Don Imus Fired!

by minimus 217 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

....for saying "nappy headed hos". He's off TV and radio. Personally, he's never been my favorite but I like him more than the Reverend Al Sharpton!

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

With everything that is really wrong with this country, all we can do is get some stupid talk radio host fired?! Pretty pathetic, IMO!

• heathen
    heathen

I thought that was histerical tho . come on, if you watch any cable tv, everybody is a target for those type comedic comments . Just watch mind of mencia , that guy rips everybody and everybody laughs . If he were a black guy and made that remark , no problemo .

• minimus
    minimus

Sharpton and company should get all the rappers fired too.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

One other thing; this firing was brought to you by the LEFT, who constantly tell s us that tolereance is the greatest virtue a person can have. Evidently, they only tolerate speak that they deem appropriate.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Where is this vaunted Freedom of Speech spoken of in the bill of rights????? He used verbage you can hear on any hip hop/rap station is it only racism when a white person says it???? Or are Sharpton and Jessie going after all the rappers too????? Bet not. I am so tired of this bull if those players at Rutgers took it as an insult then they have much to high of an opinion of themselves imo. We have a lot to do in life and going around looking for an insult when one isn't intended is bs. Why let him or anyone else have that much power over you?????

• JH
    JH

I never heard of that name.

Who is he.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I'm a huge Don Imus fan, I've listened to him every morning on the way to work for years. The man has done a lot of good for a lot of people. When this controversy first broke I took his side, but now I don't know.

The women on the Rutgers basketball team are role models, perfect examples of the success that honest, hard work can achieve. At the high point of their lives they deserve better than to be referred to in such gangsta' rap rhetoric. Ultimately, Don Imus' future rests in their hands.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

as far as being off tv who watched msnbc anyway. he however is only on a two week hiatus on radio. I personally don't like his radio program but still this much to do over nothing is ridiculous.

• minimus
    minimus

CBS fired him too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit