Don Imus Fired!

by minimus 217 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

White people and Civil Rights http://youtube.com/watch?v=QVTVifp7oXU (free speech)

Read These Notes: Back in the 1960's, Berkeley, California was at the center of Much of The Activities That was Taking Place in U.S. From the Civil Rights Movement, To The Vietnam War, To The Counter Culture and Hippie Movement, and Finally, Most Important of All, To The Free Speech Movement.

For Those of Us who were at Berkeley, We Were Part of an Experience That is Undescribable to the New Generation.

When the Historians write The History of the 20th Century, 1960's will Be Considered as a "Pivotal Decade" in the History of U.S. And In This Decade, Berkeley, California was At The Hub of All That Was Happening in U.S.

About Martin Luther King, y'all didn't like him either that's why he was assassinated.

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

Interesting how you went back and buffered the middle of that last post so you wouldn't seem quite so racist.

Too bad you couldn't have had the sense to go ahead and take out the last bit. Your true colors continue to show.

About Martin Luther King, y'all didn't like him either that's why he was assassinated.
  • MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

About Martin Luther King y'all didn't like him either that's why he was assassinated.

You like that better?

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

I have never had a bad thought about the man. I didn't shoot him. I think it's quite sad, really. But somehow in your mind (twisted as it is), I and every other white person wanted him dead. That is why you are a racist. I have never conducted my life in such a way that minorities have been negatively impacted. Somehow though, to people like you, I am whitey that is keeping the black man down.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I have never had a bad thought about the man. I didn't shoot him. I think it's quite sad, really. But somehow in your mind (twisted as it is), I and every other white person wanted him dead. That is why you are a racist. I have never conducted my life in such a way that minorities have been negatively impacted. Somehow though, to people like you, I am whitey that is keeping the black man down.

This is getting good I hate blacks and I hate whites according to you and someone else, so that means I'm not racist. I hate everybody equally !

• heathen
    heathen

I find that insulting as well . I take it that "y'all" is all inclusive of white people? I do not now or ever did condone the action of murder of anybody of any color or ethnicity. true my profile says I live in texas but I'm from the north where they did fight to free slaves and amend the constitution for civil rights . You do sound very bigoted .

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I sound bigoted?

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

It's a shame that ALL people who supported the civil rights movement - and yes, there were white people marching as well, aren't applauded for their participation. Why is that? As Noam Chomskey would say - it isn't the leader who is the soul of any movement, it's the people behind it that give it the greatness it deserves.

I heard a comment on the radio during all this mess about Imus and a caller made an interesting statement - one I hadn't heard or at least paid attention to before. It made me think and that's what debate and opinion are all about. He talked about the Civil War in America and how many hundreds of thousands of men and women lost their lives fighting against slavery. People who did not advocate, never tolerated, nor engaged in the activity - yet who fought for the freedom of that ideology of every man being free and not owned. He asked why we never speak of those (and yes, the majority of them were white) brave soldiers who gave up their lives for the freedom of black people in America?

I still think Imus' comment was offensive but the callers comments to the show as it evolved to racism, was certainly something to think about.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused
    This is getting good I hate blacks and I hate whites according to you and someone else, so that means I'm not racist.

I think you are condemned by your own mind and mouth. But it's a good practice to blame others.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I think you are condemned by your own mind and mouth. But it's a good practice to blame others.

The feeling is mutual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit