YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• wings
    wings

Today I am internally scared and empty like most days lately. I am avoiding my real issues by spending too much time on the computer. I wonder if other are professional avoiders, like me, on JWD. Thinking about starting a thread about it. Then I think, maybe tomorrow. I am a true procrastinist, an artist. Too bad there isn't any positive recognition for such talent.

I will take my mother on another walk today. The weather is beautiful, and I truly enjoy our walks. If it hadn't been for her stroke last week, which took her ability to talk away, I would never be able to walk with her. I have to push her in a wheelchair, and she would never put up with that, but now she has no choice. I am in charge. She is in diapers. Strange turn of events in just one week.

I found my Dad's slippers, he is not here to wear them. I miss him. I will deal with that later also. Move forward, someday soon I will begin to deal with the empty space he left. For now, I will just step around it.

Enjoy the day, just enjoy the day.

CompoundComplex...hope you don't mind me joining in. I just discovered active topics and so I have discovered this thread. Thanks.

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

Dear Friends,

These stories of your daily goings-on are a happy/sad commentary on our current reality, post WT.

Minu's tale of our sweet, little aqua-lutra is an example of how one otter do the right thing, eschewing fraudulent monetary gain when preservation of the species is of the essence. Those respondents who urged Minu to take the humane, I daresay, the course of right, are pretty swell in my book.

I, too, JH, have adopted Levis and Wranglers into my sartorial collection. It is so beyond my usual attire of slacks and sports jacket. I am into the lumberjack/sea captain look presently - the description accorded me by appreciative onlookers.

Hoping, wings, that in your helping others you will find joy. St. Francis stated that true joy in life comes from humility and service to your fellowman. I see that objective as quintessential ...

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Final day today!

How'd I feel? I don't know - a mix of happy, sad, relieved, angry disappointed, discourraged, fearful - but I'm excited too for what the future holds

No point worrying, its happening whether I worry or not, so I may as well preserve my health and sanity by not worrying! Or like wings wrote - am I sticking my head in the sand and avoiding the issues I'm facing? Wings - you should start that thread, I think there would be a LOT of input to it

Life, from beginning to end - is full of beginnings and endings.

emo the philosophical

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

Wishing all a very good day and evening.

Till the morrow ...

CoCo

• llbh
    llbh
    Hoping, wings, that in your helping others you will find joy. St. Francis stated that true joy in life comes from humility and service to your fellowman. I see that objective as quintessential

i agree with that sentiment too my friend

Wings i feel your sadness about your dad too

Thanks for you journal Compound Complex

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

Wishing all a good day.

Thank you, llbh, for your welcomed comments. Our good vibes are out there for wings and all others who might be feeling
    the same as he.

CoCo

• wings
    wings

Another beautiful day, high is suppose to be 71. I am finally starting to get some color on my face. My youngest daughter flew down the other day for a visit, my oldest daughter came a week before to help out. So we are here together for a bit. My daughters and I. One of them I want to sit on my lap, hug her till it hurts, kiss and tickle. The other I want to throw over my knee and wack her butt. Both are grown up and beautiful, I love them dearly.

We will rent new movies I haven't seen, cook comfort food, enjoy the grandkids, clean the house (it needs it something terrible), fuss, fight, and laugh. Today I won't worry about tomorrow. I will just enjoy the day. Enjoy the day.

Thank you all for your positive vibes....I'm feeling them.

• llbh
    llbh

I hope you have a good day with your children Wings, whatever age they are special.

I hope things are well Coco my friend

Regards to you all here

David

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    One of them I want to sit on my lap, hug her till it hurts, kiss and tickle. The other I want to throw over my knee and wack her butt. Both are grown up and beautiful, I love them dearly.

That made me smile wings! lol Do both to them while you have them there. Even though they are still adults, they are still your kids and fun things like that make us laugh and remember our childhoods (well maybe not take her over your knee literally, but a good whack on the butt is sometimes needed! lol).

Today, six years ago, my dad died suddenly. I still miss him. Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary. It's a time of conflicting emotions.

BB

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Good evening all

My thoughts also to those of you who have lost or are remembering loved ones. "Time heals" can seem a glib comment at these times, even if it is true...

I've just completed my first day of unemployment - it wasn't too traumatic! Next week, on the days I'm not working, I'll be back at the shop sorting out the stock to return to suppliers and tying up loose ends. I went in this morning to check the mail - sure enough a 'customer' (not sure whether he actually was though) turned up and was demanding to be let in - he was quite intimidating actually - even through the locked door, so I'm glad we weren't open.

Spent the afternoon in our other shop in the neighbouring town and chatted over things with the staff there

The weather isn't good here - high winds and icy cold rain, nice to be indoors and warm.

I'm at peace within even though the storms are raging in my consciousness.

Sometimes its simple home comforts that make the difference

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit