Did the heavenly calling cease in 1935? Not anymore!

by AnnOMaly 288 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

Oh well as long as there is an FDS that gives out commands and an assine body of R&F that obey there will always be an exploitative WTS. They should have known it long time ago that the GB are grossy incompetent when it comes to interpreting the Bible. They never get anything right.

• garybuss
    garybuss

This isn't "the" change. This is a problem caused by the change. They almost always fix the predictable problems before they make the changes. A big problem with credibility that's been coming at them is the predictions related to the Jonadabs identified in 1935. The reason that prediction has been allowed to stretch out is they haven't been encumbered by the word "generation" and they' don't have to meet the definition test.

My dad was born in 1921 and baptized in 1935. When those baptized in 1935 die, that prophecy fails. That's needed a fix. I believe now it's coming. They always amaze me with the cunning of their changes. I hope I'm not disappointed this time.

I think one good guess is, the number is going to change. The 144,000 number is going in the dumpster. That number has always been their problem with the heaven bound group. Without it they open up a great crowd in heaven for those who want to go to heaven, and a great crowd, not numbered, for earth for those who want to live on earth and pet lions. Anointed stays the same, just no number.

That's my prophecy. What else? I'm thinking . . . .

Edited to add:

Oh, they're gonna quit counting (or at least reporting) memorial meeting partakers.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Sometimes it's fun watching them dance.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well I think this is huge

• blondie
    blondie

*** w00 1/15 p. 13 par. 18 "Keep on the Watch" ***

Sixth, the number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is dwindling, though some will evidently still be on earth when the great tribulation begins. Most of the remnant are quite elderly, and over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller. Yet, referring to the great tribulation, Jesus stated: "Unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved; but on account of the chosen ones those days will be cut short." (Matthew 24:21, 22) Evidently, then, some of Christ’s "chosen ones" will still be on earth when the great tribulation begins.

Looks like they are also pushing out the date of the great tribulation which they say here has to come before the last "anointed" dies. The younger the anointed the later in the future the GT can be.

• anewme
    anewme

Maybe something is eating the anointed ones up in Heaven????
    Anybody think of that?

• uninformed
    uninformed

Sorry I can't add an intelligent comment to this wonderful and informative thread, but I must say at least this----

What a bunch of stinking jerk assholes. Loyalty only to themselves.

Brant

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I think Elsewhere's comment is right on. If the "anointed" are nothing special, then what about the current interpretation that they collectively provide "spiritual food"? (Of course, we know that really doesn't happen because none of the "anointed" really do that.)

Perhaps we are witnessing the beginning of a re-interpretation of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" doctrine? If so, then that would make any changes about 1914 (and the appointment of the FDS in 1919) less problematic for JWs.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Wow, I was almost prophetic a couple of days ago, too...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/130544/2317740/post.ashx#2317740

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Well, as the publications will show, none of this is "new light" but THEY ARE UP TO SOMETHING.

I can imagine we'll get more from the new improved Memorial Outline. Perhaps even more this summer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit