Did the heavenly calling cease in 1935? Not anymore!

by AnnOMaly 288 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

Will the average jw even notice this?

• blondie
    blondie

The average JW doesn't even read the study articles until they are read at the meeting let alone read the Question From Readers article. But when the 1914 generation change came out, some older JWs that actual read the rags, oops, mags, noticed that change.

Blondie

• journey-on
    journey-on

It's their typical CYA policy under the guise of "the light getting brighter and brighter." This is second only to the "carrot in front of the horse" tactic.

• Legolas
  • GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

The number of partakers will increase even stronger and they will end up changing the literal figure "144,000" to a literal one.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I think we will look back on this as very significant. An increase in anointed may break down authoritarian control somehow.

I am not sure exactly how, but someone.

Slim

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Here is how they "CYA". They are expert at using "LOOPHOLE WORDS". I picked out the following loophole words from what has been mentioned on this forum in reference to 1931 - 1935, 1966 and the may QFR article.

An adjusted understanding.

Apparently

About

Evidently

Indicated

Indication

It became clear

It seems

It was believed

It was understood

Seemed to be confirmed

The thought was

Thus it appears

The evidence

Virtually

Without a doubt.

Can you add any other loophole cya words.

Now, all these loophole words are used to explain that the door to the heavenly calling is still open. How can we seriously believe anything the Watchtower says when they themselves are unsure themselves as the very words they use to explain things demonstrates this.

Blueblades

• jeanV
    jeanV

Nice to see you posting Ann.

It looks like everything that at one time was sure is now not so certain anymore... the revelation book already needs a new update

• restrangled
    restrangled

So many of the rank and file are in the robotic, no brain needed mode. Also how many members are there that were actually around 40/50/60 years ago?

I think most are going to think, (if they are thinking at all), ....Oh, I must have been mistaken, I didn't realize they changed that in 1966.

There are so many that don't have a clue about 1975. Going back 10 years earlier makes the odds even greater that very few will even blink an eye.

r.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Shocking they would print a picture of CT Russell, when they should be doing everything in their power to erase any memory of that kook.

Another point, they seem to freely admit that Jehoobie is so incompetent that he actually sometimes calls "the wrong people"???? Who then "fall away" unrepently?

I mean, WTF? The omnipotent, supreme intelligence of the universe doesn't have the brains to select the appropriate "fish" for his heavenly aquarium?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit