MAJOR UN/WTS NEWS- UN LETTER & 1992 Press R...

by hawkaw 589 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Moxy
    Moxy

trilobite: yes, i am still waiting particularly for the information WT sent to the DPI. this is the last available piece we dont have yet. (since we've been told the application itself will not be made public.)

mox

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I can confirm to the board that Steve Bates of the Guardian Newspaper has recieved the UN letter (facsimile) from me.

That third sentence in paragraph one of Hoeffel's letter is such a killer isn't it...

... By accepting association with DPI, the organization agreed to meet criteria for association, including support and respect of the prinicpals of the Charter of the United Nations and commitment and means to conduct effective information programmes with its constituents and to a broader audience about UN activities.
    ooooh - I think Ted just took one in groin.

hawk

• Englishman
    Englishman

Seems to me that the WTBTS has dropped a real clanger by resigning from the DPI.

If ever there was an admission of guilt, that was it. Most persons would have hung in there and rationalised and justified. Thats what the followers would have preferred.

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• joelbear
    joelbear

I hate to be cynical since I think what yall have uncovered is fascinating, but my bet it that this will all be rationalized away as a "righteous lie" that assisted in publishing this good news of the kingdom and protecting our international brotherhood from harm.

Joel

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Joel,

I agree with you in that a JW that doesn't want to see the truth won't, but hopefully the one's that have even the slightest doubghts will listen to it..

Maybe it will push some over the edge, but I don't think it's gonna start the tower is a tumblin down <sigh>

• Kent
    Kent

Hawk really wanted the letter to be seen here, so I did put it out on another server as well.

Here it is:

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thanks Hawkaw: At least now, no one can say that the Watch Tower Society was not a member of the UN. The irrefutable proof is there! Now, when I happen to come across any JW, I can pull this letter out, and ask them why their religion was "Disassociated" from the UN, or better yet, why their Governing Body joined the UN in the first place. Thanks, excellent work! - Amazing

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Thanks Amasing

Can you do me a favour and go back and edit your post. The Watchtower was "associated" with the Un's DPI.

If you use member the WTS can use the UN's own web site to refute you. Members can only be countires.

Watch your terminology on this. A NGO "associate" must support and repsect the UN's Charter.

hawk

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

And I'm positive that the WT did support and respect the UN charter for the 10 years they were members <ROFL>

• Dogpatch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit