Isn't God Awesome?

by Perry 450 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vinny
    Vinny

"Where is God right now and what is He up to?"

• Vinny
    Vinny

Lore says:..."Coming from a man who thinks that an automobile is an accurate parallel to biological organisms, an insult to my intelligence doesn't meen a whole lot".

"This is why you athesists are STUCK with red corvette on your foreheads for life. It applies, it fits, it works. For those of you that want to try wiggling off the hook because red vette aint living, breathing, self-replicating life form, you are then BURIED by the fact that neither is the earth, moon, sun, and stars or universe living, breathing, self-replicating life forms. Neither is atmosphere, water cycles, photosynthesis, weather systems etc living breathing self-replicating life forms. But I already addressed that in the other thread. I am only repeating myself here AGAIN. This is why Almost Atheist failed in presenting the argument correctly. Is why atheists arguments above have no legs at all.

Is why I also used the bomb-explosions never turning into a New York city with buildings, plumbing, door knobs and yellow cabs. This is just plain old, laughable nonsense, passed down to people that want to cut out the reality that there is a God.

Is also why so few humans ever buy into it."

Your own red vette stuck on forehead aint too attractive, sorry to say....

Can't get many girls looking like that Lore.

: (

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

your arguement is fatuous, a star is a very large hydrogen bomb - a hydrogen bomb that creates other more dense elements through nucleur fusion.

What's that sound? it must be your head exploding as your arguement crashes around your ears

• Gregor
    Gregor

Only the fool can say there is not creator.

Frankly, dear Mouthy, I think people who are emotionally manipulated by trite arguments and pretty pictures are fools.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    "Where is God right now and what is He up to?"

Huh?

You call that an answer?

• Perry
    Perry
    Morality is by definition the way a person behaves in those situations that take the form of an multi-person Prisoner's Dilemma.

Lore,

You really had to read somebody's essay to determine how you know right from wrong? Are you serious? So, if nobody is looking then you cannot "know" right from wrong? This is inadequet as a moral principle for life because if someone stole something from you in private then you would have no reason to demand punishment of that person according to your view. Where's the justice in that?

For me, the Holy Spirit which resides in me tells me when I'm doing right or wrong. It doesn't dictate actions, I choose to obey or disobey and am brought to know through revelation whether it is good or bad. I always get "burned" when I disobey. As a result, I am much more serious about obeying than I was early on in my walk with God.

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Sure vinny, posting it twice doubles the validity of your arguments... (2 * 0 = 0)

Is why I also used the bomb-explosions never turning into a New York city with buildings, plumbing, door knobs and yellow cabs. This is just plain old, laughable nonsense, passed down to people that want to cut out the reality that there is a God.

To which I responded: "The big bang resulted in nothing but a great big cloud of matter flying out from a central point. I could stop right there and nullify this argument, but I'll continue: Gravity caused the denser regions of this matter to come towards each other, forming... not cars, not buildings, not hollowed out cubes with doors. But instead: balls of matter, some balls are stars, some planets and some asteriods. Trust me, if gravity had the tendency to form hollowed out cubes or other such formations, then the universe would be a very different place. But that's not how gravity works.

Interesting fact though: All of those many explosions on the earth prove my point... what do these explosions do? They make coulds of debris, and what does the debris do? It doesn't stay in a disorganised could form. It is pulled by gravity towards the largest object nearby, namely the earth. So these explosions don't form cities, instead they do EXACTLY what the big bang theory says they should."

Yes we did this before, and I doubt that me repeating my arguements will make any difference either. So here's a link for anyone who needs a review to what the heck I'm talking about: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/132307/7.ashx (We started on page three.)

Then after that thread was finished, we talked more here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/132946/1.ashx

This got old weeks ago. And I hereby refuse to respond to any arguements that you already made in those last two threads... this isn't even on topic. Please confine yourself to the Atheists thread. This thread is about morality and beauty, and I'm not gonna spend another 8 pages arguing the difference between cars and life forms.

Lore

• Perry
    Perry
    Frankly, dear Mouthy, I think people who are emotionally manipulated by trite arguments and pretty pictures are fools

Gregor,

Leave that elderly lady alone. She saw a pretty slide presentation and immediately atheists started talking about their crotch hair and vomit. She could be anyone's mother here. I think the use of the word fool showed great restraint.

You want to pick on someone? Pick on me.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Vinny,

Oh dear.

No it is you that have missed the numerous threads, of which I have partaken, that have thoroughly debunked all of the tired old circular arguments that you have used above to try to prove that God had no beginning.

Spend a week reading these posts and come back again Vinny. As it is your arguments, and all I needed to do was skim them, as they are a typical religionists appeal to a primitive illogic, are old hat and have again and again been proved to be fallacious, and that not just on this Board.

Get reading Vinny.

Best regards - HS

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    You really had to read somebody's essay to determine how you know right from wrong? Are you serious?

No... I had to read somebody's essay to EXPLAIN how to know right from wrong. You did ask for an explaination, not for a "yeah I have morals" answer.

But whether they are my words or someone elses doesn't change whether they are right or wrong. (In the factual sense, not the moral sense. 'cause in the moral sense, it may have been wrong to plagiarize...)

For me, the Holy Spirit which resides in me tells me when I'm doing right or wrong.

Congratulations...

So how does the holy spirit know the difference between right and wrong?

Lore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit