Did the heavenly calling cease in 1935? Not anymore!

by AnnOMaly 288 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

I call that the "1984" effect where the old history is destroyed and the new is inserted. JWs rarely read what is current let alone what was past. The funniest thing I ever saw was a new elder (JW less than 10 years) studying the Creator book and an 80-year-brother referred to the 7,000 creative day which had not been mentioned in the WT pubs for 13 years. Of course, the new elder had not idea where this old brother had found this wild idea...

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I somehow missed this and am flagging it to read at home.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Yeah you really want to check the begining out bluesaphire. As far as witlesses not knowing about this WT. That just goes to show how well the chariot is leading them. Life saving messages being distributed months after we 'apostates' have read disected and forgot about it.

• Arthur
    Arthur

What amazes me about the statements made in this QFR article is that they very casually downplay the concept of the Faithful and Discreet Slave Class consisting of all annointed Christians. How could such significant statements be tucked away in a QFR?

Of course, we all know that the Faithful Slave "Class" was a myth anyway. But for them to make these kinds of statements (elevating the authority of the GB above the rest of the annointed) so openly and casually is quite amazing to me. The Watchtower teaching was that the GB was representative of the Slave Class. Now, they seem to be stating very openly that the GB is the de facto Slave Class.

Nonetheless, like a magician making a hankerchief disappear with a wave of the hand; "new light" is the magic trick which can make any inconvenient facts disappear.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I asked my mom yesterday if anyone has commented about 1935 yet. She said no one has gotten their WT. yet.

This confims my suspicion that all the congregations were instructed not to hand out May 1 WTs until after the memorial! I have May 15, and May Awake, but not this one. I asked an elder what happened to the May 1. He said something very telling: "I haven't gotten mine yet. That doesn't mean that they haven't come in yet, I just haven't gotten mine."

They totally planned for this. They totally wanted no one to read theirs until after the memorial, so as to not cause a premature bump in the partakers.

Edit: I know min's comment was from a week ago...but still I think no one was supposed to get theirs before anyone else.

• zack
    zack

My wife picked up out allotment of mags the Sunday meeting before the Memorial: she only got the April 15th issue of the WT.

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

Just thought I'd chime in that,for this year at least and still, the "144,000" is still to be regarded as a literal number. That it is a literal # was mentioned during the talk at the memorial.

• badboy
    badboy

MUST BE A VERY INTERESTING TOPIC;13,700 VIEWERSCAN'T POSSIBLY BE ALL WRONG.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Back to the top

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

Wow this thread is still going at 14,193 views

Here is a scan of the May1st 2007QFR article that shows the actual doctrine changes (courtesy of cultswatter)

http://www.filesend.net/download.php?f=67f4c69daca0105ade4e351d59aaba28

I find it very amusing that the dubs still had not got their mags until after the memorial and much later than JWD apostates

The first post of this thread was on Mar 10,2007 so this shows that the WTS must have instructed the elders to not release the May1st mag. There must be a BOE letter somewhere about this!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit