Don Imus Fired!

by minimus 217 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I thought you misspelled MINIMUS as DONIMUS.

• heathen
    heathen

I don't get where lonelysheep feels that the word nappy is exclusive to black people or a racist remark . Nappy simply means - a soft downy fiberous surface . could be used for anybody with that type of hair .

• restrangled
    restrangled

I never knew the meaning of "nappy"...I assumed it meant messed up hair after taking a nap! When I saw the show where Imus said that, I thought he had some nerve.....as his hair always looks like he has just got up from taking a nap! Then I saw the girls and they all had beautifully coiffed hair.

After I looked up the meaning, I still thought that Imus' hair looked fuzzy and he had one hella of nerve.

As far as the word Ho......it's the same as using the term Bitch or the C word. They are all degrading to the female population.

What really degrading words are used on men? Can you think of any? None really. So women of any race are still second class citizens in some peoples minds, and those of color are a little lower yet.

I'm glad they nailed him, now lets get the rest of the simple minded, bigoted jerks of any race.

r.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    LS, I enjoyed your response! A putdown is a putdown, isn't it? On the other hand, I fear we might tend to get a bit oversensitive to any slurs.

Thanks, Min. I'm not sure where the line can be drawn for being oversensitive.

I don't get where lonelysheep feels that the word nappy is exclusive to black people or a racist remark . Nappy simply means - a soft downy fiberous surface . could be used for anybody with that type of hair .

Then I see remarks like this that make me and I have to be glad there are people with brains out there to draw a line somewhere.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    What really degrading words are used on men? Can you think of any? None really. So women of any race are still second class citizens in some peoples minds, and those of color are a little lower yet.

Many men in my race hate to be called a derogatory homophobic term and they hate being called a bitch! Go figure! For example, "Who are you calling a bitch with your sorry bitch punk (or the other homophobe term) ass!"

I remember calling a white doctor at work "boy". He about had a stroke. I was ready to go fist to cuffs with that man. He came in there throwing papers and cursing all down the hallway. He never did that to any nurse again. The nurse's on first shift got bagels and cream. He didn't give me anything, which is fine with me; just as long as he changed his abusive behavior.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Ms M.

Many men in my race hate to be called a derogatory homophobic term and they hate being called a bitch! Go figure! For example, "Who are you calling a bitch with your sorry bitch punk (or the other homophobe term) ass!"

I remember calling a white doctor at work "boy". He about had a stroke. I was ready to go fist to cuffs with that man. He came in there throwing papers and cursing all down the hallway. He never did that to any nurse again. The nurse's on first shift got bagels and cream. He didn't give me anything, which is fine with me; just as long as he changed his abusive behavior.

Isn't it funny men don't like to be referred to in any female terms or the term "boy".....but women except being called a "girl" with out negative reaction. (In fact being called a girl is a compliment)

Again my point is made that there is really no negative male term available except the B word for men, which in general is taken as just being a jerk.

r.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Again my point is made that there is really no negative male term available except the B word for men, which in general is taken as just being a jerk.

A male being called a bitch means they're weak and a worthless man.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Ms D...I meant the other B word (Bastard)...Which means the son of a B word. Again a negative connection to a female.

r.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Ms D...

One more observation, when I hear gay men refer to each other as "Bitch" from what I understand they actually snicker and approve of that term.

If any gays reading these posts would like to suggest otherwise, please enlighten.

r.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Ms D...I meant the other B word (Bastard)...Which means the son of a B word. Again a negative connection to a female.

r.

Oh! Yes, I see! Son of a biscuit eater! Yeah, that's what I use to say! And still say!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit