I'm Attending the Memorial

by RichieRich 117 Replies latest jw friends

• agapa37
    agapa37

And I think that walking into the Kingdom Hall, dressed respectfully in a suit, yet with full piercing jewelry intact, and with Erika wearing something classy that steals the brother's eyes, and draws glares from the humble sisters, will be just the thing to send that message to my mother. I want to show everybody that I'm still kicking.

Richie, you don't need to flaunt your independence to show that your are alive and kicking. The attitude behind what you want to do and your appearnce will be obvious. Instead of getting the desired results you would like, you would be just fortifying the minds of the congregation. The message you would be trying to send will not be seen. Instead people would say, "See! look what happens when one does things their own way."

The best way to show them that you are alive and kicking and don't need Jehovah or Jesus or the channel that is being used by them is to do the RIGHT thing on your own. It only makes sense. Going there looking like Tommy Lee will only serve their means to be determined NOT to leave Jehovah.

Respectfully,

Agape37

• Soledad
    Soledad

Well do let us know how it goes.

I'm with the "don't do it" crowd on this one. But it's your choice and I respect that.

• anewme
    anewme

Funny, when I woke up early this morning and the moon was still shining through the skylight above my bed I thought of Richie and his determination to attend the Memorial tonight.

I thought how much Richie loves his mother and how much she loves him. They are a very close mother/son relationship. I think it will be wonderful that the two of them will see each other and acknowledge each other tonight.

I also think Richie's presence will be the one of the highlights of the meeting tonight! Just think, every year many folks will wonder if Richie Rich will show again this year! It will be an annual event for that Kingdom Hall. Yearly they will actually look forward to seeing Richie and see his tatoos and piercings, looking handsome in his suit. And one day they will actually feel disappointed that he didnt show, and wonder what happened to him. Some will feel sad because his showing up was really the only thing they enjoyed about the ceremony.

I think he will attend every year as long as his mother is alive. It is the only time they get to see one another. I think it is a neat story!!! Richie Rich! Some people will never forget him!!!

• minimus
    minimus

Richie, you always are quite interesting.'ll tell you that! You're intelligent and quite charming. And you sound like an 18 year old kid. Maybe you feel you can get back at a bunch of people that have hurt you or screwed up your life. You follow your instincts for right or wrong. I hope you find this all worthwhile in the very end.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Let the dead bury their dead RR.

~Hill

• agapa37
    agapa37

also think Richie's presence will be the one of the highlights of the meeting tonight! Just think, every year many folks will wonder if Richie Rich will show again this year! It will be an annual event for that Kingdom Hall. Yearly they will actually look forward to seeing Richie and see his tatoos and piercings, looking handsome in his suit. And one day they will actually feel disappointed that he didnt show, and wonder what happened to him. Some will feel sad because his showing up was really the only thing they enjoyed about the ceremony.

I do not know what reality you live in anewme but your words couldn't be farther from the truth. Sure many will be encouraged to see him there but his prresense will NOT be the highlight of the meeting tonight or an annual event as you say. The Highlight is Jesus and what he has done for us (not the sun, moon, or stars!). For those who's highlight is Richies prensence need to re-evaluate why they attend the meetings. As I stated in the last post, MOST will be able to see his motives. Some may say, "Your not Jesus, you can't read hearts!" You don't need to be a reader of hearts to see someone's motive or intentions. Besides, he thoroughly explained his motives on this thread. I know you are trying to get good from this, but you can't! Not with that motive.

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

Great that you've decided to return for the Memorial, Richie!

Just one suggestion --- using your girlfriend to show off your newly found status in the world is neither cool nor classy.

Even the most practiced worldly ones recognize that women were not created to be displayed around like dancing bears. (well, actually, neither were bears! lol)

I think a better venue for your need to prove you're alive and kicking would be your local Easter parade, an event created specifically for the purposes you list. Perhaps you could have someone videotape your appearance and send it to your mother, it might be less disruptive for her.

love to all,
    willow

• Mad
    Mad

RichieRich- perfect! Reflects your faith!

Mad

• sir82
    sir82
    The Highlight is Jesus and what he has done for us

Dude, do you even pay attention to the talk?

The highlight is "Here's why you are unworthy to partake of these emblems". The Memorial talk outline 20+ years ago used to center on Jesus, but every revision, every 4-6 years or so, has increasingly de-emphsized Jesus and concentrated more on the "specialness" of the "little flock" and "how the other sheep can benefit too" (as a rather conciliatory afterthought).

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    I do not know what reality you live in anewme but your words couldn't be farther from the truth. Sure many will be encouraged to see him there but his prresense will NOT be the highlight of the meeting tonight or an annual event as you say. The Highlight is Jesus and what he has done for us (not the sun, moon, or stars!). For those who's highlight is Richies prensence need to re-evaluate why they attend the meetings. As I stated in the last post, MOST will be able to see his motives. Some may say, "Your not Jesus, you can't read hearts!" You don't need to be a reader of hearts to see someone's motive or intentions. Besides, he thoroughly explained his motives on this thread. I know you are trying to get good from this, but you can't! Not with that motive.

Okay this I think is an age thing - its generational which Richie and I discussed earlier. I dont know what planet you are on but seriously everyone under 20 is not thinking about Jesus - they are thinking about anything but Jesus. Honestly they really are. Anything to pass the time. And Richie will liven that meeting up. Yes all the old conservatives wont get the point at all, but trust me the younger ones will be totally curious and their interest will be very piqued. I said all this in my original response to this topic and I stand by guns.

Incidentally - Richie, dont be freaked out about this, but I had a dream about you last night. We were playing piggy in the middle in the hall with a bible and the congregation was the piggy - you were on the platform dodging about and chucking this bible at me whilst I laughed caught it and then hurled it in the air again. It was a happy dream - freaky weird as I have only had one dream about a board member before (little rock guy). Anyway - I hope it goes just fine for you. I may even have to wake up in the middle of the night to see if you posted about it yet.

((((richie and erika))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit