YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm listening to Annie Lennox sing "Bridge over Troubled Water" on American Idol. I went to work today, I'm thinking about a new client with a really interesting problem, also planted a tomato plant and some herbs in a big pot and I'm wondering if I'm too late - 100 degrees this weekend, probably will stay hot until fall.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey Sass!

Are you all right? That underwater stuff can freak out anyone. I went snorkeling in the Great Barrier reef while friends did the Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus thingy. I couldn't even get to first base, so to speak. "Sea Hunt," with LLoyd Bridges [TV program I loved as a kid], was about all the sub-H20 I could endure.
    I put up an old thread for you - dealing with fear but including comments on anxiety:

"Why am I paralyzed with fear?" www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/123268/1.ashx

I hope the information helps you deal with your anxiety so's you don't go over the top. Please take care of yourself!

Love and peace to you!

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Good Morning Friends,

Wishing you all a good day, I wanted to ask what you're up to this morning. I like to stay in touch with my friends, particularly here. Meeting new ones is part of the fun. Any suggestions on how to reach out when no one appears available?
    Please respond! Off to work. Have a great day.

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey Hortensia!

Good morning! Actually, here in California, tomatoes do better if they're not set back by frost. Some wait till early May. It is good, too, to allow for extra root growth by carefully bending the root ball at an angle from the adjoining stem, thereby burying that stem section in the soil. More root growth produces a healthier plant. Bon appetit!
    I'm also helping a client with an interesting problem - getting the huge new remodel designed and accessorized by their weekend open house! This is why I cannot sleep nights.
    Thanx for your reply, Hortensia - enjoy the warm California sun. I am!

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

Just returned from a painting job and the client and I worked together to knock over the TV set when putting everything back. It's broken - 'You're not to worry,' she said. 'It's only a television.' She paid me for my work, but I felt bad.
    Off to teach piano then my AL-ANON meeting. It really helps me deal with my new self. Support groups are great.

CoCo

• gwyneth
    gwyneth

I keep a journal, and have about a dozen that date back to 1980 (I was 10 years old.)

When I am happy, I don't write in my journals. The longest period between entries is a year. When I'm unhappy, I write profusely. Sometimes 3 or 4 times a day. (1996 was a bumper year for journals--I think I have two. Conversely, I have been writing in my present journal since 2002--almost full.)

Today has been unbelievably hectic. I worked at my first job from 8:00 to 9:15, then went to my second job from 9:30 to 2:45. I picked up my daughter and her friend at 3:00. We went to Target to get a new bathing suit for my daughter, because she is going on a field trip to Wet n' Wild tomorrow. Then we went to Publix, and I got flowers and food for a sports banquet tonight at the school. Her friend's mom had special ordered flowers at a florist, so then we went there, and they didn't have the flowers ready, so we had to wait around and now I am running late. Macaroni and cheese is bubbling in the oven, and I need to leave in 5 minutes. When I get to the school, I have to try and find parents who agreed to put a little cash in the volleyball/basketball coach's card, so we can present the flowers and card to her during awards. After, I have to go back to Target because my daughter bought the wrong size bottoms, and then I have to go to my mom's rental house and sweep, collect dead bugs and lizards, dust, turn on the air conditioner, and make sure the breaker hasn't popped on the hot water tank.

When I get home, I will crash. Got to go....I can't believe I took the time to write this!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Monday is the deadline for filing income tax returns here in Canada. I can't believe the self employed people that wait until the end to bring in their boxes of stuff - not sorted, not added, GST returns not done for the year and expect them done on time so they don't get a penalty! The one return I'm working on right now all I can say is - well I can't say it!! It's a mess!!!!!

Isn't there something about vulgar language in the posting guidelines? All that wants to come out of my mouth right now is vulgar!!!!!

BB

• ninja
    ninja

today I got up early and went cleaning...I cleaned 2 factories and a doctors surgery and a stairwell...tried on the docs stethoscope when he wasn't looking.....nah ...only kidding....bought a kite at the weekend and haven't been able to fly it ...(no wind!)...ate a curry last night ...now have plenty of wind...my kids came in from the meeting and said cumbernauld asda has a nintendo wii delivery tomorrow..and my mrs has ordered one....woo hoo....I have been still trying to fill my video i-pod...still have 54 gb to go....there isnt 54 gb of film in the world....heeeelp!!!!my wife and kids are watching extreme makeover as I write this...its about autistic kids....the wife on extreme makeover has 1950's specs on...I am up at 5.30 tomorrow for the bowling club cleaning....sniff...samuel pepys and anne frank...eat your heart out

• prophecor
    prophecor

So I stuck my foot in it today.

When returning home from work, this afternoon, I made a silly statement to my mum I was hoping she wouldn't take me, too, seriously. She was down for whatever!!! She's a real firestormer in her senior years. She doesn't take much guff off of anyone any more, especially any of her children.

" Lets go out and plant that rosebush " I said. She was down for it. It took me a few moments to convince myself about the investment in time as well as energy to get it done, I've planted two of them in the backyard already, about a month ago So I now have to eat my words or go back on them. She was so happy to have them planted. All in all, in about a space of half an hour.

My sisters have been carrying the torch for the past ten years or so. They've both reached burnout as regards being in the caretaker role. I don't see it as being a caretaker but as the thing that the family must do. It's not a job, but it must be done. I spend the evening hours with her as my older sister goes off to school and her job during the afternoons. It takes a huge heat factor away from a potentially volatile situation.

Mum is strong, strong willed, and she requires monitoring. She's a smoker, so things can get complicated with her zoning in and out of consciousness, like she does on occasion. She also likes to feel needed, so she cooks on occasion. She does very well in this regard. It just requires a bit of monitoring on the part of those here in the house. It's comforting to me as well as a wonderful opportunity to make the difference in her life in these winter Autumnal-type years of hers. God is good, and makes a way for us to turn some pretty brutal lemons into some nice cool Country Time Lemonade.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Ah, Gwyneth!

Macaroni and cheese bubbling in the oven! Gustatory heaven! And nostalgic reminisces as I read about your life as Taxi-Mom. While my mother never drove, the description of your day is very similar to how Mom wrote about hers to me. I'm so glad that your busyness today didn't stop you from making my day! Thank you.

Bumble Bee fights the urge to employ expletives:

Quel nachtemare! - tax time and your clients expect you to be a miracle worker: "Here, take these scraps of paper lousy with illegible or cryptic notations and do please make some sense of them!"
    People can be so thoughtless. Hope you succeed in maintaining your calm as well as that all-important professional decorum. Right. Thanks for posting!

Ninja cleans up!

Hey there! Boy, does your job sound familiar. Did much the same most of my life. "If I become a Witness, does that mean I have to become a janitor?" ... "Yes, son, it does. It's part of the revamped baptismal vow."
    Is "doctors' surgery" the equivalent to ER in the USA? Hope the curry wasn't too much for you! Good hearing from you, and thanx for mentioning Mr. Pepys and Miss Frank - you did them proud!

Prophecor and the rose garden:

"Few things are lovelier to me than a full blown rose when it opens its heart." - Audrey Hepburn. GARDENS OF THE WORLD - ROSES AND ROSE GARDENS, a PBS presentation.
    The program begins with the French La Roseraie de l'Hays les Roses and takes the viewer to a collection of roses at Mottisfont Abbey in Hampshire, England...but there's so much more! Hope you can see this, Prophecor and Mum.
    I can understand the burnout factor when caring for aged parents and grandparents. The caregivers need care, too. It's good that the family is working this out together. In many families it's often left to one dutiful, adult child.
    Hang in there and take care of yourself, Prophecor. Thanx for your journal of thoughts and deeds!

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit