MAJOR UN/WTS/NGO NEWS - WTS IS GONE

by hawkaw 133 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Englishman
    Englishman

OK, lets tell Stephen Bates (the author of The Guardian article) whats going on!

email is: [email protected]

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• JonnieMae
    JonnieMae

Sorry. Not a member.

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

Just an fyi, I emailed Stephen Bates immediately after Hawk's first post.

TS,

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Okay, I just phoned Paul Hoeffel's office again.

I can confirm from Mr. Hoeffel's sec. that the WTS has left the DPI as an "associate" officially either yesterday or the day before.

She was unclear if the DPI would be issuing a press release or has issued a press release on this issue. She indicated that I would have to talk to Mr. Hoeffel and suggested that I should phone back around 3:00pm and someone would be available to answer my questions.

So again please hold on for a couple of hours and I will see what more I can do.

hawk

• Jourles
    Jourles

Office of Public Affairs
    Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

For Immediate Release -

As of today, October 10, 2001, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York is hereby withdrawing its associative status with the Department of Public Information as a Non-Governmental Organization. It is with great sadness that we make this withdrawal and to lose our most precious resource of information that we constantly receive from the DPI. This will not affect the expansion of the worldwide work in any way. The associative status with the DPI was merely a "tool" to further our work. Seeing that the WTBTS is now legally represented in over 230 lands across the globe, we feel that our association with the DPI is now no longer needed.

We thank the DPI for giving us the opportunity to use them as a "weapon" in the "spiritual warfare" that we wage against many countries. We sincerely regret to inform the public that Lloyd Barry, the original applicant of the DPI application, has recently passed on as of October 1, 2001. It is the Jehovah's Witnesses understanding that many worldwide catastophic events happen in October. The passing on of such a man was one of those events. It was also with "spiritual warfare" in mind that we staged the death of Brother Barry in Hawaii during the talk, "Fighters Against God Will Not Prevail." Brother Barry was instrumental in keeping up the relationship with the DPI until "the end of this system of things." His signature on the 2001 DPI application renewal forms will be the last time a member of the WTBTS will have made an association with the DPI.

For all press inquiries, please call 1(800)328-7448 ext. 263-343

• anglise
    anglise

If they tell the R&F about this the spin will be that the political elements have started turning on religion as they have been prophesying for years.

They will probably forget that according to them its babylon the great that is devastated first and then finally they are supposed to turn on the "chosen ones"

But could the wtbts actually be Babylon the great and we so called "apostates" be the ones who have "got out of her"?

So many ways to spin a yarn and pull a fast on.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Jourles,

Your Press Release "spoof" is making LOL

I hope others realize it is a fake with all this serious crap going on in this and the other threads.

hawk

• mommy
    mommy

Oh man!
    I just got off the phone with Bryce at the WTBTS. He refused to admit association then dissaccociation and continues to say they are investigating the information. He refused to give me the person who is in charge of the association with the UN.

Much convo between us, but I am so sick to my belly now...I will have to write it later. I almost vomitted to hear his spin on it.
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

This is not a win for the dubs. The Guardian will certainly do a follow-up article and this will gain even more publicity as the previous statements from the WTS representative (who I had been on FS with when a teenager) will now appear to be spin or lies. Other news orgs will pick this up too.

This is an embarrassing retreat by the Watchtower.

Well done everyone involved in this especially Hawkaw!!!!!

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Wendy,

Hold on this show isn't over yet. I think it is just about to start to get interesting.

I will tell Mr. Hoeffel they are denying even being a part of it. See what he has to say.

hehehehe

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit