I see an attractive individual and I say to that
    person "just think about it because five or ten
    years down the line you may feel differently."

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

Crumples!

You want a tattoo? You go and get one! You're of age and smart enough to know your own mind.

tim

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

I'm 28 (happy birthday to me), and I got my first two tattoos six months ago. I'm finishing up my third tonight and I can't wait to get more.

just think about it because five or ten
    years down the line you may feel differently

Yeah, and in five or ten years you may be wishing you had gotten a few more tattoos. You can play it safe your entire life and still have just as many regrets as living life a little dangerously.

BTW, it took me months to decide on my tattoo designs, no spur of the moment tats on me.

Have a blast Crumpet, grit your teeth and for god's sake hold still. I find that finding a spot to focus on the wall, ceiling, floor or whatever is visible from the contortionist position the artist asks you to stay in, helps with the pain.

• free2think
    free2think

The Wanderer,

I think if crumpet wants to get a tattoo then that's up to her, you have a right to your own opinions but you don't need to sound so patronising. Crumpet is not a teenager and has wanted to get a tattoo for a long time so why shouldn't she. And she has already said it will be on her hip which is hardly an obvious, highly visible place now is it.

You are making yourself sound like an old fuddy-duddy before your time, so come on mate lighten up, life's for living.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I plan on getting one shortly. I have the design idea, I just have to get around to getting it done. There's some good tips on here. Thanks Rich and others.

Good luck Crumpet, be sure to post photos.

Kwin

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Easy ladies I'm not making judgements about anyones character, just cause you or your daughter might have one doesn't mean you're or they are tramps! I just think that there are better places to put a tattoo....that is a place that is over done!! Crumpet has the right idea IMO, but some need to wear half shirts and low risers to draw attention to themselves!!

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Mr C always said he's dump me if I had a tattoo

LOL..my sisters have discreet tattooing...my ex brother in law was the same as your ex. My sister took a vacation with my other sister for a few weeks and since she always wanted a tattoo, she took the opportunity of getting one while she was away. She had 3 doves tattooed on the back of her neck and they're lovely. She had long hair so they were hidden and her husband didn't even see them until about a month after she got back. She put her hair up and he saw them and went ballistic. I happened to be there....her response to him was - "I'm 50 years old and I hardly need someone to tell me what I can and cannot do". End of discussion. They were separated before the year was up and are divorced. She's since gone on to get about 3 more and is quite happy. She said it didn't hurt at all. sammieswife.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    A tattoo for the most part is permanent. Unless,
    you want to spend thousands of dollars to remove
    one.

That part is true Wanderer. My niece went through a rather black period and had her arms and various places all tattooed up. She then went on to university and in order to find a job in her field (archives/library), she needed to look professional. Wearing long sleeves and high necks didn't appeal to her so she had to pay a lot of money to have the more obnoxious ones removed. I think placement does require thought but other than that I think body art can be beautiful. sammieswife.

• brunnhilde
    brunnhilde

I got my first tattoo about the same time I quit going to meetings. I agree, location, location, location - unless you're a cool cat like RichieRich! *grin* Getting a tat was like my declaration of independence, and during the months that followed when I was down or felt buried in dub dogshite, looking at my tat made me smile everytime. Even if I decide I hate it when I'm "sixty-four," I'm sure glad I went ahead and did it!

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear Sammieswife24:

I am glad you posted that experience regarding your niece.
    Because if you want to pursue a profession or have a business
    depending where the tattoo is located, it can really hurt your
    opportunities in life.

I think in order to get a good perspective regarding tattoo's
    is to talk to individuals who have one and hate it.

Ask them what they have to do regarding "hiding" there tattoo's
    and what regrets if any that they have.

Then ask the people who like it and ask them what do they get
    out of having a permanet tattoo.

Just a different perspective on the matter that's all.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit