I'm Attending the Memorial

by RichieRich 117 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Gill - do you have life insurance? Are your kids beneficiaries? Don't trust the minxes!

• Gill
    Gill

Oh bugger! I'd never thought of that, Crumpet! The Little Monsters!!!

• claytoncapeletti
    claytoncapeletti

I feel so left out, no elder has stopped by for a special visit and to invite me to the memorial. If it were not for this board I would not have even known about the memorial. I even work with 5 JW's and none of them told me. I guess I am not wanted anymore.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    And I don't really know how to eloquently express in words my purpose for going. I want to make a scene, without making a scene. I want to make people rethink their actions over the past year. And I want to show everybody that I'm still kicking.

Richie you have done a good enough job of explaining why; it is something I have wished to do but cannot bring myself to do it to be honest but good luck to you.

I used to dream of the day when I would (just once) return to the KH in a nice car, expensive but not too showy suit but ooze every bit of affluence, intelligence, and articulacy I can and make the bastards who thought and said I would never amount to anything eat their words and choke on them. I look back nowadays and realise that every little success I have achieved has been my way of saying 'f**k you' to those people. It could be kinda therapeutic but in the converse sense it also could be counter productive in that they are never going to eat their words, their minds are not free enough to rethink their actions and as such they are not open to self criticism in that way at all.

I do wish you luck attending the memorial but alas 2007 is not the year I will be attending.

Gill I think your T shirt idea is great, get one that says 'my friend satan went to hell and all he got me was this lousy f**king tshirt' and subtly underneath www.jehovahs-witness.com

LOL

Gary

• Gill
    Gill

Gary - Furthur to Crumpet's observation on the motives of my kids, BUT are you planning to split my life insurance with them??

Great T shirt idea!!!! I can see my family's expressions now! Ah! Maybe one day!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Gary - Furthur to Crumpet's observation on the motives of my kids, BUT are you planning to split my life insurance with them??

We drew up the contracts weeks ago Gill....get with the program lol

G

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Richie

I hope you find peace in life, and with your family. At least to the level possible.

Just an observation from a long time [40 years] Jw? You will be talked about, but not in any positive light. The most frequently used word will be 'worldly', maybe even 'demonic'. I do not see how this will aid anyone, unless it somehow does aid you. These people will consider that you have fulfilled precisely what they believe happens when one leaves Jehovah - your mother will likely be embarrassed and hurt that you showed up looking so 'disrespectful to Jehovah'.

How any of that fits into what you wish to bring home to these people, I don't know. Shock therapy will not do much good - as they will only be further convinced that they have God's blessing and you are now firmly on the Devil's side.

This is not said to convince you one way or the other - just an observation from afar. No criticism intended.

Wish you well

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I feel so left out, no elder has stopped by for a special visit and to invite me to the memorial. If it were not for this board I would not have even known about the memorial. I even work with 5 JW's and none of them told me. I guess I am not wanted anymore.

Mary invited me - she gave me a beautiful flyer. Jeff

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I did the same thing two years after I left, I was with my now wife who was my then fiancee, I was in a suit with my hair down to the middle of my back, and my wife was wearing a little short skirt and a total boob shirt stealing everyone's attention. The elder's were uneasy but for the most part I was completely love bombed by my old friends (all of which are now disfellowshipped). A word of warning though, after not being in a while, GOD IS IT BORING!!!

• streets76
    streets76

Don't go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit