MAJOR UN/WTS/NGO NEWS - WTS IS GONE

by hawkaw 133 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• stephen Bates
    stephen Bates

As the British journalist who wrote the original Guardian article about the Jehovah's Witnesses and the UN, I would like to thank all those who have contacted me since it appeared in Monday's paper. I have been astonished by the response - and by the fact that I have received so far only one critical communication, claiming that because I missed out the coloured in scarlet coloured beast my article was accordingly riddled with inaccuracies.
    For the record: I am not and never have been a Jehovah's Witness but that I knew nothing to the group's detriment before I started in my job as the Guardian's religious affairs correspondent and started speaking to members and ex-members. Does this make me an apostate or just bird seed? The source for my UN story continues to be a JW in good standing in their congregation, though privately a pretty disaffected one.
    Unfortunately the Guardian Weekly did not carry the story (we missed a trick there) but I hope to write further on this subject and would welcome any further communications, to my email address: [email protected]

Best wishes and thanks,

Steve Bates

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

People,

I am back in the saddle and I will be phoning some more.

I am working closely with bibleexaminer on this and we may be getting somewhere.

Please have patience and hold on.

Bibleexaminer I have a few more ideas on information gathering. Hold on

hawk

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Steve,

I just Emailed you. Its important and if you are interested get back to me. I have given my real name, telephone number and Email.

One final thing - As one who deals with the press in my line of work, you did great and those that criticized you should try writing or dealing with the press themselves.

Well done sir

hawk

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Steve Bates, welcome to this board. We appreciate your interest in this subject and your desire to be an objective reporter.

I’m sure that Hawkaw and others can supply you with valuable and accurate additional information.

Again, welcome.

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• OhHappyDay
    OhHappyDay

THANK U SO MUCH for spending time and money with this issue.
    Bibleexaminer + hawk + kent + stephen bates + mommy YOU'RE ALL INVITED TO SPEND A COUPLE OF DAYS IN SOUHERN EUROPE IN MY HOUSE. You're doing a very VERY great job!!
    Happy Day!!!

• Sirona_Celtic
    Sirona_Celtic

Hi

Someone told me they had a copy of the Guardian on Monday and your article wasnt in there. Was it only online?

Thanks
    Sirona

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Great work Steve and all who spent time and money researching and giving this issue attention.

Accuracy of information and an understanding of how this organization works is of utmost importance when preparing anything that will be effective. Any inaccuracy, as has already been mentioned, suddenly becomes "riddled with inaccuracies".

One needs to appreciate that 6 million people and millions more that have been or are associated with this group cannot effectively voice disagreement with the WT policies. They rely heavily on the media to affect any sort of meaningful change to this groups harmful policies.

Thanks again for the article steve. Please read this thread and the letter on page 2 of it from Ladonna's parents. [url] http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?site=3&id=13354&page=1[/url]This will give you more insight into just what sort of people are behind the suits and ties on your doorsteps.

Path

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

They're still listed on the UN website as of 13:40 BST!!!

I think we can at least expect a Question From Readers on this...

... by reaching the National press in the UK (thanks Steven, I sprayed my coffee all over the place when I turned the page and saw the article, and I'd already picked up the info here) it has probably reached a critical mass.

I'm not saying it's the end of the Borg as we know it (note to Steven; you might find some of the terminology used by some xJW's of use in a future article. Borg referes to the Organsiation, and puns off the Borg from Star Trek, the Borg being individuality-ess drones who are part of a collective mind.

BUT there's too much out to do nowt. The paperwork of the UN (I am sure) is for the large part in the public domain, probably has to be under, and as such 'we' will have concrete proof available of the JW's association for a decade, and suspeciously timed withdrawl, possibly proof (if this was the case) that they were asked to go).

Keep on rocking in the free world...

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

Abaddon,

I thought I heard that the Gaurdian did not put the article in print, just on the Internet..

I'm trying to get my hands on an actual newspaper.. Can you tell me where to call to get a copy.. (And which exact day and page it was on)..

Thanks..

• MadApostate
    MadApostate

DPI CALLERS:

It sounds as if we will never see the WTS's original Application.

However, Please keep pushing for the names of the 4 required references.

Also, try to get the DATES of both the Original App and final approval. As evidenced by the timeline for NGOs applying for consultative status with the Economic section, the WTS likely had to apply in 1990 to be approved in 1991. The exact date MAY BE very enlightening, when such is compared with the date of AIDAFRIQUE's origin, which was also in 1990.

This would prove that application for DPI associative status was part of an overall global PR scheme to snuggle up to the UN, various Human Rights NGOs, and Governments, and NOT just some isolated "mistake" only trying to gain info from the UN's PR dept.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit