Don Imus Fired!

by minimus 217 Replies latest jw friends

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Read These Notes: Back in the 1960's, Berkeley, California was at the center of Much of The Activities That was Taking Place in U.S. From the Civil Rights Movement, To The Vietnam War, To The Counter Culture and Hippie Movement, and Finally, Most Important of All, To The Free Speech Movement.

For Those of Us who were at Berkeley, We Were Part of an Experience That is Undescribable to the New Generation.

When the Historians write The History of the 20th Century, 1960's will Be Considered as a "Pivotal Decade" in the History of U.S. And In This Decade, Berkeley, California was At The Hub of All That Was Happening in U.S.

About Martin Luther King, y'all didn't like him either that's why he was assassinated.

I was not aware that all white people didn't like Dr. King. I was under some impression that especially at Berkeley many whites mobilized in the Civil Rights Movement.

It's these sort of ridiculous statements that show someone not only to be racist, but of the "Al Sharpton Mentality".

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

I have watched this thread from the start until today where I decided to comment. I can tell you for a fact MsMcD that UnConfused has been nothing but impartial and balanced. He has tried to reason with you after you have insulted other posters, both black and white. Last year you had another thread where your racism showed blatantly. I decided then that I never wanted to interact with you on this forum, because of your small mindedness,but over time my good nature got the better of me and I gave you the benefit of the doubt. You, apparantly, still refuse to see how racist you are. That is the problem. If you would at least admit that you are a racist, you could then hope to progress in your life journey should you choose to do so at some point.

For the time being, I am forced to return to my original stance about you as a poster and avoid you in any threads as I had been for many months - (your well reasoned reply, I'm sure, will be something like "So what?" ). If other posters would do the same (which I know has slim to no chance of happening), maybe you would see how your opinions on race issues need adjusting.

Obviously, considering the above, you will have the last word between us on this thread now. You have a wonderful opportunity right now to show what kind of person you want us to see in you.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    For the time being, I am forced to return to my original stance about you as a poster and avoid you in any threads as I had been for many months - (your well reasoned reply, I'm sure, will be something like "So what?" ).

You promise!

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    About Martin Luther King y'all didn't like him either that's why he was assassinated.

That is sick.............I hope you aren't teaching this to your kids..............

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Bizzybee, my children read stuff like this all the time, and they listen to the debates about what Imus said. They learned about history in school; and I told them stories about my mother's and father's life, and mine. I guess that's why the twins chose to be Jehovah's Witnesses and the youngest wants to be a lawyer.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Bizzybee, my children read stuff like this all the time,

Do you mean that your children believe that YOU believe that MLK was assassinated because white people, as a group, did not like him?

If so, that is chilling. With all the lives lost on both sides, we have not come so very far after all.

Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan, speaking as a reknowned sociologist, said that human nature would never, ever overcome ethnic and religious differences, and that those two elements always have, and always would, lead to wars. You and others who would believe and teach such asinine premises as the above are proving him right.

And thus, the next generation steps up to the plate and hits a home run - for hate.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan, speaking as a reknowned sociologist, said that human nature would never, ever overcome ethnic and religious differences, and that those two elements always have, and always would, lead to wars. You and others who would believe and teach such asinine premises as the above are proving him right.

That's odd my husband's sociologist taught the same thing. . . There will always be a caste-type system. I don't think that the people of today killed Martin Luther King, Jr. When I hear people saying such and such always plays the race card and that I hate him, it just makes me think of the people that wanted Martin Luther King, Jr dead.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Okay, Ms M ~

I'm tired and ready for bed and not in the mood for chasing around the mulberry bush. Do you want to explain this statement - ?

About Martin Luther King y'all didn't like him either that's why he was assassinated.

It seems to make you part of the problem - it's hate-mongering. It's a blanket accusation. Why did you say it? Who is "y'all?" Jehovah's Witnesses? Whites? People over 40? Under 40? Internet users? You made a statement - clarify it.

With all due respect,

BB

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I'm tired and ready for bed and not in the mood for chasing around the mulberry bush. Do you want to explain this statement - ?

I thought I did explain it. So, if you're wanting more, I can't tell you anymore than what I said.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Liberals turning on liberals, is this a sign of the end of days? I think it is awesome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit