I'm Attending the Memorial

by RichieRich 117 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

T-minus 4 hours.

Still going.

for the record, I have been thoroughly reexamining my motives, and I've figured it all out:

I'm going for sealing. Not for healing. This is about letting everyone know where i stand. I'm looking my mother in the eye, and I'm going to relish in that bewildered look she'll have on her face. its been a year. Remember that the memorial last year was my last meeting. They more than likely have all but forgotten about me. But right then, on this most holy of nights, when everyone is thinking about Jesus (gag me with a spoon), ole Richie is going to rear his head again. And I don't care how they feel, cause its going to make me happy. I appreciate those of you who support me in this decision, or at least realize its my decision to make.

Just one suggestion --- using your girlfriend to show off your newly found status in the world is neither cool nor classy

I totally get what you're saying here. She's beautiful, feminine, and dainty, but she ins't my trophy to show off. I get that. Unfortunately, I can't walk in with a t shirt that says "I'm in an awesome relationship with someone who loves me and appreciates me for I am, and for who I am not." So unless I can find a shirt that says that in the next 3.5 hours, then her presence is just going to have say that.

Well, I'm off to try and remember how to iron!

• Cellist
    Cellist

I'm wishing you the best, Richie.

Cellist

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Look forward to your update, sweetie.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I for one think going in with a fine babe on your arm looking clean as the board of health is the perfect way to let everyone know how well you are doing. The best revenge is living well...but you have to make sure they know you are living well.

look forward to hearing how it went.

• Highlander
    Highlander
    Okay this I think is an age thing - its generational which Richie and I discussed earlier. I dont know what planet you are on but seriously everyone under 20 is not thinking about Jesus -they are thinking about anything but Jesus. Honestly they really are. Anything to pass the time. And Richie will liven that meeting up. Yes all the old conservatives wont get the point at all, but trust me the younger ones will be totally curious and their interest will be very piqued. I said all this in my original response to this topic and I stand by guns.

Everyone of the younger generation is thinking about spilling the wine, or dropping the bread and how funny it would be. At least that's what I thought about every year I attended.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

So how did it go Richie? Was it painful? Was it what you hoped? How did you girlfriend take it? Did you see you mum? Would she meet your eye? Did anyone meet your eye? Disapprovingly or encouragingly?

Highlander - I have to agree spilling the wine was definitely in my top 5 points at the memorial. I don't think they let you handle the goods when you are dfed - I think I went once as a dfed person and the wine skipped me and moved to the two year old a seat away. Other top thought was will anyone drink tonight - I LONGED to be in a congregation where someone was annointed just so I could watch.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Just posted the thread Crumpet. Definitely worth the read.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Link to new thread, for those who are still following this one:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/132019/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit