Does Knowing the Truth Make you a Happier person?

by gumby 152 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Does knowing the truth make you a happier person?

Knowing the "TRUTH" makes the whole situation a bit more complicated!!

• Save My Soul
    Save My Soul

I sincerely feel not many people believe EVERYTHING their church teaches. It is OK. Only as a witness, you are forced to or be DF as an apostate.

• notasheep
    notasheep

Are you kidding? The "Truth" never made me happy. The only feelings I remember from being a JW are guilt and regret . What an enormous waste of my life.

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

I was raised in the truth. The first glimmer of happiness I ever experienced was shortly after I was df'd and it has only gotten better as time has gone on. It did hurt to have all but my older non-witless brother shun me, but as time has passed I have just put them out of my mind. I went from being suicidal and severely depressed to NO medication, no more visits to therapists & psychiatrists. I enjoy life and I have replaced my flesh & blood family with some truly wonderful friends who have given me more support and love than I ever received in the Borg or from my siblings. There is a happy life after the Borg!

• gumby
    gumby
    Tell me gumby, and others, what's it FEEL like holding hands with those whose are stained with the blood of innocent life that have died due to the policies you CHOSE/ CHOOSE to re-connect with and endorse as "dedicated members"?

I suppose it feels about the same as skally buying and driving a car made by a car company that kills people every year by making unsafe cars.

I don't hold hands with the policy makers of the society skally. I don't even sell their magazines or books or support them in any other way. Rather, I lie to them so that I can break into their jail and steal back my family and friends.

How much more precious is YOUR family compared to your fellow brothers family gumby, and others [LURKERS IN PARTICULAR]? Or that of the unsuspecting potential "householder with children" that very well will take the "golden carrot of everlasting life"? DO YOU CARE ABOUT THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES BROTHER?

If you knew my circumstances skally, you would know that I plan to offer nobody anything from the WTBTS.

How in the HELL could you condon this organizations death records of young life due to the mangled blood policy by re-ALIGNING YOUR-SELF with Them, again?

Condone? So far skally, I've been able to open doors to be able to talk to witnesses that I could have never have talked to before.....especially my family. My chances are good skally that I will be able to reach many more than you ever will by taking your staunch stance and showing all of them who the boss is. How exactly do YOU intend on getting others out other than make some posts here on JWD and hoping that some will read your input? I hope some will skally, and perhaps they have just as I hope many will also read my posts and do the same.

I must say, you TYPE of people infuriate me to no end.

Gee, I hadn't noticed

Who knows skally, maybe someday my whole family will come out as a result of me coming back in........and many others.

Gumby

• Mary
    Mary
    sf said: How much more pathetic can you be? Just as long as YOU, YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY are intact, death, hatred, corruption and deception TO THE OTHERS and POTENTIAL OTHERS will not cause YOU to lose any sleep, then have at it BROTHER. Tell me gumby, and others, what's it FEEL like holding hands with those whose are stained with the blood of innocent life that have died due to the policies you CHOSE/ CHOOSE to re-connect with and endorse as "dedicated members"?

sf, where the HELL do you get off on judging Gumby for what he felt he had to do? You haven't a frigging clue what he's gone through. Like many others, having no family nearly drove him to the brink of suicide. Perhaps it doesn't affect everyone this way, but guess what----it did him. I didn't agree with him going back, but it wasn't my decision to make and as a friend, I support him just the same. I would much rather see him get reinstated than commit suicide.

I am reaching a breaking point here with this type of selfish insanity. How much more precious is YOUR family compared to your fellow brothers family gumby, and others [LURKERS IN PARTICULAR]?

sf, you're right. I think you are reaching the breaking point here. Of course his family is "more precious" to him than anyone else, including his "fellow brothers" on his board. What kind of a bonehead comment is that?!

How in the HELL could you condon this organizations death records of young life due to the mangled blood policy by re-ALIGNING YOUR-SELF with Them, again?

He doesn't condone the Borg's death records or anything else they due. He hates them, and he hates going to the meetings. He did it because he himself was "at the breaking point" and felt it was either give this a try, or do himself in. Would you prefer to see someone commit suicide? You don't know what's going to happen with his family.

I must say, you TYPE of people infuriate me to no end. Yes, it's MY infuriation to deal with.

Ya, maybe you should go talk to Dr. Phil about your "infuration" at someone who was so depressed, they considered taking their own life and show him the pathetic post you did to someone who was already down. What a wonderful example you are of Witness mentality: It's either my way or the highway. No one was more upset than I was when he first told me what he was going to try. I wouldn't do it myself, but that's not my place to judge him and he knows he can count on me as a friend to support him in this. Most people who have responded on here might not consider going down the same path, but their support to him has helped him enormously. Get your head out of your ass and quit passing judgement on someone you don't even know.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I rest MY case. How much more pathetic can you be? Just as long as YOU, YOURSELF AND YOUR FAMILY are intact, death, hared, corruption and deception TO THE OTHERS and POTENTIAL OTHERS will not cause YOU to lose any sleep, then have at it BROTHER.

Tell me gumby, and others, what's it FEEL like holding hands with those whose are stained with the blood of innocent life that have died due to the policies you CHOSE/ CHOOSE to re-connect with and endorse as "dedicated members"?

TELL ME!

I am reaching a breaking point here with this type of selfish insanity. How much more precious is YOUR family compared to your fellow brothers family gumby, and others [LURKERS IN PARTICULAR]? Or that of the unsuspecting potential "householder with children" that very well will take the "golden carrot of everlasting life"? DO YOU CARE ABOUT THEM AND THEIR FAMILIES BROTHER?

I must say, you TYPE of people infuriate me to no end. Yes, it's MY infuriation to deal with. And guess what?

I intend on doing just that.

SHOPPING TIP: BLEACH IS A GREAT BARGAIN AT YOUR LOCAL 99CENT STORES! I'm sure there's plenty for you all to stock up on. [ Although, I hear tell that you can't really ever get rid of bloodstains COMPLETELY. But it hasn't stopped any of you so far.]

I see that black & white thinking and rabid judgementalism are alive and well outside of the watchtower cult.

W

• mouthy
    mouthy

I agree with everything Mary said >>>>>>>>"Put that in your pipe a smoke it "

• sf
    sf

I appreciate most of the comments to MY OPINIONS AND MY ISSUES. Some of them I skimmed. Tex, with due respect, even you still don't get it. I'm afraid it appears that only a few seriously DO.

Thank you for voicing them though.

The very ones that keep the Watchtower running, by attending their meetings, assemblies, endorsing the lethal policies by preaching them as truth, signing no-blood cards for their helpless children, READING THE LITERATURE, or anything else that keeps the wheels greased and lubed...are ALLOWING this organization to continue on its DEADLY COURSE.

It is becoming clear that the media doesn't want to hear from the "disgruntled ex jw" and/ or "apostates". They want ACTIVE MEMBERS that KNOW how deadly it is TO SPEAK OUT. Do you get it?! YOU ARE THE ONES THAT CAN STOP IT FROM CONTINUING. By speaking out about all that you haVE LEARNED AND DISCOVERED. Is this brain surgery? I don't think so people.

Grace, dear, my pipe is clean. Thank you though. Yiou are still Amazing. Don't ever change darlin'.

Incidently gumby, JWD provides me with info, documents, resources, etc. If you think I just sit and READ them and do nothing else with, you are mistaken. How about we share door to door territory one of these weekends, brother? You up for it? I'll show you my bookbag. Yours is most likely filled with terroristic pamphlets and litterature. Mine? Mine is stocked with JESUS CANO'S MUG and conviction, Kerry's blood eassay, silentlambs support, news articles of CHILD ABUSE IN [YOUR] organization, that you WENT BACK TO.. How many childrens books do you offer the unsuspecting householder?

What do you say, next weekend? My old hall or yours, brother Gumby? You can WITNESS my GOOD NEWS brother!

sKally

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Tex, with due respect, even you still don't get it. I'm afraid it appears that only a few seriously DO.

Ah sKally, I love ya dearly, but reading your post now I feel the same way about you. I will say that you are far more valuable than I am.

Let's say we settle this over a bottle or two and call it all good, eh?

Be well my friend

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit