YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

by compound complex 1320 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

Heard tell, emo, of the temblor and thought of you, llbh and other friends in England. Glad you're all right.

My location in California is less likely to experience quakes than areas on the fault line ... I know, famous last words.

Seismologists are faultfinders.

CoCo de la Terre-temblar

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

Auto da Fe. [An act of faith.]

A day set apart by the Inquisition for the examination of “heretics.” Those not acquitted were burnt. The reason why inquisitors burnt their victims was, because they are forbidden to “shed blood”; an axiom of the Roman Catholic Church being, “Eccle’sia non novit san’guinem” (the church is untainted with blood).

Therefore, God's law has not been broken ...

• llbh
    llbh
    Therefore, God's law has not been broken ...

The more things change the more things remain the same, that is what this statement reminnds me of. There are many paralells here im many modren relogions

Regards

David

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

2 days and counting...

I'm getting quite excited about the casual work I'll be doing next week - I've finally been told where I'll be working and there aren't any horrendous locations like at the side of the motorway!

Haven't heard anything from the two interviews I had so I'm assuming they're no's. Awaiting an application form for another job and I'm reasonably optimistic - there are a few posts to fill and they don't advertise too widely so there won't be too many applicants. I phoned them yesterday for an 'informal chat' about the work and it sounds ideal for me at the moment - few responsibilities, not too much to think about and always busy, plus I get to meet people too so will be able to chat whilst working.

We'll see what happens

the church is untainted with blood

Fascinating when compared with Tertullian's (?) writing that 'The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the church'. I didn't know about that particular law, but it explains why so many of the English martyrs were subjected to such horrific methods of execution such as stretching and crushing Can't work out how they would have got away with hang/draw/quartering though

• compound complex
    compound complex

YOUR DAILY JOURNAL

- emo!

- llbh!

A new day dawns. February boasts the nicest "winter" weather in California. Temperatures in the 60s are typical and fruit trees are in glorious bloom. Gentle zephyrs waft about pleasantly, invigorating this otherwise torpid soul. By no means are these delightfully airy currents reminiscent of their earlier obnoxious cousin howlers.

Vive le printemps!

CoCo Spring-in-His-Step

• minu
    minu

Hi everyone.

I haven't been around here much but wanted to share this story with you. It's approx. 10:30 a.m. where I am right now.

Around 9:30 this morning, Carl calls me up to ask me if I want a baby sea otter. Excuse me?! I exclaim. Do you want a baby sea otter he repeats in a casual tone? Now, mind you, we live in the woods with those giant mutant owls who try to pick off our grown cats. What the hell am I going to do with a baby sea otter? He tells me we can build him a little place this weekend where he will live. My mind is spinning! I’m already yanking out the phone book for the phone number to the Zoo.

Nevermind that he came into contact with this otter through "hustle man" a shady character who roams down Highland road with his wares that he’s stolen during the night.

Here’s another thing, sea otters are worth more than $100 so not only is purchasing stolen goods from someone a crime, if you purchase something worth more than $100 it’s a felony. Plus, I don’t even think you can own or have "exotic" animals in your possession without proper licenses.

Apparently Hustle man stole this sea otter from the LSU vet school. This poor little thing was stolen from his home placed in an ice chest and is now eating a can of tuna fish.

Carl calls the vet school and asks them if they are missing a baby sea otter. They say yes and are on their way to rescue the poor animal.

It’s too early in the morning for all this. . . . .

- Minu

• JH
    JH

I decided to go see my sister in St-Jérome. I brought my mom along. She's happy to see her daughter. I ate a yummy junior whopper and fries. Went to their local mall, and saw a blood dive. Sorry I can't give any blood before April 16th...

Also bought a pair of Levis

• DJK
    DJK
    Carl calls the vet school and asks them if they are missing a baby sea otter. They say yes and are on their way to rescue the poor animal.

You did a good thing to return the otter. Its best chances of survival will be with people who know the best diet for it.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Just spent the evening with a dear friend who's like a mum to me, especially since my real mum died, she starts some aggressive chemo tomorrow

we ate and then sat and watched tv and chatted, just chillin'

Good to see you post again minu and I'm glad that baby sea otter has made it back 'home'!

• JH
    JH

I just did something I didn't do in over 30 years.

I went to play bowling with my sister

First game 95

Second game 139

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit