Atheists, Why the Anger?

by XJW4EVR 147 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Also, remember the book of John says that people thought Jesus was from Galilee, not Bethlehem.

steve

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    It is true of the atheists that ran the death camps, killing fields, and gulags in many former Communist countries.
    It wasn't done because they were atheist, any more than they did it because they had moustaches. And if you mean Hitler, plenty of evidence shows he was Christian anyway.

No, I meant Communist countries, I am at a loss at how you could think I meant Hitler when I wrote Communist. Perhaps you could explain your extraordinary leap?

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith
    And IF you mean Hitler

Talk of death camps and others talking of Hitler. Not an extraordinary leap. Covering the bases.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Well, I'm an atheist, and I haven't run any death camps, yet. Maybe I can get a job at Halliburton? ;)

Dave

• jgnat
    jgnat

Descending, descending...

"I'm right"

"No, I'm right."

"You fool"

"No you are the fool"

"Your kind are responsible for the death camps!"

"Hitler!"

It is higly unlikely that we are going to resolve the evolution question or the existence of God on this thread. As for "Why all the anger?"(Thank you WAC), I think the thread has demonstrated very well. When I finally decided to contribute I want to answer why an athiest might get angry at a Christian. I won't bother with the angry at God question.

I've learned a few things, I think, hanging with all you fine folk. I should never assume the spiritual condition of the person I am talking to. I was never cut out for evangelism anyhow, it's too much of a personal invasion for me to engage in it.

Now and again, an evangelist will approach me and try and determine my spirtual state. They do this by asking where I go to church, etc. This happens as much in the evangelical churches as at the hall. Nowadays, I am insulted. I realize now that they have no interest in me other than as an object of their message. They don't care if I am a grandma, or that my garden is lush with perrenials that promises to be a beauty this year. They don't care about me as a person.

I am sensitive to that now, that we must treat each other as whole human beings, with depth and heart. That takes time, that takes compassion, that takes walking a mile in their shoes. I am convinced that this sort of energy is what is needed to end all wars, both across the fence and around the world.

Evangelists, how would you feel if a stranger walked up to you and adjusted your collar and tucked in your shirt? Wouldn't it feel like a personal invasion? Had they earned permission for that sort of intimacy? Wouldn't you be tempted to respond in anger, slapping that hand away?

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Myself and many of my atheist brothers and sisters are some of the happiest and most non angry people you'll ever meet.

Haven't read too much of this thread.

Just my 2 cents.

If God is up there, I wish Him well, and would love to hear from Him.

In the meantime, I have to get on with this thing called life, even in His absence.

I wish harm to no one. And as I know that He-in-whom-I-do-not-believe cannot forgive me, I now take more responsibility for my actions than ever before.

Love( unconditional atheist-style) to all!

Nvr

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

I only feel angry when the fundamentalists judge those who do not have beliefs.

I feel upset when we (atheists agnostics) get told that we are immoral evil persons just because we do not share fundamentalists religious beliefs in god/Jesus. But I am learning to let that go, and not let people make me feel upset..

I am of the live and let live class...cant we just all get along & sit around the campfire singing kuumbaya songs?

I will not say that God isn't out there....all I feel is at peace with nature and with fellow man...

love and peace to everyone, even the fundies...

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

This thread has already been Godwin'd.

I can add no more.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

just curious...sorry for my ignorance, but what is godwin'd? (god wins?)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

just curious...sorry for my ignorance, but what is godwin'd? (god wins?)

I dont know either Black Unicorn. I think we should all head over to The Beer Thread.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/131409/1.ashx

Atheists, believers, and undecideds alike.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit