by hawkaw 133 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Tina
    Tina

WTG hawk And all! Thanks for your tenacious effort in pursuing this! Tina

'Boycott Shampoo! Demand the real Poo!

• detective
    detective

Hi,
    here is the release I am working on. It is in layman's terms so that "outsiders" might get a better grasp of it. It's sensationalized a bit as well.You gotta do that if you want to get their attention. Anyone here can use any part of it that they like. It's time to mobilize. Heck, you are online anyway, why not look up your local paper and send them the scoop? Just to get the ball rolling, mind you! Again, I will send these to my local papers but am hoping to use one of the contacts who were good enough to offer themselves up. Please email me with your name and phone number if you would be willing to field inquiries from the press.

You gotta catch them while their pants are still down.

• detective
    detective

Helps if I would post it!

For immediate release:

Controversial Religious Sect's association with United Nations withdrawn after former sect members blow the whistle

Former members of Jehovah's Witnesses recently made a scandalous discovery when they learned the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, also known as Jehovah's Witnesses, had affiliated itself with the United Nations by soliciting to become an associated Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). While a seemingly harmless affiliation to most of us, the reckoning of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society's quietly associating itself with the U.N. is the making of a substantial scandal for the controversial religious organization. For years the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has issued scathing statements in it's magazines and from the pulpit that slander the United Nations. Before an audience of about six million adherents, the Watchtower has repeatedly painted a vile description of the United Nations and it's goals. Recently, however, former members stumbled upon the shocking news that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, who made an art out of skewering the United Nations in it's publications, has been an affiliated NGO since 1991, a far cry from standing apart from the "disgusting thing" they have often described it as.

Why is is this newsworthy?

Stunned former members of Jehovah's Witnesses who learned of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society's association with the United Nations and intitated a grass roots effort to draw attention to the situation that could prove enormously embarassing to the United Nations and spark revolt among the rank and file members of the sect. This revelation could be highly detrimental to the credibility of Watchtower Bible and Tract Society in the eyes of both the United Nations and of the religious organization's millions of adherents. In addition to misleading the United Nations by petitioning to support and promote it's purposes while simultaneously slandering it before the Watchtower Society's millions of faithful believers, the Watchtower Society has a history riddled with infringement upon basic human rights for it's "flock" by use of fear, manipulation and outright deception. Most rank and file members had no knowledge of the Watchtower Society's affiliation with the United Nations, and, as they have been led to believe the United Nations represents the "Scarlet-colored wild beast" of the bible, they would be shocked to learn of this affiliation.

Why is this timely information?

In short, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society only recently got caught. The whistle-blowing ex-members have clearly brought unexpected attention to the controversy. Just today it was learned that the Watchtower bible and Tract Society has withdrawn it's status as an non-governmental organization with the United Nations. At present, it is unclear if the society voluntarily withdrew it's status or was asked to do so by the United Nations. Below you will find the following additional information in assisting you in researching this controversial finding.

For the United Nations:
    An address to send correspondance regarding an NGO
    NGO Section
    Department of Public Information
    Room S-1070 L
    New York, NY 10017, USA
    Tel: (212) 963-6842
    Fax: (212) 963-6914
    < http://www.un.org/MoreInfo/ngolink/brochure.htm>;
    < http://www.un.org/MoreInfo/ngolink/ngodir/NGODirAlph/alphabet.htm>;

• mommy
    mommy

ok
    Sorry all, it was almost like getting off the phone with a tele solicitor who is panhandling $ for some starving kids. Knowing full well that only 7% goes to the kids. It was just a little upsetting to hear it.

As I said he refused to give me a straight answer. He was mostly concerned as to where I found the info, even asked if I had called before. I told him yes and gave a brief history of the previous phone call. Telling him what Michael had told me about it only being a historical association. I then told him I was aware due to a contact at the UN(thanks Hawk) that they were no longer associated with them, and I wanted to know why. "We are still investigating that" I asked well who is in charge of the correspondence with the UN? HE was unable to give me that name, they are not releasing it now.

I then said, "So there was an association with the UN then." He then got huffy with me and asked why I was even concerned with it...I did have to give him an earful then.

Why was I concerned with the WTBTS being associated with the UN? The UN they had condemned for years in their published articles? Why would I be concerned that they can talk out both sides of their mouth? Condemning world leaders for joining, and then slip in the back door themselves. I told him I went to the official UN site and found the Criteria for admission and if they agreed to those terms they were liars. And god hates liars doesn't he?

Bryce told me that the criteria has changed over the last 10 years he is sure of it. I reminded him that an organization must makes it's members aware of any changes. I highly doubted that an organization as large as the UN would just make changes and not make the WTBTS aware of them.

I told him that with over 1500 NGO's they would need to have an organized communication system in place, and I thought it highly unlikely that ten years can go by without any written or verbal communication between them.

"We are still investigating this issue and I would be happyy to return you call, when we have more information" Bryce (obviously speechless)

One thing else I would like to point out is he did ask where on the web I found this info. I told them a friend had showed me the link. He asked who, I refused to answer, because it is none of their business. And wanted to know what was the adress of the site I saw this on. I said the official UN site. He said part of their investigation is what the motives are for the ones who are spreading this information.

Motives? To get our loved ones to see how corrupt the Society is...(we are very close to the end of our convo I can tell.) He asked who I had in the org, name, congregation. I gave it to them. I am sure now my mother will get a letter now deeming me an apostate and unworthy of speaking to.

Somehow, I feel nothing right now.
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

What's the phone code to block caller ID? I want to call Bethel too. Anyone have the # handy? Thanks!

• mommy
    mommy

Name,
    *67 I believe and their # is (718) 560-5600 Have a barf bag handy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Thanks, and I will

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Wonder if they have phone tracing equip - bet they do....!!

• Kent
    Kent
    There IS evidence!

I have posted this news on The Watchtower Observer, and I did naturally expect something like this to happen.

So, I have downloaded the page where the Watchtower was listed, and I have also, naturally, posted a screendump on the Watchtower Observer.

Anyone can STILL download and save that page as evidence!

If anyone don't know how to do it, Go to the FILE menu, and chose SAVE AS. Then you save the complete page!

Nobody wants this to be an "accusation", and there is more than enough evidence in the UN itself. There is no way in Hell the Shakin Tower can twist away from these facts....

Yakki Da

Kent

I need more BOE letters, KMs and other material. Those who can send it to me - please do! The new section will be interesting!!

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Detective,

I will review this release later in more detail.

One quick thing - the Watchtower is a NGO. They, as a NGO voluntarily "associated" themselves with the UN's DPI and in doing so voluntarily supported the UN's charter and thus the UN.

Also key in on the fact that there are hundred through out the world in jail because they are not allowed to follow their government's mandatory military duty and remind everyone about the Malawi incident a few years back.

Detective, I think I am way to busy to be a contact for you at this time. I have a lot of other stuff on my plate but and I am doing all the UN contacts. As I said before, Randy Watters or Kent would be the best and you should contact them and ask.

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit