I'm Attending the Memorial

by RichieRich 117 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

My lovely girlfriend and I sat down over a homecooked meal, and discussed the pros and cons of attending the memorial.

I decided, with her support, that we would attend.

I spent years of my life pretending to be a Witness to please my mother. When I left the Witnesses, my mother said some hurtful things.

And those things really hurt me... for a while. But I established myself as my own person, developed my own relationships, and have gotten a good start on my own life.

I don't know that I want to hurt my mother back, but I do want to make it abundantly clear to her, my grandmother, and all the members of my former congregation, that RichieRich is alive and kicking.

And I think that walking into the Kingdom Hall, dressed respectfully in a suit, yet with full piercing jewelry intact, and with Erika wearing something classy that steals the brother's eyes, and draws glares from the humble sisters, will be just the thing to send that message to my mother.

I don't plan on partaking or making a disturbance. I think my presence will make things uneasy enough.

And I don't really know how to eloquently express in words my purpose for going. I want to make a scene, without making a scene. I want to make people rethink their actions over the past year. And I want to show everybody that I'm still kicking.

I don't know why I felt compelled to post this here, I guess I'm just looking for some support, or ideas, or something.

My mind is all jumbled up here recently.

• blondie
    blondie

RR, it is nice that your gf is going with you so you have someone to talk to. I wonder if they will talk to her but ignore you?

Can you take a picture of you two and post it here?

Blondie

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Richie, you are one of the classiest people I know.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

How about audio, from the moment you walk into the hall? Love to hear what they say, and ya'll remarks. You can skip the talk.......unless you really want to keep it .......

shell

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Blondie- I have no clue how we will be treated. I think that as long as she's standing at my side, she won't be treated too well.

Abandoned, Thank you.

CrazyBlonde- I don't think anything will be said to us... but I would love to hear what other people are saying...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Richie,

We've never talked before; your comment on your 'mind being all jumbled up here' spurred me to respond. I feel the same. To go or not to go. I want to be with my family, from whom I seem to be drifting further all the time. But on principle I know now that I will end up not going.
    Emotion has been a guiding factor most of my life, but less so now. Logic and reason seem to be taking over, at long last. I do not enjoy the mental and emotional chaos peculiar to this time of year - the Memorial was the highlight of my "theocratic" life. The reality of the WT ceremony angers and sickens me.
    I hope that for whatever reason you and your lovely attend, it will work to the benefit of yourself and those observing you. There is more than one way to make a statement. Each of us does so in his own way.
    I was moved and saddened by your earlier thread on "Mom." It struck a responsive chord for me.

Gratefully,

CoCo

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Go for it Rich. So long as you know your reasons and know yourself. I'm not going myself. I just attenede my fathers public talk for suppor. Now I'm good for the next 20 years.

I like the idea you keepeing your identity with the peircings but if your gonna go that far, why not have some wine and bread, while your at it. LOL!!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Would your going make people say, "See, he still believes." That's the only thing that would hold me back if I was in your situation, but whatever you have to do to make your statement ... go for it!

Kwin

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Sorry Richie but I think it's a dumb idea. It will give your Mother false hope and make you look wishy-washy besides I think your real reason for going is just to show off your new life, new girl and thumb your nose at everyone. Not very classy IMHO. The best revenge is to live your life well and you can do that so much better without rubbing salt in the wound.

But heck it's your life do as you wish. I just wish you well you're such a cute kid.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Richie..Skip the crackers and wine..We both know,they won`t share..LOL!!..Your crazy dude,keep on Rock`n...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit