YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

Thanks llbh - I appreciate your kind words; have a good day ...

Wishing everyone a good and prosperous day.

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi all

CoCo I'm glad you're in your stride with the commissions you've got. I imagine they will take several weeks to complete?

A productive day for me today - having checked that the job I'd applied for the other week was still open, I put in a fresh application. This time I watched the 'customer service' assistant who took it deliver the form to the appropriate desk! She thought I was being a bit funny with her until I explained the reason for my paranoia!!

Have applied for a few more jobs too - it seems hard to get full time hours these days, but part time hours won't pay my bills - i suspect I'm going to end up with a job portfolio - well it sounds good even if the actual jobs are mundane lol!

I returned to the shop today to tidy up a few more bits and pieces but my heart just isn't in it any more. I find it difficult to motivate myself once I'm there, but it's got to be done.

I'm ready for the second lot of outdoor work tomorrow and Wednesday - the weather isn't as cold as last week so even if its raining I won't mind too much. Our area seems to be in the eye of the storm - as long as it doesn't shift north or south we should be ok!

Probably won't be around here much again for the next couple of days so have a good week

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Dear diary

I'm back! Tuesday's weather was ok but Yesterday was horrendous! We were situated at one of the highest places in town - near a windfarm. The turbines which shut down automatically when wind speeds reach 60mph had all shut down! And it was very wet!! One of the other surveys was cancelled because of the weather - so I got another days work today. All extra cash :-) Looking forward to a lie in tomorrow - the problem is my mind will be programmed to wake me at 4.45am again! I'll stay up as late as I can tonight which should do the trick.

Tomorrow I'll relax at home - studies to catch up on, job applications to fill in, and see if there are any other new vacancies to apply for. Hmm, maybe relax isn't the word!

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

Sad emo:

It's good hearing from you. Bad weather means a day of rest for you - from the job anyway. Don't try to get too caught up or you'll exhaust yourself. Hope your day is productive/restful ... oxymoron?

I delivered the remainder of my commissioned works this afternoon. The reaction to my series of Himalayan landscapes was an exclamation of approval and appreciation. Clients, who frequently do not/cannot share the artist's vision, are often disappointed with the work they have commissioned.

I got lucky ... I never thought my art would pay the rent.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

Please share your day ...

Gratefully,

CoCo Rococo

(Tchaikovsky's "Variations on a Rococo Theme" just came on NPR.)

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I've been at the shop all day today sorting the stock into different piles - a lot we can return to various suppliers, some we will sell via our other shop and online. I had a friend with me so I felt much better about being there and motivated. We got lots done but there's still more to do yet!

I'm wide awake and well-rested following my outdoor exploits of the past two weeks! I have a bit of a chesty cough - don't know whether its an infection or just because of all the pollution I've been breathing. Another thing I noticed is that I can't stand walking beside busy roads any more. I haven't quite worked it out yet - is it the noise I can't stand, or DO I like the noise and feel the urge to stand still and watch the traffic? I dunno, if I'm still like this in a week, I may need to book a session with my therapist to try and unpack it.

Sophie's tooth is not good, but she's happy - sitting on the window ledge watching 'dinner' fly by at the moment! Yorkie has indigestion and isn't moving much - I suspect he ate a mouse whole yesterday! No matter how often you tell him to chew his food, he never learns YUCK!

More job applications to fill in this weekend plus more studying. I seem busier now than when I was working lol!

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

Another thing I noticed is that I can't stand walking { I like that use of "stand" for tolerate, emo. That juxtaposing of "can't stand" next to walking creates a deliciously visual irony} beside busy roads any more. I haven't quite worked it out yet - is it the noise I can't stand, or DO I like the noise and feel the urge to stand still and watch the traffic? {My brotherly advice is to stay as FAR AWAY from traffic as possible} I dunno, if I'm still like this in a week, I may need to book a session with my therapist to try and unpack it. {I'm more concerned about your respiratory condition than your mental health, emo. Is "unpack" like our "unload"? Lovely, simply lovely, your British ways. They are so, well, so VERY British!}

A beautiful day to all ...

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Good day to all!

CoCo, I never even noticed the juxtaposition there! Perhaps you now envisage me sitting in a deckchair or sun lounger at the side of the road?! 'Unpack' in the way I used it means to talk something through and try to understand what is causing the 'problem' or why I'm reacting the way I am - then try to come up with ways to improve the situation. But I'll try and stay away from busy roads for now!! I don't know whether the cough is better or worse today - its gone very dry and tickly but I feel fine otherwise

Experienced 'Christian love' from certain folks at church this morning when they discovered what I've been doing the past two weeks! I almost felt like saying to them "ok - YOU give me a job, YOU pay my bills then!" - wait till they find out I'm applying for a job at a bookmakers (gambling!) shop, that'll raise a few eyebrows if I get it lol!

I'm having roast chicken for lunch its a while since I ate 'proper' food - and one chicken will feed me for 3-4 days! Good value

Have a great day all!

• DJK
    DJK

I think I've been smythed by my JW father. Last Monday he forwarded an e-mail regarding a movie called "Expelled" with the words "a must see". I responded by accusing the scientists of apostacy. To believe in evolution and then change their mind, they are now being shunned by members of their community much in the way witnesses who lose their beliefs are disfellowshipped/shunned, as well as a few comments that clearly idenitfy myself as an Atheist.

I also pointed out the hypocrisy of the witnesses to consider most television and movie celebreties as a representation of evil until they have something valuable and positve to say about theocracy.

It took him four days to respond with the following. Quite a bit of it seems copy/pasted and its the words "Those who would even think in such a blasphemous way must be silenced" that trouble me the most.

The ultimate quest of the atheist seems to be " I am the top of the evolutionary chain in a random climb to intellectual superiority and therefore can dictate to all those of lesser intellegence that they should swallow and follow." What other true scientific endeavor can we find such a tyranny of authority? A large number of scientists today do not accept the THEORY of evolution because it is unproved and unprovable. The truth of the matter is that to challenge that THEORY is to imply a Creator! Imagine, Someone superior to the greatest intellects in the universe today! Unthinkable!!What an affront to the atheists! Those who would even think in such a blasphemous way must be silenced. The fact of the matter is that to accept such an unproved theory requires much more faith than to believe in a God who has instilled in His human creation such qualities as the ability to show LOVE,JOY,UNSELFISHNESS, SELF -CONTROL,LOYALTY,WISDOM,the innate need to worship a higher power, and most of all to desire to live forever. What else could explain the godless trend today : the survival of the fittest.(Darwinian) What a terrible harvest is being reaped today because of this godless theory! Don't be afraid to question it. James 4:6, 1 Corinthians 3: 18-21, Matthew 11:28-30, Psalm 53:1-3, 2 Corinthians 4:4,James 4:7,8.

Last night I responded to him and told him I have been doing some research about the witnesses and theocracy. I suggested he do some research regarding 607 BC, 1914, 1935, 1975, the United Nations, the changing stance on the blood issue, and the pedophile issues within the org. I also said I'm not satisfied with the current definition of Atheism and I am working on expanding it with the intention of submitting it to Webster's for publication. I wait for his response, I know the wheels are turning. Its been thirty four years since we discussed religion, I'm sure I have surprised him with my limited knowledge and I'll bet he's wondering where I got this knowledge. DJK (Maybe we should let him in on Revelations 23)

• BIG D
    BIG D

big d

just woke up, kids are at grandmas, didnt go out last nite, im pretty boring and tired of being single, my x wants to come back, but shes a real evil person, to the core, lost the kids to me in court 5 years ago, never paid any support, so i wont be goin there.

still i think there must be something wrong with me, cant seem to form a relationship for a while now, i admit being selfemployed and raising twin 8 year olds and a 17 year old keep me so busy, where am i supposed to have the time to look?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit