I'm Attending the Memorial

by RichieRich 117 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Anewme..Richie has a pierceing through his nose..I`ve only seen a few this way,it`s all good.People should enjoy thier lives..The point is they know him and he just isn`t going to look the same..Nor is he the same person..Although,he is more himself now..Very Scary for a Dub..A person who thinks for themselves..BOO!!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I appreciate everyone's input, both the positive and the negative, but I'm still going.

Still wearing a suit, still not starting any trouble.

Do you really want to expose her to the nasty reception you will recieve?

Actually, yes. It won't be that bad for her, since she knows its coming. But sometimes I don't think she completely believes me when I tell her how crazy things were. And this should confirm that.

Do your tatoos show when wearing a suit Richie?

No. They don't. But my earlobes are an inch in diameter, and the holes in my cartilage are about 3/8ths of an inch. And my septum (middle of nose) is pierced, and i do plan to wear jewelry in it, even though I usually conceal it at work. I'm thinking that if I've got it, I should flaunt it.

• Panda
    Panda

RR, I'm a lot like you and I want to actually see and gauge what people think of my being alive. Like you just having 8 holes in my ears w/bling was enough to send me to the dark side in my old friends minds.

My problem would be the absolute boredom. If you go you'll have to stay for the duration. If you manage that, if you drink lots of coffee beforehand, then enjoy.

• penny2
    penny2

Richie, I can understand why you want to go. Hope your mum comes over to speak to you and gives you a hug (sounds unlikely but stranger things have happened).

• bernadette
    bernadette

richie I've changed my mind about going myself. The reason - I bumped into a dub. She told me the meeting was buzzing with excitement last tuesday - 50 members of the congregation are auxillary pioneering during april. It brougt back to me all the frenetic over doingness of JW's and have decided I can't take it just yet. May be next year

But stick with your plan, not trying discourage you.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Bernadette - knowing your circumstances I think its a much bigger deal you not going than going. It must be very hard for you.

Anewme - great comments!

But sometimes I don't think she completely believes me when I tell her how crazy things were. And this should confirm that.

Richie - I know what you mean - when I try to explain to people they don't seem to get it. They don't actually believe if I stoof next to my mother she would not speak to me and the same with my Dad and sisters. They think I am making it up - that no real mother or father would do that in a western civilised country simply because I refused to follow their religion. Its beyond comprehension and has to be seen to believed.

kerj2leev - come on I was not the only one who spent meetings thinking about sex - surely????

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Still wearing a suit, still not starting any trouble.

GOOD FOR YOU! RICHIE ROCKS!!!!

I feel this shows an incredible amount of class and self-control. I feel that going there, with your best girl, both suitably (no pun intended :o) dressed and behaving respectably----is THE best thing for you right now in your stage of recovery! It does MY heart good too, just to think about this whole thing playing out, and for various reasons.

Some folks your age would be a lot more agressive and "in-your-face", and wear what they KNOW would not be "inappropriate and unacceptable" attire to the biggest JW event of the year. I can only give you credit for wanting to make a statement in a quiet and respectful way, with your beautiful lady by your side!

Granted, the shock value on your Mom and anyone else will be a given, but it is secondary. Maybe its time there WERE shocked.

Knowing teens as I do (having raised six of them) I think that 98% of the pre-teens and younger teens will be looking at you with awe and admiration and giving THEM a peek a what freedom is really like outside the WTS limits and chains.

THESE are the ones who's hearts and minds will remember "good ole Richie that everyone liked so much" and what has become of him since he left. You may be getting LOTS of calls from these same young ones when they hit 18! (The ones that are just hanging in there to do what their JW parents expect of them until then.) I think the impact AND the message will be made very "clear and understandable" courtesy of The Ministry School Guidbook!

The elders WILL be eyeballing you like the fox in the henhouse, BUT---they are forced to grin and bear it because of the "most sacred night aspect. They will be inwardly frothing at the mouth and be very anxious for your visit to be over.

I am looking forward to hearing about the "latest" in your adventures!

Love & hugs,

Annie

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Hi there Richie. How have you been.

Im not going!

I look forward to you posting your memorial experience.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

How do you guys like my outfit?

alt

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

kinda revealing don't you think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit