I'm Attending the Memorial

by RichieRich 117 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I see nothing wrong with reinforcing the fact that you're not dead to people you spent the first 18 years of your life closely with!!!!!!!

Please take a picture of yourselves all dressed up!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Just for clarification: I am going. I don't really care what gets said or what doesn't. This is for me. Its something I want. I'm not dancing around trying to please anyone anymore. This is for my benefit. (And Erika's too, since she'll see how truly messed up they are)

If you REALLY want to go as yourself..why wear a suit?

I wouldn't say that the REAL Richie isn't a suit wearing type.

I'm still business minded and work in a very professional field, despite my modifications.

I haven't lost my couth.

Plus, I look REALLLLLY good in a suit.

• startingover
    startingover

I see you have made your mind up, here are my 2 cents anyway.

Somehow over the years of reading your posts, I got the impression that you were somehow superhuman, brass balls and all. With your decision, I see a chink in that armor, you are human afterall.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    Sorry to start something so controversial

hmmm

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

startingover - Richie is only 18! He is not superhuman. You seem to have idolised him a little or perhaps pedestalised is a better word.

Richie i dare you to try and keep a straight face when you compare my synopsis to the reality! LOL! You are right - the youngsters and your old friends will get the picture. And you know from what DB said and I said that you are not the only one who has had that fantasy.

Mine was: wearing thigh high leather boots, ripped fish nets over tatooed thighs, tight cut off denim shorts, see through black blouse and a full length leather coat and arriving on the back of a motorbike with some gorgeous zz-top look alike, silent and strong, marching up to the front row as the first talk begins on a Thursday night. It is 100% showing off - I think we share that exhibitionist streak! LOL!

I do feel hurt for your mother though - it will be very painful for her. Maybe you should not try to meet her eye you know. Or if you do smile, give her a smile. It might be the last time she ever sees you and deep down whatever her faith, it will soften the blow (albeit self-inflicted) to know that actually you are happy. Please think about doing that. If you were my son, it would kill me to have to give you up. Remember that she is doing this because she believes it is the only way to save you. In the twisted way they believe its the most loving act they can do.Oh jeez - I'm getting all teary now - get it to gether crumpet - Richie is NOT your son! LOL!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I never was superhuman, and never really wanted to be.

Thanks for considering me a human. It keeps me sane to know that I'm just a plain ole human.

Honestly, I have no clue how I will react when I see my mother. Hopefully, it brings the closure I want. If it doesn't, the Hall does have exit doors.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

"If it doesn't, the Hall does have exit doors. "

As well as bathrooms.

Are you familiar with the maneuver titled "Upper Decker"?

• undercover
    undercover
    This is for me. Its something I want.

Good luck...I hope it brings you what you want and what you need.

It could be the first step into recreating a relationship with your mom, one where she can appreciate you for coming but at the same time respect you for being who you are. Let's hope that it does work out that way.

Any you may be right, it might show your girlfriend how weird it all is. But being the Memorial, most dubs are on their best behavior on that one night, knowing that many DFd, inactive and curious ones will be there. They may just try to love bomb her into seeing that they're not so bad as Richie must be telling her. I've seen some people come out of the hall, after expecting some weird cult practice and say that they were pleasantly surprised and everyone was so nice.

• kid-A
    kid-A

I think its a good idea, especially if it brings some sort of closure. Go for it.

In addition, it will send an important message to the dub kids and teenagers that may be pondering an escape plan: yes, there IS a life after leaving the borg, and no, you did not end up lying face down in a gutter OD'd on heroin, as the Watchtower tells them this is what will happen should they follow a similar course....in fact, you will demonstrate that you are living your life on your own terms, getting an education and involved in a happy and successful romantic relationship.

• ?me?
    ?me?

i am behind you . 110 percent. whats wrong with a little spirituality in your life? RR can do whatever he wants. he is still young, but it ain't gonna kill him. if i wanted to just attend 1 meeting a month for the rest of my life "what's it to you?"

some ex-jw's have reached a level of hate and anger for the WTS or religion in general that they want nothing to do with any of it, but alot of people can find a happy medium. RR posted for a reason, to get oppinions,but i don't think RR has to fit into what some of you want him to do, whatever works for him is cool.

some people leave the org. at the slightest hint of hypocracy, others can pick and choose what they really believe and stay in for a lifetime.

me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit