Did the heavenly calling cease in 1935? Not anymore!

by AnnOMaly 288 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

this crap stinks 144,000 ways straight to heaven. can any one vomit from this ceese pool. i think i'm get the shingles from reading this

• ringo5
    ringo5

I can't help but think of this article....

*** g70 4/22 p. 8 Changes That Disturb People ***
    Changes That Disturb People
    THE churches are in rapid decline. Even in the United States, where religion still enjoys perhaps the greatest popularity, nearly three out of four persons polled said that it is losing influence. Why is there this decline in religion?
    One of the reasons is that people are disturbed by what is happening in their churches. Yes, millions of persons have been shocked to learn that things they were taught as being vital for salvation are now considered by their church to be wrong. Have you, too, felt discouragement, or even despair, because of what is happening in your church? A businessman in Medellín, Colombia, expressed the effect the changes have had on many.
    “Tell me,” he asked, “how can I have confidence in anything? How can I believe in the Bible, in God, or have faith? Just ten years ago we Catholics had the absolute truth, we put all our faith in this. Now the pope and our priests are telling us this is not the way to believe any more, but we are to believe ‘new things.’ How do I know the ‘new things’ will be the truth in five years?”
    What are some of these changes that disturb people?
  • GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

They print a picture of Russell and talk about 1931 and 1935 but they do not point out that the first date given for the end of "the high calling" was 1881.

"It was also reasoned that the end of God’s special favor to natural Israel down to 36 C.E. might point to 1881 as the time when the special opportunity to become part of spiritual Israel would close." (Proclaimers-Book, p. 632)

Matt. 25 and the parallelism of the Jewish and Gospel ages, seem to teach that the wise of the virgins "who are alive and remain" must all come in, to a knowledge of the bridegroom's presence, by the fall of 1881, when the door--opportunity to become a member of the bride--will close." (ZWT, R180)
  • GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

And how about that one from the Watchtower Jan15th, 2000, p. 13:

SixConvincingLinesofEvidence

[...]

Sixth,thenumberofgenuineanointeddisciplesofChristisdwindling,thoughsomewillevidentlystillbeonearthwhenthegreattribulationbegins. Most of the remnant are quite elderly, and over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller. Yet, referring to the great tribulation, Jesus stated: "Unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short." (Matthew 24:21, 22) Evidently, then, some of Christ’s "chosen ones" will still be on earth when the great tribulation begins.
  • yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

How utterly baseless and contradictory is the assertion in the first paragraph that from the 1880's anointed Christians began to become very active, but that only from 1919 have they been 'harvest[ed]'.

Any JW that is tired of having their intelligence insulted with this kind of nonsense must surely start to wonder, "If they dumped the 'generation' teaching and they are now dumping the 1935 teaching, chances are pretty high that they will eventually dump the 1919 teaching also, and then its only a matter of time until they dump the 1914 teaching too?".

And didn't they state in a very recent Watchtower study article that it appears that the resurrection of the anointed to heaven may have ceased in 1935, and/or from 1935 the resurrected anointed appear to have been imparting spiritual truths to the organisation??? If so, this 'new light' must surely contradict that recent claim!

With each passing year the Watchtower Society's absurd patchwork of creeds and speculations revolving around the 1914-1919 chronology is becoming ever more more frayed and tatty. Their chronological fictions are starting to fall apart at the seams, little by little. The more they have to 'adjust' these dusty old teachings the more the ones they still cling to lose credibility, and the more doubts are sown about them.

This comment by another poster really hits the nail on the head: "The JW's time based teachings are beginning to unravel, so they are constantly receiving "new light". What a load of nonsense!"

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

'Questions From Readers' in the May 1st 2007 Watchtower :

“On the other hand, some Christians baptized after 1935 have had witness borne to them that they have the heavenly hope. (Romans 8: 16,17) Thus it appears that we cannot set a specific date for when the calling of Christians to the heavenly hope ends.”

Contrast with this:

January 1st 2007 Watchtower, page 28:

“What, then, can we deduce from the fact that one of the 24 elders identifies the great crowd to John? It seems that resurrected ones of the 24-elders group may be involved in the communicating of divine truths today. Why is that important? Because the correct identity of the great crowd was revealed to God’s anointed servants on earth in 1935. It one of the 24 elders was used to convey that important truth, he would have had to be resurrected to heaven by 1935 at the latest. That would indicate that the first resurrection began sometime between 1914 and 1935. Can we be more precise?”

Aside from the shocking circular reasoning in the second quote, just how much credence does this speculation that the 24 elders ‘would have had to be resurrected…by 1935 at the latest’ now have in view of the ‘new light’ that ‘the calling of Christians to the heavenly hope’ evidently did not end in 1935. Honestly.

• frogit
    frogit

Yes this is big news for us who don’t go to the meeting anymore! I’ll explain why I say this I have not gone to any meetings of JWs for years now, but when I meet my JW friends, the only thing that they say is why don’t you come back to “THE MEETINGS”, they never mention any doctrine at all, just come back to “THE MEETINGS”.

I don‘t think the R&F JW really give a toss about Bible understanding, teachings, doctrines, or any other Truth, just go along to the meetings, be a mindless’s JW who attends meetings, that’s what it is all about, nothing more, just a Religious’ Organization that Meets, oh and by the way it’s a cult, a cult of meetings, keeping you busy all the time, do more do more do more.

This Big Change will go over the heads of “The Meeting goers” completely.

frogit

• penny2
    penny2
    This Big Change will go over the heads of “The Meeting goers” completely.

I agree. I had a discussion with JW relatives recently about 1935 and they couldn't remember what JWs teach about 1935, let alone follow my reasoning. So now they'll think it's food at the proper time.

• greendawn
    greendawn

This is a very informative thread, I liked the quotes Garry made they show so clearly that the GB consider all anointed to be under their authority and subordinate to them, something we have been observing for years.

This is where an intelligent JW should begin to question the issue, why do the GB members want to subordinate to themselves what they "believe" to be the remanents of the church on earth today? Who gives them such authority? The answer is simple they get that authority from the USA corporate law which sets them up as an authority over the WTS multinational corporation which they so deceptively present as God's own organisation.

Most assuredly it is not on the basis of spiritual merit that they hold those positions as there are no doubt other "anointed" members, -more humble, enlightened and spiritual- much better fitted for this purpose. Let's hope that the dubs will realise at long last that they are serving the WTS corporation and its human CEOs (chief executive officers) and not God's own organisation as they are repeatedly being told.

This presentation of a humanly empowered organisation (corporate law) as being God empowered is the central deception in the WTS scheme of things that's how they get the dubs to labour for them for nothing a very smart move given the vast number of the working hours they get for free.

Now it's hard to get smarter than that, to get millions of people to put in hundreds of millions of hours of work without demanding any pay for it. It's the capitalist's dream come true. The GB or whoever is behind them may be grossly incompetent in doctrinal matters but they are geniuses in business matters and in the manipulation of the naive masses.

• frogit
    frogit

Yes the GB are masterful business planners and manipulators of people. I remember the 80s when the Organisation was brought to the fore, Organisation this, Organisation that, Organisation to meet, Organisation to preach, Organisation to collect money, Organisation to control, blah blah blah blah….You can’t be controlled if you are not at the meetings now can you? …. As I say it’s a religion of Meetings, that’s it!

Trouble is millions, including my family and friends, are still enslaved to this Organisation (Meeting Religion).

The 144k are just another number like dates 1884 1914 1935 1922 1975 1931 1929 /divide them all by the pyramids and what do you get = crap * crap = crap so keep your meeting attendance brothers.

frogit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit