Did the heavenly calling cease in 1935? Not anymore!

by AnnOMaly 288 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

As far as the FDS doctrine. They could just say that it's the Governing Body. They could say through the centuries it's not been always known who is on the Governing Body and at certain eras (Russell, Rutherford and Knorr) certain members of the GB were more prominent. (I know this is a stretch of the historical facts but I think they could sell this to the rank and file.)

If they did this they could get rid of the 1919 appointment. With a bit more tweaking they could even erase the distinctions between the "anointed" and the "great crowd," eventually permitting non-anointed to be on the GB. Then the GB would perpetuate itself just as the Mormons do with their 12 apostles.

If they did all this (shocking as it would be but I think they could sell it) they could later revise some of the 1914 doctrine with less of an impact. If I were them I'd wait until the dust settled over a re-interpretation of the Faithful and Discreet Slave doctrine.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Did the heavenly calling cease in 1935?

No it did not. Any calling or decision is up to GOD and NOT some group of men.....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The GB is down to 10, many are ancient. I think they are stupid enough to start
    putting "other sheep" in there at the same time they destroy the "loftiness" of
    being anointed- and possibly stop counting the partakers at the Memorial.

ALL IN ONE YEAR, this way, people can get over it like ripping a bandaid off.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Here's what else is up for grabs since they opened up the seal on the Rutherford teachings from 1931 through 1935. The seal is broken on the name change, the great crowd of 1935 who would never die, the whole two class idea, and the whole Governing Body agency claim.

The biggest thing is the Governing Body is GONE! They have to be. Quote: "However, genuine anointed Christians do not demand special attention." The Governing Body demands special attention.

Next sentence: "They do not belive that their being of the anointed gives them special "insights" beyond what even some experienced members of the great crowd may have."The Governing Body believes that their being of the anointed gives them special "insights" beyond what even some experienced members of the great crowd may have.

Here's more: The term "faithful discreet slave class" is not mentioned once in the article. The term other sheep is back without quotes. The term great crowd is not in quotes again after the first line of the third paragraph where it says "In 1935 the "great crowd" of Revelation 7: 9-15 was understood . . ."

The last paragraph is a kicker. It says "All Christians, whether anointed or of the other sheep, work hard . . . under the direction of the Governing Body."

WOW!

• restrangled
    restrangled

I have to add one more thing.

After reading the New Testament which my mother asked me to do out of the JW's bible, I read a scripture that said:

There is either Light or Darkness. This kind of shocked me.

It didn't say there was an in between light or a glowing or growing brighter. It firmley stated it was either/or.

Does anyone remember this scripture? It makes a lot more sense than the light growing brighter concept.

(sorry in advance if I am hijacking a thread)...but thought it might apply here.

r.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

It's amusing how their doctrine requires them to encourage behaviour that can be indicative of mental illness (such as schizophrenia and other conditions): believing that they have a 'special' relationship with God, and at the same time, they take away their glory by telling them they're still inferior to elders of the 'great crowd'.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Does anyone know what WT publication had taught that the 12 hours of the "Parable of the Pounds" represented 12 years from 1919-1931? I'd like to read that explanation.

Edited to add: Oops! I didn't read the article closely enough. I see it's from a 1933 WT. Now to read it.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Here's the change . . . I think:

The Watchtower 1966 October 15 p. 629
    Rejoicing over "God's Sons of Liberty" Spiritual Feast

Among the more thought-provoking talks at the 1966 "God's Sons of Liberty" District Assemblies was the speech "Making Grateful Use of a Penny." (Matt. 20:1 - 16) The assembled crowds learned that in the first century the symbolic "penny" was the privilege that went with the receiving of the holy spirit, namely, the privilege of being a member of spiritual Israel, authorized to prophesy in fulfillment of Joel 2:28, 29, anointed to preach the good news of God's Messianic kingdom. The "penny" today is likewise the honor of serving as anointed ambassadors of God's newborn Messianic kingdom from 1919 on till the coming "battle of the great day of God the Almighty" at Armageddon. The "penny" has been used in gathering the "great crowd" of sheeplike persons foretold in Revelation 7:9 -17. What a reward this has already been to the anointed Kingdom ambassadors!

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

OK...I scanned the November 15, 1933 WT and the follow-up article in the December 1, 1933 WT. Apparently Rutherford felt that the name "Jehovah's Witnesses" adopted in 1931 was the "penny" or "denarius" paid in the 12th hour (12 years after 1919.)

So, were there any clear statements in WT literature that said the call ended in 1931? I didn't see that in the 1933 Watchtowers. (Maybe I missed it?)

Didn't some JWs baptized in 1932-1934 view themselves as "anointed"? If so, where does this 1931 cut-off date come in? I'm confused.

• notasheep
    notasheep

The JW's time based teachings are beginning to unravel,so they are constantly receiving "new light". What a load of nonsense! I guess its hard to let go of 951 million dollars a year.How long will loyal members buy this stuff?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit