Did the heavenly calling cease in 1935? Not anymore!

by AnnOMaly 288 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

IS THIS CONNECTED WITH DROPPING THE 1914 DOCTRINE BECAUSE IT ALMOST A HUNDRED YEARS SINCE.

I don't know about dropping 1914, but the decrease of the anointed has usually been associated with the nearness of the end.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Well, I can post some wild speculation. I think this is going to cause the number to jump, now that there's no stigma attached to declaring yourself anointed.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

LOL, SirNose. I'll be looking forward to the figures coming out in 2008 with bated breath!

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder if the number of partakers will go up again?

I still don't see what the specific point was about 1935 not being the cutoff date just that the parable at Matthew 20:6-8 could not be used to support that conclusion.

Where was the holy spirit and Fred Franz in 1966? Why did Fred say:

*** w99 2/1 p. 19 Our Treasure in Earthen Vessels ***

No More Additions!"

At a Gilead graduation in 1970, Frederick Franz, then vice-president of the Watch Tower Society, told the students of the possibility that they, who were all of the other sheep with earthly hopes, might baptize someone who might claim to be of the anointed remnant. Could this happen? Well, he explained that John the Baptist was of the other sheep, and he baptized Jesus and some of the apostles. Then he went on to ask whether there still was a call for gathering in more of the remnant. "No, no more additions!" he said. "That call ended way back there in 1931-35! There are no more additions. Who, then, are the few newly associated ones who are partaking of the Memorial emblems? If they are of the remnant, they are replacements! They are, not additions to the ranks of the anointed, but replacements for those who may have fallen away."

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

According to page 31, annointed people are "nothing special". Since annointed people are in effect the "faithful and discrete slave", I guess the "faithful and discrete slave" are "nothing special" either.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

For those whose eyes are straining:

How should a person be viewed who has determined in his heart that he is now anointed and begins to partake of the emblems at the Memorial? He should not be judged. The matter is between him and Jehovah (Romans 14:12) However, genuine anointed Christians do not demand special attention. They do not believe that their being of the anointed gives them special "insights," beyond what even some experienced members of the great crowd may have. They do not believe that they necessarily have more holy spirit than their companions of the other sheep have; nor do they expect special treatment or claim that their partaking of the emblems places them above the appointed elders in the congregation. They humbly remember that some anointed men in the first century did not qualify to serve as elders or ministerial servants. (1 Timothy 3:1-10, 12, 13; Titus 1:5-9; James 3:1) Some anointed Christians were even spiritually weak. (1 Thessalonians 5:14) And sisters, althought anointed, did not teach in the congregation.- 1 Timothy 2:11, 12

Hence, anointed Christians along with their other sheep companions strive to stay spiritually strong, cultivating the fruitage of the spirit and working for the peace of the congregation. All Christians, whether anointed or of the other sheep, work hard at preaching the good news and making disciples under the direction of the Governing Body. Anointed Christians are content to do this for as long as it is God's will that they remain on earth as Jehovah's servants.

WOW, this is not as big (to me) as "This Generation" but it's big. I may go back to my first speculation-
    They will crack down on the numbers. They could now say, "While nobody is judging you, you can be
    considered 'spiritually weak.'" They can allow that label to be removed only when the person acknowledges
    that the Governing Body knows best, and they might not be anointed.

JWD, don't let this shocker get swept under the rug.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Just to throw in a little emotion (my daughter is still a mental captive).

These brainwashing bastards make me sick. We were taught that living certain things, believing things taught, meant the difference of life and death. They start running out of time, start looking silly, they just change doctrins.

They can't even be totally honest and mention that 1935 replaced 1931 decades ago.

Bryan

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    According to page 31, annointed people are "nothing special". Since annointed people are in effect the "faithful and discrete slave", I guess the "faithful and discrete slave" are "nothing special" either.

And therein lies the truth. By this New Light TM , the admission is made that each annointed person never was the FDS class anyway. Any argument that the r&f have that FDS means every annointed person has now been debunked by the WTS itself.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Wow.

I would not be surprised if that article pushed some wavering souls into partaking at the memorial.

Who else thinks we might see a larger than normal increase in anointed this year, and in future years?

But then they might print another article quick sharp giving some reason why more should not partake.

Remember when many thought the change in the generation teaching undermined 1914? They published a QFR shortly after that 'clarifying' that the view of 1914 had not changed at all!

Slim

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    anointed people are "nothing special"

Only getting appointed to the Governing Body makes you "special."

ANNOUNCEMENT- While the average anointed receive no special "insight" this is not
    true of the GB. Jehovah controls the two-thirds vote just as he controlled the Urim and the Thummim

That is why, we are pleased to announce that we are no longer
    counting the anointed, and are starting to put the most qualified
    other sheep in the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit