YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

William said "Write!" - simply put your fingers to the keys and write with all your heart. Afterwards, you let your mind review your heartfelt musings. That's how I understood him.

Good advice from an author taking top honors. Also, it tends to eliminate the all-too-recurring writer's block ...

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

During my absence I spent a great deal of time with book in hand - the old-fashioned method of acquiring information. It felt good in the tactile sense, and my hunger my knowledge was satisfied in a slow yet satisfactory manner.

I am both awed and bewildered by the vast reaches from which cyber-data is drawn; the physical and mental state in which I find myself after hours spent at the computer, however, is quite different from that experienced after time devoted to reading a book. Perhaps it is a question of taking in more information than a tiny mind can reasonably process.

My inability to learn it all and do it all no longer troubles me as much as it used to. A bit more cautious than formerly, I am now less likely to expose myself to sensory-overload.

I could slip, though...

A & W send their love and greetings,

CoCo

• minimus
    minimus

Hey CoCo, don't you miss my thread that was locked where you used to post about your day? I'm glad this thread hasn't been put down under for you, bro.

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

During my absence I spent a great deal of time with book in hand - the old-fashioned method of acquiring information. It felt good in the tactile sense, and my hunger my knowledge was satisfied in a slow yet satisfactory manner.

I am both awed and bewildered by the vast reaches from which cyber-data is drawn; the physical and mental state in which I find myself after hours spent at the computer, however, is quite different from that experienced after time devoted to reading a book. Perhaps it is a question of taking in more information than a tiny mind can reasonably process.

My inability to learn it all and do it all no longer troubles me as much as it used to. A bit more cautious than formerly, I am now less likely to expose myself to sensory-overload.

I could slip, though...

A & W send their love and greetings,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi Minimus:

Yes, I do - very much so. As you know, I was always grateful for your input and support.

JWD has taught me a great deal, particularly that I shouldn't think more of myself than necessary. That is perhaps one of the greatest lessons a mildly delusional character can learn.

Thank you again, Mini ...

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi CoCo and anyone else...

Friday's interview didn't feel good - but I think it will depend on which part of the job they want to prioritise - shop sales or internet sales. If it's the latter, i could be very useful to them because I now have quite a lot of web editing to my credit.

I have another interview elsewhere on Monday too I'm happy that I've made it to interview stages. Lots more options to explore too thanks to help from my sis

I hope the right door appears soon.

Felicia feline needs to see the vet again with her solitary tooth, her gum seems to be receding though so perhaps with a bit of manhandling, he may be able to work it loose and pull it without any anaesthetic!

Need to catch up on this weeks college work schedule - I'm determined to pace myself so I don't end up cramming or doing all night stints this semester!

Have a good weekend all.

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

I don't know if I shall ever satisfactorily resolve questions of religious faith. It has been brought to my attention in a rather abrupt and straightforward manner that other men's revelations (derived from the visions, dreams and otherworldly voices recorded in the world's holy books) are disqualified from serving as an honest basis for one's personal commitment to God.

Certainly a hypothetical personal revelation - however persuaded one might be of its "divine" source - cannot become the basis of one's spiritual life and future direction. Too many men and women have heard voices from on high, and where those voices have led the spiritually susceptible is not ground upon which I wish to tread.

I continue to read, to weigh, to compare ...

A lifetime's journey, doubtless.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Dear CoCo - a lifetime journey indeed it is! As for the holy books, even if they be not literally true, they still contain within some useful guidelines for living - that is where you find the divine revelations on which you can base your personal beliefs.

Search within...

It's a nice sunny day here, I'll be going for my interview in a couple of hours - and then I'm visiting some friends to chat about these very matters of faith and belief.

Have a great day all.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear emo,

You are as insightful and practical as ever - thank you!

I hope that your interview goes well and that your further forays into the questions of the ages prove beneficial.

Greetings and best wishes to all ...

Love,

CoCo

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Dear CoCo: Thank you for your writings.

Cheers -Void

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit