YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

Today, six years ago, my dad died suddenly. I still miss him. Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary. It's a time of conflicting emotions.

BB

, CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

I'm at peace within even though the storms are raging in my consciousness.

Sometimes its simple home comforts that make the difference

Thank you, emo, for the above, and wings and llhb, for your comments ...

Gratefully,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

I've seen Marilyn in an entirely new light, in fact, in a role quite unlike those in which she plays the ditzy but likeable "dumb blonde." Monroe - that Marilyn.

She portays a sinister and somewhat sleazy dame whose husband, George Loomis (Joseph Cotton), is an edgy and neurotic cuckold. Rose and her guy conspire to do away with George, but things just seem not to work out as planned - you know, the best laid plans of an illicit love. Incidentally, the movie is "Niagara." Gorgeous cinematagraphy, excellent acting and a sinner's ultimate redemption weave their celluloid spell ...

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

Another beautiful day on tap. Temperatures will be in the mid-60s, most likely. Going out to do some tree trimming. I've donned my dungarees and am all set to go ...well, after another cuppa cafe, perhaps.

A pleasant day to all,

CoCo

Thanks, emo, for your updates on the work front. Wishing the best.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Enjoy your gardening CoCo!

Lots of gardening on the horizon for me too - my lawns are really out of shape, I didn't mow them enough last year, my flower bed needs clearing of dead foliage and my hedgerow needs trimming down. The only part of my garden which looks good at the moment is a rough patch at the far end where the bluebells and crocuses are beginning to show through!

I also need to prepare my vegetable plot but its been so wet the last few days that the soil will be too heavy, plus I don't want to kill too many earthworms which keep the soil more fertile they usually come closer to the surface when its wet. A good friend gave me some seed potatoes - pink fir apple and charlotte - varieties I've never tried before - plus some onion sets so I'll need my garden ready to plant them in around 3 weeks time. I'll probably get an Arran or maris variety of potato to plant later for my main crop, plus some broccolli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, turnips and carrots. I might try leeks too, but they need a lot of water - practically drowning!

My dilapidated garden shed has finally had it - earthquake and high winds have torn the roof in two - I smell a bonfire on the horizon when the wood dries out a little I might salvage some of the wood and the windows though to build a cold-frame so I don't have to raise seedlings all over my house as I have been doing!

Felicia Feline is going back to the vet tomorrow to have her solitary tooth looked at again - she's still eating well and it doesn't appear to be bothering her - she's not drooling or pawing her mouth plus she's still eating well - but the tooth and gum doesn't look great.

Ah well, better get on with my studying now.

have a good day all, whatever you're doing

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

A new week lies before us, to be dealt with and utilized, it is hoped, to our benefit.

I often wish that I had the energy to get into all the projects my mind can dream up. Your gardening chores, emo, were the very task I once relished and dove into headfirst, no thought whatsoever about the enervating effect upon my body ... why no thought? I was young and vigorous. Sure, I was exhausted after hours and hours of "plowing the fields." But I loved it! I recuperated quickly and jumped back in with all fours (didn't I just say headfirst?). Nowadays, jobs are divided up into little neatly bundled and bound mini-tasks that my momentary bursts of energy begrudgingly permit me ... Once the preordainded and scrupulously measured burst flames out - to the last calorie - I am arrested in my tracks and thrown into a gaol of absolute physical restraint.

Ah, for the old days!

Wishing all a terrific day.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

I'm preparing to visit some friends on another planet ... I hope to stay in touch, though it's a given that my traveling at warp speed is going to get me back home little older but you quite advanced in age. You will recognize me; however, will I you?

Will communicate as time (what is time?) permits.

CoConaut

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

Its kind a weird to see so many hits on this thread when most them don't make that much sense, including my own.

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

There are thousands of days I would like to look into her eyes and let the tears of joy from mine drip onto her lids as we enfold one another!

We would have such fun times!

We would have such life in our midst!

But middle aged and never happened is the reality of a soul with much to give and no receiver and so the game is given over to some other to do as I have wished! It leaves my longings untasted!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit