I'm Attending the Memorial

by RichieRich 117 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's the right message to send them to make them realise that when one leaves the dubs it's possible to have a life that's more rewarding and fulfilling than under their oppressive system in their loveless society. They will be thinking "so what, armageddon is coming soon and everything will end there for them". They don't see that this they are being told for 100 years as a soon to be reality and it never came to be.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Richie,

You are one of those 'larger than life' people that I wish I could be.

If I had have had your balls when I was your age, my life would have been far better than the one I let myself drift into.

I think you should go with your plan.

I'm chuffed to hear your have a lovely girlfriend. Give her a hug for me. Erika has found a lovely man.

Have a nice bottle of red, some homemade bread, and candles, waiting at home for afters.

I won't be going. I won't even get an invite from my wife. She is too afraid that I might say something to someone that might rattle a few brain cells into life. Let's face it. That is the only reason why I would go

Cheers

Chris

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

The last time I went to the memorial I had the "pleasure" of hearing a very loving sisters comenting on all the "sub-marine" JW's. She said they disapear only to reappear once a year at the memorial. She went on to say "Who do they think they are fooling, do they really think they will be saved at armageddon for attending once a year?" So I went home and thought about this and decided I would never again attend the memorial.

But you gotta do what you gotta do. Will be thinking of you and your GF on the 2nd April.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    It gives the JW's the guaranteed thought that there is hope, you are having doubts, your life outside JW's is going poorly, you are ready to come back etc etc.

Vinny, with respect, its all to do with the manner and attitude in which Richie does it. He is not being disrespectful, as is shown by dressing appropriately for a religious occassion but he is retaining his new identity, in fact dislaying by keeping his piercings on show. And of course if he goes in smiling and holding hands with the damn fine woman then he will be showing that there is hope - for the young ones - you can escape and you can be tremendously happy even though your mother disowns you.

Its a big big gesture. Its as much for himself as for anyone elses benefit. And I have to say I cannot think of a more attention stealing performance. NO BODY in that hall is going to be thinking about Jesus.

The young brothers will be thinking - I wonder what its like being laid; and then I wonder what its like being laid by her.

The young sisters will be thinking - oh goodness how shocking. i wonder what its like being laid. I wonder what its like beng laid by him.

Sister - never married cause she is busy pioneering will be thinking - I wonder what its like being laid. I wonder what its like being laid by him/her.

Brother giving the memorial talk will be giving wild eyebrow gestures to the attendants and hapless elders to get him out whilst they shrug and wonder....yep you get the picture.

I feel tempted to go myself - only no one down here would have the foggiest who I am so it would be pointless.

• bernadette
    bernadette

crumpet

I feel tempted to go myself - only no one down here would have the foggiest who I am so it would be pointless.

rolflmao

• Gill
    Gill

I sort of understand 'why' you're going, Richie!

Personally, I would never go to a memorial. Jehovah's Witnesses LOOK DOWN on those who attend the memorial ONLY as people who 'know it's the Troof but can't live up to the Watchtower Standards'. They think that people who have left and yet attend the plate and cup passing ceremony are just the ones hammering on the door of the ark, but are not good enough to get in!

I choose not to be part of their foolish superstitious plate passing parade and let them be daft on their own. I would never want to help push their silly memorial attendance figures up and feel that they can keep their white plastic garden chairs that da brudders lubbingly provide for the memorial and shove 'em where the sun don't shine!

And that is all I have to say on that!!!

Good luck to you and your lady love if you choose to go!

My kids have decided to tell their Grandmother, if she asks them again that they would have loved to go, but it's Satan's birthday on april 2nd this year, so they'll be sacrificing a pig by the full moon light and then dancing round the fire light all night! Don't think she'll ask them next year if they do that!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

My kids have decided to tell their Grandmother, if she asks them again that they would have loved to go, but it's Satan's birthday on april 2nd this year, so they'll be sacrificing a pig by the full moon light and then dancing round the fire light all night! Don't think she'll ask them next year if they do that!

ROFLMAO Gill - you are one mutha....LOL

• Gill
    Gill

Crumpet! That's not what my Mum calls me! She says I'm a friend of Satan and enemy of Jehovah! She may well have a point there!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I just thought of such a cool bumper sticker for you Gill:

Satan Loves You

• Gill
    Gill

Crumpet! Don't! I'm laughing so much as I can see the expression on my mum and dad's faces!!!

The kids are always threatening to get me a '666' T shirt! They've never got over their grandmother shouting at me that I was a 'friend of Satan!' They still tease me with it now! I say, 'No you can't play computer games at the moment!' They turn round and say, in their grandmother's accent, 'You friend of Satan, You!!'

They want me to wear a '666' T shirt if we get invited to a family barbecue this year! I said NO as the JWs might get all superstitious on me and throw me on the flames! One needs some sense of self preservation!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit