Tell us a weird fact about yourself

by ninja 120 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

Moshe we might have known each other what did you fly? I only flew a reconnaissance plane on the eastern front.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I have never learned to swim, although I had lessons several times as a kid.

I am terrified of the bats that come at dusk out here in the country.

I hate ketchup on anything.

I have a serious passion for raspberry-filled jelly doughnuts but can't FIND THEM ANYWHERE around here!

I LOVE Dunkin Donuts hot chocolate.

Parsnips and broccoli are my favorite vegetables.

I can't find or can't figure out where to find Rye flour for making home-made Rye bread. Nobody sells it or can't tell me where to order it OR find it.

I am an avid Red Sox fan.

I am a sucker for Reality TV---Big Brother, The Amazing Race, Survivor, etc.

My favorite flower is the Purple Hyacinth.

I am crazy about cats and have two that never go outside.

We have a huge rabbit that comes up onto our back porch and will take food out of our hands, and has been here every day for most of the winter!

My dream home would be all glassed in, with a surrounding deck, and directly situated on a beach at the ocean. As long as I'm dreaming...it might as well be on a TROPICAL beach!

hugs,

Annie

• minimus
    minimus

In real life, I seldom question anyone. My poster name is not anything like me. If you ever met me, you wouldn't easily forget me.

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Sunspot:

I can't find or can't figure out where to find Rye flour for making home-made Rye bread. Nobody sells it or can't tell me where to order it OR find it.

I just did a quick google search and you can in fact buy 'organic rye flour' by hodgson mills for $2.65 cents a 1.9 lb bag at amazon.com (it's in stock even!)

And DH: No more watching 'HEROES' for you!

Shelli

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W
    I once turned down a "threesome".

I've turned down a threesome too! [...more than one, but usually you know the proposals are at least somewhat joking, not expecting 'real' results....]

Without going into detail, I was desperate to enlist helping hands to conduct my recent move, and IN my desperation, asked two of the guys I had met out dancing to help me(buddies of each other--young guys, 22 and 23). They seemed nice enough. They were kind enough to do so...and then...at the end of it all, one of them turns to me and casually says, "So should we go to the bedroom?"

For a moment I thought it was deadpan humor--but then realized he was SERIOUS, and both he and his buddy were awaiting a real answer...!! I said, " Nooooooooo.....!!" and laughed it off, without showing too much of my alarm...he was polite about backing off, but still tried weakly after that.

His buddy burst out in a big grin and said, "Not everybody is SICK, Tom!!" Turns out they both belonged in steps programs for alcohol and/ or narcotics...were not staying 'with' the program...and, evidently, needed to add sex addiction to their list of programs to be working on....

Boy, the trouble a single, white female can find herself in when she has no family near, no physical strength of her own, and no money to pay someone else....!!! [I did manage to find enough other helping hands to get the thing accomplished, though, and some are even helping out still with set-up at the new place, so it's all good.]

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

I see letters and numbers in color.

And I love it!

Leolaia--------- I've read about this. It has to do with the way the brain processes information. They've demonstrated this rare effect by doing brain SPECT imaging studies (shows blood flow/ brain activity in specific regions of the brain during specified activities).

Some people's brain circuitry will simultaneously activate regions of the brain normally only involved in the visual processing of 'color' (extending activity to the color-sensing cones in the eyes, or even to the olfactory senses--smell) along with the regions of the brain involved in reading/ hearing/ processing words like 'kitty', e.g.--or, as you said, seeing letters or numbers.

Historically, these people have been dismissed as loonies or crackpots or simply joking...but there really IS a physiological basis for this phenomenon. I have a friend who has said the same thing to me, but I didn't yet know about this and so didn't take her seriously at the time. Now I'd be interested to learn more about it. [psych major--fascinated in all things human!]

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    I just did a quick google search and you can in fact buy 'organic rye flour' by hodgson mills for $2.65 cents a 1.9 lb bag at amazon.com (it's in stock even!)

Hey...thanks BetweenWorlds! How cool is that! I just mention my "flour" problem..and whoop! There's an answer! That was sweet f you to look it up for me! I have no idea what hubby looked up for me last week....but he came up with ZIP when he did a search! We were also talking about other flours but didn't really get too far into the discussion. I thought the Rye would be the easiest to find but it turned out not to be the case !

Can you TELL I'm getting BORED with winter---looking for things to bake? I baked an apple pie from scratch yesterday! We had snow again today.....but almost all of the six-feet of snow we had last month is gone.

I wonder how the rabbit found the porch with all that snow! But he sure enjoyed those apple peelings last night!

FYI--I turned down a threesome invitation too, many years ago! (Old people weren't ALWAYS OLD ya know!)

I was offered a job dancing at/on a Bar (under blacklight) in Springfield MA just before I was "contacted" by the JWs at the door (1969).....we'll never know how THAT would have worked out...heehee!

Thanks again, BetweenWorlds....you're a sweetie!

hugs,

Annie

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Hey Sunspot,

Glad I could help I know how frustrating it is to find a certain kind of flour in the supermarket! When we were visiting my inlaws, my mother in law wanted to make some bread that required Graham flour! We searched the supermarkets high and low and couldn't find it yummmmmy apple pie! I love it. I made a chocolate pie a few weeks ago...only lasted one night.

I miss the snow! I'm originally from central NY but I've been living in North Carolina for about 10 years. I'm a northern girl at heart and I'm homesick!! The bluebirds are starting to nest in my backyard birdhouses tho...so that's pretty cool!

Shelli

• Mary
    Mary

I see dead people.

• HAL9000
    HAL9000

I have worked as a professional alchemist (literally) - converting one element into another. But alas, never lead into gold......

h9k

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit