I am getting a tattoo on Friday!

by Crumpet 92 Replies latest jw friends

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Ladies, dont get offended by the "tramp stamp".....(I was offended the first time I heard that term also) but alot of people refer to it as that. We call them butthats here......same diff to me. It doesnt make me a tramp, or my daughter. I let her get one at 16 on her lower back, and I think its very nice.

• forsharry
    forsharry

I found a shop that I would do it at...and I know the guy who would teach me. He's really good and very easy going and a good teacher as well. (I know everyone at the shop - i should...i've spent countless hours there.) It's working for nil...but if I can work the schedule out right with my job, it won't really matter...i have a lot of evening free time (which is the shop's busy time around here - heavy Military area) and the hubby works nights so it would beat sitting on the couch and I could learn another way to express my art. :)

Hopefully it'll work out...if not...c'est la vie, eh?

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

I've been reading for a long time now. I want my first tattoo on the inside of my wrist. I thought I'd ask you.

• forsharry
    forsharry

goddess, I was thinking of getting a Fleur de lis on my wrist (to remember my hometown New Orleans by). I don't think it would hurt too bad, personally considering where else i've gotten ink done. It would be a good spot for a new tattoo.

Richie, that sounds most fabulous...keep us updated with the progress...I'd love to see it when it's done. It should look really good with the pastels, maybe good enough to eat! :)

• Nowman
    Nowman

Oh, how fun Crumpet, your getting a tatoo. Despite what Kerj said, I have a tatoo on the "tramp" part of my back and I love it. I also have one around my belly button. Actually, I had a baby (horrible life started a thread about me having baby) 2/5/07. My belly tatoo is a simple sun outline with some orange outline, it got about 8 inches in diameter while I was prego, within one week, the tatoo shrunk, back to its normal size and it looks the same as when I had it done in the 1st place. I can't wait to get another one.

The one on my belly hurt the most, but its not so bad, I think. Its bareable. Just squeeze something or somebody. I did a shot of tequila before I had it done (your not suppose too though but I m rebellious) and it made me feel relaxed. That was when I had my 26th birthday. I had it done by a Russian woman in Fox River Grove, Ilinois. Then when I was 30, I was in Arizona visiting my mom (former JW/elders wife/regular pioneer) and we both decided to get another tatoo. She got a Getgo(?) on her ankle and I got a butterfly with fire around it (I know, typical) on the "tramp" side of my back!!!!! I love it.

Have fun, post pictures if what you get. Next one for me will be some kind of frog, I love frogs!

Nikki

• The wanderer
    The wanderer

================================================================

Dear Crumpet:

You are an attractive woman, so think very carefully
    what your about to embark on. A tattoo may look
    good when you are young, but when you get older
    your views might change-drastically I might add.

Quite a number of teenagers get tattoo's and they
    may look cute at 17, 18, or 19 years of age.

However, when you hit 30, 35, 40 or older a tattoo
    does not enhance your appearance it takes away from it.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

================================================================

• Warlock
    Warlock

There WILL be pain..................................and a bit of blood, I might add.

Warlock

• forsharry
    forsharry

I got my tats once in my late twenties...and my response to the 'be careful' response is this...

I'm gonna look like crap when I'm 80...why not have colored skin while I do it? :)

Forsharry "Of the I'm gonna be sittin on the porch with purple hair and horned rimmed glasses when I'm 80" class ;)

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

The Wanderer....You need to get out and live a little! You comments lately have made you seem like a stick in the mudd! And, please take no offense, cause I really like you!

Here is a question for you Wanderer...When is the last time you really let loose and had fun...and what did you do?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Okay I don't know if you are just trying to wind me up or if you are naturally like this but anyway I am going to be honest whether you are or not:

You are an attractive woman, so think very carefully
    what your about to embark on.

I find this utterly patronising. What I havent been whacked hard enough with the ugly stick so I must be pretty dumb and incapable of not making this kind of decision all by my liddle self?

A tattoo may look
    good when you are young, but when you get older
    your views might change-drastically I might add.
    Quite a number of teenagers get tattoo's and they
    may look cute at 17, 18, or 19 years of age.
    However, when you hit 30, 35, 40 or older a tattoo
    does not enhance your appearance it takes away from it.

I am 32, not a teenager. I am nearer your age than my teens. I have had quite a number of years to consider it. 9 in fact to be precise from when I decided I wanted one to when I decided to have one.

My tattoo will make no difference whatsoever to my appearance or do you think I have my hips naked and on show 24/7 to the general public? For your information my body is already covered with some pretty hideous scarring and this particular "scar "will be the first pretty one. Hopefully not the last!

And anyway why would I care what anyone else thinks? My post states quite explicitly I want it for me not for anyone else.

Now because you mad me mad I am going to have a much bigger one - because hey I am thick as pigshit and as cautious as a teenager.

(And I'd be much madder if I hadnt just seen Jeremy Paxman doing a trailer for Newsnight on BBC2 at 10.30 with his tie loose and his shirtsleeves rolled up. Thank your lucky stars that Jeremy can soften my sharpest words!!!!!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit