Isn't God Awesome?

by Perry 450 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• the dreamer dreaming
  • hillary_step
    hillary_step

Lore,

Where did the Universe come from? Simple, It didn't come from from anybody or any thing; IT'S ALWAYS EXISTED. Nothing difficult about that at all.

lol....Yes, I like this game.

Where did the Virgin Mary's baby come from? It was expelled from a gigantic volcano on the South side of Jupiter, the velocity being so great that its umbilical cord was snapped in the process. Simple as that!

Where does God live? God lives in the star cluster known as Aldebaran where he runs an Italian resteraunt that is especially known for its excellent gnocchi. So bloody simple any moron could figure this out!

HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Sunspot,

The video was beautiful and some people might just give thought to the "wonder of it ALL" and appreciate how everything was made in the way we are told---and choose to believe---that it was.

Yes, I especially enjoyed the part where that spider paralysed that moth and then sucked out its innards while it was still living and when those tiny, sweet, defenceless little baby chicks were devoured by hungry rats.

So joyous that I hear the angels sing.

HS

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

All we can prove scientifically is that things change from one thing to another. Energy converts from one type to another, including the incredible energy that constitutes the atoms from which we subsist. Thus the universe has always existed, albeit perhaps in a different form (aka a singularity). If you presuppose that the universe may have some form of consciousness then what would differentiate it from all the answers above that label it "God"?

• Vinny
    Vinny

Steve asks vinny many times, " who created God?"

***Now Steve, that is a very fair question. I would never purposefully ignore that question either.

But let me tell you this: All the other atheists that have been around here and that know me, all said at the same time, "I wish Steve did not ask vinny that question at all."

Now, I am happy to repost it again for you, especially since you keep asking for the answer, like you think it means the end of the road for vinny and God. But it does not at all.

So sorry atheists, but since steve keeps asking, I get to post the answer again which also includes reasons why I think the bible is inspired:

Take your time to read it all the way through.

**** This is such an old, sophomoric argument from atheists. I've already answered this before in other places. But to appease you, I will address here again:

1- Everything which has a beginning has a cause. This an understood and accepted principle in human civilizations throughout the earth. If it had a beginning, then somebody or something made it. Fairly simple. The computers each of us are using at this moment had to be made by somebody. Mine was made by Apple, for example. But if there were no name mentioned at all, we still know that somebody had to make it. Design begets a designer.

2- The Universe, including our earth (and all life upon the earth) had a beginning. Most scientists believe in the 'Big Bang" theory. While omitting God altogether, the common belief is that it did have a definite beginning and is still developing and expanding.

3- Therefore, the Universe, that had a beginning, must also have a Cause. That Cause, in my opinion is God.

4-The bible, in my opinion, is a reliable source of information. It claims to be authored by God. There is an abundance of evidence that it could be authored by God. As briefly listed on another thread (now defunct) here is a very short list of reasons why I believe the bible is from God and thus a reliable, trustworthy source of information today:

"For me, the idea that all four of gospel writers just made up these accounts about Jesus Christ is not something I quickly buy into. The way they claim to have changed their lives, leaving many significant occupations and other personal things behind, leads me to believe they sure found something powerfully persuasive in this person called Christ. They also admit their mistakes which only adds to their credibility in my mind. Likewise the bible writer Paul; he certainly had something dramatic happen to him. He claims to have had a vision of Christ himself, became blind, went to Ananias as instructed and received his sight back. Then completely changed his direction from a persecutor of Christians to becoming an ardent member, one of the foremost of the apostles actually, spearheading the preaching of Christ to the Gentiles. The apostles did not even trust or believe him initially, which again, only adds to the believability in my opinion. I guess all of these writers could have just made these things up. That is possible. But it is also possible they happened just as were written. And if so, then we have some very interesting events taking place that would support Jesus' claim to be God's son, representing God himself. And if so, then what he says about God, about the earth, the future, life... can be and should be seriously considered. I would consider such a source as very reliable. Very trustworthy, *IF* these accounts about him are true.

The many prophecies written that had exact fulfillments adds ever more weight to possibility of the bible being more than just some good book. The bible's statement that the earth is round, and that it hangs upon nothing, though men at that time believed the earth was flat, again adds value to the claim that it is from a higher source than men. Are all of these just mere coincidences? It is possible, I guess. But it's also possible that these facts give evidence that the source of these prophecies and scientific accuracies is from a much higher source than humans, who cannot predict the future with any kind of certainty. There are not only a couple of such prophecies, but literally hundreds which exact, detailed fulfillment.

There is secular testimony as well, that Christ did exist and did perform miraculous events. The calendar we use today is based on the very year he was born. Just a coincidence? A person that really did not exist at all, or whose accomplishments were greatly exaggerated? Possible, I guess. But possibly not. The scriptures contain numerous accounts of miracles where people were brought back to life, sick and dying were healed, people were miraculously fed whether from food falling out of the sky or a few fishes feeding thousands, olive oil and bread jars that never ran out and other examples. Sea's were parted, were walked on and calmed down upon commands. You do not hear stories like this today, with hundreds of eye-witnesses to collaborate. This collection of books is available in over 2000 languages today. It the worlds best selling book of all time. The information contained is also very practical for those that wish to believe it and apply it. The Golden Rule for example. Children obeying their parents is another. Husbands loving their wives as their own bodies makes good marriages even better. And answer when mild turns away rage is a proven valuable principle in life. Jesus sermon on the mount in Matthew chapters 5-7 is still considered by many to be the greatest speech ever given. Priceless gems for many.

Is it possible then that this bible is from God? I believe it is possible, and even very probable. If so, if it is from God himself, then the very question as to how life arrived is answered. Because it also tells the reader that God himself made these things that we see today. No soup-like conditions that somehow evolved into the beautiful yet complex systems we see surrounding us today. It answers many of man's perplexing questions. Does it answer everything? No, it does not. Yet it does say there are new scrolls to be opened. It talks about everlasting life being possible for those that believe and apply God's sons teachings in his life. A life where death and pain and mourning are things of the past. Not the kind of life we see today. It promises these things we see causing pain and death and heartaches will be done away completely and permanently. That is a beautiful hope. Many other answers, too many to list here are given as well. If the bible is true then, the human race has much to look forward to.

For me, it does make sense. It does offer hope. It is worth putting my trust in. It does offer answers as well as a good measure of comfort. It is believable."

5- The bible tells us that God had NO beginning.

Psalm 90:2 ...Even from time indefinite to time indefinite you are God.

psalm 93:2... You are from time indefinite to time indefinite.

Isaiah 57:15 ....God is ‘the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity’

Revelation 15:3 ...righteous and true are your ways, King of Eternity.Revelation 15:3 ...righteous and true are your ways, King of Eternity.

As Einstein astutely stated, "God does not play dice with the universe". So though we cannot see God, we can see EVIDENCE that he does indeed exist. Just as we cannot see our own brains or gravity, or oxygen etc... the evidence that these things are nonetheless real is overwhelming. For myself then, evidence that God exists is even more powerful. The evidence supports this belief for me.

BWAAAAHAHHAAHAHHAHAH

Sure, there is a red corvette just sitting in North Dakota somewhere too...

YOU ARE DEAD IN WATER ATHEISTS.

There is just no way that it is even remotely possible that ALL of those marvelous features coming together at one time is due to a series of random, evolutionary, unguided chances. When I look at an incredible startlit sky, in my mind there is not a chance that these all happened to be formed by a similar series of just aimless, arbitrary, haphazard, hit-or-miss events; a rolling of the dice if you will. They are extremely organized. They have clearly been PUT there and brought into motion by SOMEBODY.

The many systems that allow life on this earth to exist likewise are organized, they are purposeful, intricate and finely tuned with other systems. Again, by some accidental, casual, fortuitous, stroke of luck? That simply is not reasonable or logical to myself nor most other people. I have examined both sides of the evidence. For me there is just no way these things happened without the guiding hand of intellect. For you and some others they may have come together by chance or in fact did come together by chance. I disagree. I have read the textbooks, have seen the arguments from scientists like Richard Dawkins. I consider such attempts to use abiogenesis/evolution as the explanation to explain how life arose to be far, far-fetched, and one giant stretch after another. Nothing has ever been duplicated. It bypasses the "Every beginning has a Cause" universal principle. It seeks to eliminate God altogether and then build around that premise in what many consider to be embarassing, feeble attempts of explanation. It fails miserably in my opinion and the opinion of billions of others as well.

Bwahahahahaaa

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Folks, our little atheists also believe that the entire UNIVERSE with all of it's PRECISION and ORDER and POWER just happened to result from some COSMIC EXPLOSION, without ANY INTELLECTUAL FORCE behind it at all, yet resulting in such precise alignment, that we humans (who came from that soup/dead-matter/polymer etc.) can tell exactly when and where planets, moons, comets, asteroids, stars etc. etc. will be located at any given moment in time.

Yep, our little atheists believe that in the middle of this intricate, expanding, gargantuan universe, our perfectly located, tilted, spinning and orbiting EARTH just happened to fall right into place (and stays in place) with atmosphere, ozone layer, water cycles, just the exact amount of oxygen and other delicately balanced systems due to some fortuitous series of LUCK. A continuous stream of "FAT CHANCES" that all just fell right into place so that all of this LIFE could then arise from those soup-like, dead matter conditions where a polymer can turn into the human brain and beyond.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Vinny:
    Attempting to ridicule your detractors instead of rationally debating the questions will only demean you and your ideas. Just a word to the wise, bro.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It doesn't mean that because everything we know in the physical world had a beginning that god also has to be subject to the same situation and also have a beginning. He is beyond our perception of time and space, he is beyond our universe. Why he always existed and has good moral principles and love we can't explain just like we can't explain many things in the universe and even right here on the earth. We better get to understand these first before moving further afield trying to grasp the realities of other worlds.

• looseend
    looseend

Vinny,

It is people like you that make being an Atheist so much easier. Since you answer everything, answer a couple questions for me.

What makes your god better than other?

Someone already asked, but where did God come from?

What you or mankind the egocentric right to clam that we are more important than anything else in the universe?

Now some better questions.

What evidence is there that the bible that you base your life on is actually inspired by god?

Before you answer that keep in mind that, "Because is says so in the bible", or qouting a scripture won't be acceptable. If I wrote a book and said that is was inspired by god, I would have know more credibility thatn a psychic.

Explain the undeniable proof of evolution, without quoting a scientist with a religious background like, Behe or Wells.

Explain why your BELIEF should be taken as truth. Proving something takes more than observation and egotistical arrogance, a snide grin, and a shake of the head at someone who doesn't agree with you.

Explain to all te other people in the world like Buddhists, Muslims or even other Christians why you are right about god and they are wrong. Try to explain why you are so gifted and priviledged to hold the direct phone line to god, which by the way has abondoned all other religions and people unless they believe what you believe.

What would you say to a child in Darfur whose mother was just raped and killed? Try running it by them them how Jesus loves them, how do you think they will take it?

If you want more specifics on the evolution questions just ask. We can go back and forth on it. I don't mind.

But don't look down your nose at someone and assume they are fools because they disagree with you. That is a really "religious" attitude and not very becoming. At least pretend to be somewhat open minded and objective.

• Vinny
    Vinny

Little Toe, I fully hear where you are coming from. But when atheists call you every name in the book, you tend to reach for things like baseball bats rather than just using the keyboard only.

I am afraid most people seem to forget all those remarks from the atheists. Probably more than you know.

But I will try the softer gentler approach with prophecies and Lore next.

Thanks,

vinny

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Little Toe,

BWAAAAHAHHAAHAHHAHAH + BWAAAAHAHHAAHAHHAHAH + BWAAAAHAHHAAHAHHAHAH = The Holy Trinity of BWAAAAHAHHAAHAHHAHAH's.

These three BWAAAAHAHHAAHAHHAHAH's are co-equal, co-eternal, and co-dependent.

Could not be more simple.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit