Who on the forum would you like to meet face to face?

by avidbiblereader 93 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

I would like to meet ......oh so many.... but reflecting on the question at hand, I would have to say;

Farkel, Gumby, James Thomas, and Unclebruce.

Finally! Someone loves me! I was getting to the bottom of the last page and didn't see my name one time till Talley came along.

See what happens when ya go and get re-instated......people start hatin ya all over again.

*Mary's vote didn't count cuz I paid her to mention me

Gumby

• Clam
    Clam

Gumby you'd deffo be on my list, along with Uncle Bruce (in fact all the Aussies and Kiwis), Compound Complex, Narkissos, Terry (he's a frikkin hero), Willyloman, Auld Soul, Buttlight, Black Swan, Drew Sagan, Sparkplug, Warlock, Crumpet, Nicolaou, Abaddon, +, Hubert, Outlaw, Mulan - no stop there! I don't normally subscribe to these types of threads as people that get left out must feel a bit sad. I also remember people by their avatar and often can't remember their name.

I like 99% of the "board people" and would love to meet them all.

• juni
    juni

Oh quit yer whinin' Gumbro! I hadn't posted here cause I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings if I left them out.

There are so many. And Gumby you know you are one of them.

Love to all,

Juni PS Uhhhhhhh......irreverent? you've never met Blondie??

• gumby
    gumby

Thanks Clam.....if you were where I could reach ya.....i'd sqeeze yer butt.

Juni, I just knew if I whinned a little i'd get mentioned. My problem is that I've ruined so many nutsacs in my polishing buisness that i'm afraid i'd get beat up by all the angry guys who can't grow hair down there anymore and can't hide their burn marks I gave them all. Poor bastards.

I'd like to say I've met hundreds of people from JWD in Dallas and in Washington and there wasn't any I didn't like......cept for maybe just one, but she was drunk and a bit insane anyways. Ex dubs are great people.

Gumby

• Mary
    Mary
    Gumby said: Mary's vote didn't count cuz I paid her to mention me

Yeah......that invitation you gave me to the Memorial this year really paid off.

• undercover
    undercover

I don't usually post on these type threads but the question is intriquing.

There's no way to list everyone who I would find interesting to meet in person...but I will list a select few, mainly because they posted on my very first thread/post when I was trying to come to grips with dealing with the newfound truth about the "truth".

These people took the effort and time to welcome me and let me know that I wasn't alone and because of their gracious welcome and support, it made it possible for me to get past the scariness of posting on an "apostate" board and associating with what the Society would call "evil" people. They showed me that "apostates" aren't the angry, bitter, evil, Satan worshipping ingrates that they would have us believe.

Thank you hillary_step, jst2laws, cruzenheart, mulan, mouthy, Farkel, Big Tex and minimus plus the many, many more that have become a part of my recovery from the cult of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    I don't normally subscribe to these types of threads as people that get left out must feel a bit sad. I also remember people by their avatar and often can't remember their name.

I think this is a great point. One that has been echoed through this thread.

I know when I first thought of the question, I thought yes I know I would love to meet just about everyone!!!

However, that being said, I do know that there are some that I talk to or email back and forth with out side of JWD. These ones are people I have not met in real time, but I have gotten to know pretty well and so it would be great to be able to hug a few of these people someday. And the thing is, there are people that I did miss!!!

So if you didn't see your name on my "list", don't fret. I think of many of you often and wonder how you are doing!!!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I just met AK-Jeff, recently. That was my first meet.

I would like to meet Blondie, Undercover, Amazing, Mary- long time posters with some history.
    I would like to meet Purplesofa- I think she has a fiery soul.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I remember two more that I have met Great folks .Blondie, Irreverant, I think I have met deputy Dog-& elderwho( not sure about that ....

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I'd like to say I've met hundreds of people from JWD in Dallas and in Washington and there wasn't any I didn't like......cept for maybe just one, but she was drunk and a bit insane anyways. Ex dubs are great people.

Gumby

I'm sorry about that time Gumby - give me another chance?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit