YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Been stood in the middle of a busy road in icy winds and rain all day interviewing often irate motorists. Oh joy!

Why don't some of them realise that if they stopped shouting and complaining about how late they'll be and just answer the questions, they'd be on their way a lot quicker?!

And they're saying its us who were the dumba$$es lol!!

Ah well, a few days rest, recuperation and defrosting for me now

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

Have we defrosted yet, emo? Sounds as though those irate motorists could stand to chill out just a bit. Is this related to your new job situation? Please advise ...

Spring is here weather-wise though not according to the calendar. The temperature should rise to the high-60s in our area and to the mid-50s in Tahoe. Think I'll go for a swim ...

I'm working on a commission of five paintings - a total area of 36 square feet; is that what you call painting by numbers?

Have a good day, one free of incident.

CoCo

• strawberry cake
    strawberry cake

Right now I'm sitting in the kitchen planning my weekend activities with my youngest 11 year old son.

I have been trying real hard to keep him active as he has to form new friendships now. We have also decided to join the scouts....me as a parent helper. We love to hike and camp and this I believe will provide us with new friends. We have also joined the angling club and the ramblers.

The memorials coming and yesterday, my middle son(still in org), who is 16 and difficult, asked me if I was going to the memorial. I said no. He asked if I would be doing it somewhere else, because the bible says we should do this. I told him that he wouldn't be taking it either, so whats the problem. He said we should observe it . I said, where does it say that? The conversation was unpleasant in its tone and my son was being argumentative. He is angry and confused. He was angry and confused when I was in...so no change.

He doesnt listen and is very rude. I've noticed that being a JW doesnt mean you actually have to be spiritual..Because he decidedly is not.Just sticking to rules and routine.

Anyway..I've been listening to a really good gospel singer called Coffey Anderson on GodTube and a disabled preacher called Nick Nujicic. I feel spiritual uplifted by them.

I read my bible, mainly the sermon on the mount, as at the moment,I can't cope with anything too controversial.

Apart from my loving husband and oldest son(my oldest son aged 20 is still in,he is very understanding and sweet about everything),I have a really good friend that I am close to, who is a very spiritual lady. We talk often.My large non JW family have phoned to cheer me up and to invite me over.. So all the girlfriends that are shunning me is no real loss...because they can't have been real friends. Indeed they are stuck in an artificial environment.

So I am deprogramming. I know I have issues from 13 years of association. I am leaning on God.( I hardly can say Jehovah Now) Jesus is my friend...and life is a gift.

xxx Srawberry Cake

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

Thank you, strawberry cake, for your comments and a belated welcome to the forum.

You have already discovered the value of true friendship through your making of new friends, ones who will most likely show you unconditional love as you make the transition. Those outside the Organization are incredulous when we describe the bad fruitage of a cult's conditional love.

Your good attitude and outlook will help you deal with pressures on the home front ... hang in there and please continue to keep us posted.

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Good Day CoCo and everyone else who reads.

Yes, I'm in my new job for now - 2 days casual work this week, which I've done and another 2 days of the same next week. The pay is very good - almost the same each week as I used to earn in my full time job. It's hard earned though considering the cold weather and abuse we get!

I returned to the local job centre today to find out what had happened to a job application I'd made via them two weeks ago - it turns out that they've actually lost my application form! Still tired from the last two days work, I took a fresh application form to fill out, left the building, sat on a bench across the street and cried my eyes out. I could have happily stepped in front of the traffic at that point so it was safer for me to sit until the tears stopped.

Sometimes one wonders whether they are really interested in helping you to find employment. I know now why its just less hassle to live on state benefits than find work. If they treat me like a deposit on the bottom of their shoe for long enough, I'll start to believe it and behave like it. They've managed to destroy any confidence I had in them already, what hope is there?

*sigh*

sad 'n' suicidal emo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear really SAD emo ,

Please don't despair! It only seems bad though it is, of course, a terrible letdown.

Endless paperwork and interviews and rejection: we've all gone through that and survived (though we wondered how and why). Continue putting one foot in front of the other and reminding yourself to breathe in and to breathe out. Your life and your experiences - the good, the bad and the ugly - continue to mold and shape you into the fire-resistant person you are to become. That benefits you (sooner rather than later) which, in turn, benefits us when you share details of your incredible journey.

Peace and love,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Breathing in, breathing out - I am a temple of calm! Thank you for your wise and encouraging words CoCo. My sister told me the other day that there is the right job out there just for me. These letdowns are just a way of making sure I get that right one

It's now pouring with rain - we're supposed to have severe storms in the next couple of days - 80mph winds and possibly snow.

It'll be just my luck for it all to happen on Tuesday when I'm back outdoors for 12 hours lol!

Yorkie, my other cat has just come to my side to see what I'm doing, he's purring away happily. Sophie my sick kitty has been curled up asleep on my bed for most of the day, she's happy but I suspect not well again - ah and she has just walked into the lounge to see what she's missing Now they are sitting watching each other to see who psyches out who first!!

Yorkie lost! He's gone outside to play in the rain now, you just can't take the 'feral' out of a semi-feral cat!

Have a good weekend all.

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

I hope that all those in JWD-land have a wonderful and safe weekend.

I am excited about my latest commissions in the fields of interior design and wedding planning. At last, I have hit my stride and am getting paid for it! My brain won't turn off as the floodgates of creative thought are open, thanks to those few lovely people who find my art worthy of their homes and special events.

CoCo

• llbh
    llbh

Dear Coco

It is good to here the excitement in your voice, it is palpable. To be rewarded for all your hard work is good thing long may it continue

Sad emo i wish you well in your endeavours too. I hope like me you are spared the worst of the storms coming our way

Regards

David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit