I am getting a tattoo on Friday!

by Crumpet 92 Replies latest jw friends

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev
    Hey now, I have one! (so does richie I think) "Butt" hat fits me better lol

I know and I love you for it....

Although it was more of a reference of an area that has been over done!! Much like the tribal arm bands.....please no one should get them, I know many artist that won't do them!

You got your tattoo when it was a hot area so you are grandfathered in!!!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Ok, so Crumpet, where's it going? and do you have an idea of the design? or better yet have a picture?

And the whole lining vs. shading hurting more thing...

on a normal tattoo, the line work hurts more because its first. by the time there's shading, your skin is already in shock. When you have larger tattoos that require multiple hour sessions, you'll come to appreciate that shading hurts too.

• free2think
    free2think

That's really cool crumpet. Have you decided on your design yet? Can't wait to see it, hope you post lots of pics. Or better still, if it's in a displayable place, you can show me when we meet up, otherwise a description is fine .

• forsharry
    forsharry

Hey Crumpie!

I'm a BIG fan of tats! I've got 4...each one larger than the last!

It all depends on where you get and what tolerance for pain you've got.

the one on my upper thigh hurt the worst...and i have one covering my upper back (inbetween my shoulder blades), calf of my left leg and upper left arm. My arm and calf hardly hurt at all (very doable pain.) My back hurt pretty bad the first time...i'm now on my last coloring session on it (4 times total) and it's a hurt so good pain after about 15-20 minutes.

does it hurt? yes...but it's doable, and after awhile your endorphins kick in and it's a good kind of pain if that makes sense.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Putting my name on your ass? Very symbolic.

Not quite Xena-pimpstress- honey!

Nor am I having a tramp stamp as Kerj put it - I dont want a tattoo for other people to look at - its for me and as yet I am not such a contortionist I can actually see my lower back all that well.

Richie I plan to have it on my hip - this is quite a sensitive area but extremely well padded! It will be very small for starters but I have ideas to elaborate upon it if I like it. I want a poppy inside a spider web and it should be not much bigger than a fifty pence piece (not sure of American coin equivalent). Only two colours black and white.

I don't plan to drink before or after Buttybabes - I'm going as soon as the shop opens at 11 am. I'm hoping its not going to cost me too much.

So how long should something that small take? I'll explain what it means when I have had it done and have a picture. Also how long for it to heal? Can I get it wet? (I want to swim that day but might be best if I swim first!)

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    P.S. Don't get it on the small of your back...a.k.a tramp stamp!!

My daughter has a tattoo there and she is not a tramp!!!!!!

She just got a dove on her shoulder. She said it hurt alot ...but it healed very fast. I dont really like the artwork of this particular dove, but I do like the tribal art on her lower back.

• forsharry
    forsharry

alt

the tattoo on my thigh. :)

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

a small design that like that on your hip won't be bad at all. There's no way a design like that will take more than half an hour.

One problem you may run into is that the artist might want to do it a bit larger so he can get more detail into the poppy. Stand your ground, but listen. The artists DO know what they're doing.

Go swimming first. For one thing, it'll tire you out a bit, so you'll be calmer for the tattoo. Technically, you should stay out of the pool for 2 weeks afterward. But if you take REALLY good care of it, you can prob. cut that down to a week.

Plan for it to "heal" for 2 weeks. Some people heal in days (Thank god!) others take longer.

• forsharry
    forsharry

it should take less than 20 minutes once the tattooist starts...it actually goes on pretty fast. :) (if you're talking a small one like what you said.)

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

As far as cost, most shops have a minimum. Here, the better shops charge about $150 an hour, and the minimum is half an hour. I'd say find the pound equivalent of 120 $, and plan to pay about half that.

Oh yeah, and you BETTER TIP!!

It's hard to make a living in this industry!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit