I am getting a tattoo on Friday!

by Crumpet 92 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

It's hard to make a living in this industry!

with all the tattoos i see .....how can that be true?

and at $150 an hour I would say that is pretty good money.

• juni
    juni

My daughter also has a beautiful Celtic ring design on the small of her back. She's no tramp kerj!!

She's a lot Irish so wanted that design.

Juni

Crumpy be sure to post a pic here or you know where. Jas

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    with all the tattoos i see .....how can that be true?

Because I'm INSIDE the industry.

for instance, we're working on my arm for 5 hours tonight. Now, for anybody else that would cost 750 bucks. For me, it'll cost 2 plates of chinese food, and a case of beer. Friendship goes a long way.

And just because people make 150 an hour, doesn't mean they're tattooing 8 hours a day. More than likely, its only 2 or 3. And most shops take 40 to 60% of that fee. Plus, artists are responsible for their own equipment...

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thank you for all the clear advice guys! I love yours forharry!

I'm looking forward to it and i will tip if I am happy with the results! How specific a design should I bring with me given I am designing myself and am not exactly an artist? I can cope with a bit larger if it will translate better onto the skin. I just dont want something too in my face or exposed in day to day life especially if I dont like it.

• forsharry
    forsharry

most of that goes to the shop though...the tattooists only see a percentage of that if any at all depending on the studio. Tips certainly make the job more bearable that's for sure. :)

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

What about the inside of your wrist, Richie? Did that one hurt a lot?

• forsharry
    forsharry

if you've got an idea, bring it with...the tattooist can draw it out, but they love having your own input and imagery...it makes their job easier and makes sure that you get what you want if you have a clear idea of what you're looking for and have some samples.

(I'm looking to get an apprenticeship if my husband's job pans out here...i LOVE tattoos....the one on my back I drew myself...i wish i had a picture of it around here...i'd show ya.)

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I could hardly feel the one on the inside of my wrist.

I'd say the worse was the small of my back, followed by the top of my shoulder to my clavicle, then the inside of my elbow. The higher you go on the back of the calf gets pretty damn sensitive too.

how'd you know about the one on the inside of my wrist?

• forsharry
    forsharry

Richie, I saw your lower arm with the desserts...I have to say that the peeps rocks!

that's gotta be one of the most original tattoo ideas I've seen in a long time. :)

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    I'm looking to get an apprenticeship if my husband's job pans out here...i LOVE tattoos....

Hope you find a nice shop to do it at, and they don't charge your ass off for it.

Even though I had a lot of fun while i was apprenticing to pierce, it did have its bad days.

Richie, I saw your lower arm with the desserts...I have to say that the peeps rocks!

that's gotta be one of the most original tattoo ideas I've seen in a long time. :)

That's what we're working on tonight!! One of the better ink companies (Intenze, check em out) just released a pastel set, and we're using that to cover the majority of the arm. I sent a picture of the outline to a friend of a friend who works for them, and he sent us the inks for free, as long as they can use the piece in their advertising. And then the guy with the ink company sent it to one of his friends, who edits Tattoo magazine, and he wants to publish it when it's done as well! It's nice, because it will the get the artist a good bit of noteriety.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit