I am getting a tattoo on Friday!

by Crumpet 92 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I will post pics Es - soon as it is healed and if it is good enough. I can't wait! I think I always used to want one - I used to etch scriptures and noughts and crosses into my skin with as a small child with anything sharp to distract myself from boredom at meetings.

I just feel bad that I let myself be talked out of doing it when I was 23 because I wanted to please a man. I've realised now that was a big mistake. I don't actually want to go out with the type of man or woman who would dislike a tattoo on another person, so hopefully this should weed those types out quickly. The actual tattoo is very symbolic and relates to my JW past. If I like it then the next one will represent the future. I love using my imagination to do something creative on my body instead of what I have done which has been destructive. It marks a positive step for me, even while it may not be to everyone's understanding or taste.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

The Wanderer:

We see eye to eye on a lot, despite the vast difference in our ages.

Surely, a man of 40 doesn't walk around judging people simply because they have chosen to tattoo themselves. Tell me, does it affect that persons ability to work? to live? to love? I'd say no.

Here's a little tidbit I just heard recently. There are more people getting tattooed and pierced daily than there are babies born. When an act exceeds the rate of infancy, its considered mainstream. So maybe you will be right, and we will all feel like dumbasses, but it will be a large number of dumbasses. Hell, that's how I plan on finding other cool people to hang out with in the nursing home.

And I know these tattoos prob. won't look as good when I'm 80. But I don't really care, because all the kids will more than likely be out getting chameleon skin, or whatever is popular in 2060.

Respectfully,

the RichieRicher.

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

Dear RichieRich:

I am glad you were not offended by my
    posts. They were not meant to offend
    just to make you think.

Thanks again,

The Wanderer

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous
    Anyway when I am 64 I doubt I'll even be able to find my hips!

LOL!

I got my first last year. It's on the inside of my forearm and it felt like my arm was being sliced open with every pass. That said, I love my ink and I'm getting at least two more some time soon. I want to get them fairly close together so I don't have to go too long before I can donate blood again.

BTW - I just turned 30.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

{dup}

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Well crumpet, I just got home from a 5 and a half hour session. And I'm perfectly fine.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Go for a field of poppies and a field of garden spiders, encompassing them.

That way, you could continue the theme.

BA- Botanicals for me.

• forsharry
    forsharry

how's the tat looking rich? :)

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    how's the tat looking rich? :)

We relined everything with a 14 round needle, and then filled in all the sprinkles on my arm. Its all sore and puffy, but it looks good,

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Well,

The thing that made me avoid tatoos in the past was that I thought they were actually entirely bloody useless, as are most bodily adornments. Like the majority of paintings by amateur artists, the attraction is, as the Good Book says, momentary and light. After a while the expression 'Jaysus, but that tattoo makes a good man sleepy and you don't spell 'Jimmy is an existentialist' that way anyway, used to spring to mind. Lets face it, even Vincent's 'Sunflowers' pasted on your chest would get a little much after twenty-five years, though at least they would wilt as your breasts sagged with the passing years and generate a little good-humored sympathy around the pool.

My tattoo had to be different in that it had to be useful, both to myself and others, I am nothing if not philanthropic. I really wanted to save the world with my tattoo but set my sights just a tad lower, after all, I did not want people thinking that I was away with a Grimm Faerie. Pamela Anderson put me in touch with a tatooist in Thailand (the one who gave her Hepatitis) and off I flew - Club Class of course, clutching my anti-biotics, pain killers, and my secret patterns.

Anyway, this is my tattoo, which is on my chest. It fulfilled all my requirements. It was funky, colorful and useful, and a wonderful way to meet people. As I walk around, so many people stop me, turn me around, and prod me right up the Shaftsbury Avenue, or lustfully circle my Kensington High Street. I have even been invited to a Nazi lampshade making club in West Wickham. Remember, as long as Marble Arch is your right nipple, the pattern is actually quite easy to follow.

Give it a try Crumpet.

alt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit