off the front page.

hawk

• detective
    detective

Hi Hawk,
    Is there anything else up your sleeve or can people who are considering contacting the press move ahead? Below is another sample of the pseudo-press release. And don't hammer me folks, I'm not a professional so have mercy. Anybody can use any part of it they like. I'm thinking it's getting on time to circulate the word to the outside world?
    Ready to go, Hawk?

For immediate release:

Controversial Religious Sect's association with United Nations
    withdrawn after former sect members blow the whistle.

Former members of Jehovah's Witnesses recently made a
    scandalous discovery when they learned the Watchtower Bible
    and Tract Society, also known as Jehovah's Witnesses, had
    affiliated itself with the United Nations by soliciting to
    become an associated Non-Governmental Organization (NGO).
    Former members flooded the United Nations and The Watchtower's headquarters in Brooklyn with phone calls, protesting that for years the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has issued scathing statements in it's magazines and from the pulpit that malign the United Nations, dubbing it the "disgusting thing" and likening it to the "scarlet colored wild beast" of the bible. The Watchtower Organization seemingly bowed to pressure from former and current members alike by withdrawing it's status earlier this week.

While a seemingly harmless affiliation to most of us, the
    reckoning of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society's quietly
    associating itself with the U.N. is the making of a substantial scandal for the controversial religious organization. Former members of Jehovah's Witnesses argued that the Watchtower Society has repeatedly painted a vile description of the United Nations and it's goals before an audience of about six million adherents. Recently, however, the United Nations received an unprecedented number of phone calls from outraged former members who stumbled upon the news that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, who made an art out of skewering the United Nations in it's publications, has been an affiliated NGO since 1991, a far cry from standing apart from the "disgusting thing" they have often described it as.

Why is is this newsworthy?

Stunned former members of Jehovah's Witnesses who learned of
    the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society's association with the
    United Nations and intitated a grass roots effort to draw
    attention to the situation that could prove enormously
    embarassing to the United Nations and spark revolt among the
    rank and file members of the sect. This revelation could be
    highly detrimental to the credibility of Watchtower Bible and
    Tract Society in the eyes of both the United Nations and of
    the religious organization's millions of adherents. Former members allege that the sect misled the United Nations by petitioning to
    support and promote it's purposes while simultaneously
    maligning it before the Watchtower Society's millions of
    faithful believers.

Most rank and file members had no knowledge of the Watchtower
    Society's affiliation with the United Nations, and, as they
    have been led to believe the United Nations represents the
    "Scarlet-colored wild beast" of the bible, they would be
    shocked to learn of this affiliation.

To further investigate this unfolding controversy, you may contact me at...

Additionally, you will find further information below to assist you in your research.

For the United Nations:
    An address to send correspondance regarding an NGO
    NGO Section
    Department of Public Information
    Room S-1070 L
    New York, NY 10017, USA
    Tel: (212) 963-6842
    Fax: (212) 963-6914
    < "
    target=_newhttp://www.un.org/MoreInfo/ngolink/brochure.htm>
    < http://www.un.org/MoreInfo/ngolink/brochure.htm>;;
    < "
    target=_newhttp://www.un.org/MoreInfo/ngolink/ngodir/NGODirAlph
    /alphabet.htm>
    < http://www.un.org/MoreInfo/ngolink/ngodir/NGODirAlph/alphabet.htm>;;

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

As I thought I posted before but maybe not

Let it ROLL !!!!!!!

There are others who have taken your release - "tweeked" it to their liking and should have or about to issue a release as well.

Oh - why not attach the letter Hoeffel sent and ask this question.

We wonder why the United Nations let a NGO like the Watchtower, who has human rights problems, become associated with the UN's DPI in the field of human rights?

Or something like that

(Hoeffel's phone number is (212) 963-8070)

hawk

• mommy
    mommy

Hey all
    I hate to say this but I have to turn off the pc for tonight and be a mommy. After the kids are in bed I will try to get back on and do some more research.

Detective,
    I have emailed you! Sorry I was a basket case today and forgot to return your mail

Kent,
    I sent you an email, with some juicy bits in it you may like Feel free to give my home number to those actively involved in this, as I have some more docket numbers stored on the computer.

Ahwk,
    I live in Rochester. And to be honest I am not really sure how far that is from you

Have a good night all!
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

You are about 3 hours from me.

Take I 90 east to I 81 in Syracuse. Then head north on I 81 pass Watertown and then the border until you hit Hwy 401. Then go west for 20 minutes and you hit Kingston.

I have been to Rochester and south of it in Finger Lakes country. Real nice.

Take care Wendy - I will be away from the board for a few days but I will check in every now and then.

Tonight I have to do something Canadian eh!! Go Curling eh !!!

hawk

• LDH
    LDH

Is JR Brown still the spinmeister or is it Ciro Aurulino now?

I CAN'T WAIT to see what the spindoctor will lay on this one!

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit