Does Knowing the Truth Make you a Happier person?

by gumby 152 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

At the end of the movie Vanilla Sky, Tom Cruise's character is given a choice between an eternal lucid dream where everything is as he wants it for his eternal happiness

or he can wake up from the dream and live a real life. His choice? " I don't want to dream anymore. I want to live a real life."

The JW carrot was a dream, a fantasy. I am MUCH happier living a real life. I still have my faith, though. Religion and faith are not the same.

I'm happy to know the truth about the truth and grateful to you all who came before me and spoke up. Thank you Gumby, et al.

As for the future----- let's just say I feel lucky!

Zack---

Zack - great analogy. I share your feelings.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The matrix movies were along a similar theme. There are always those who prefer living fantasies to realities. Maybe fantasies aren't totally wrong. Maybe they serve as supports until there has been enough growth for advancement to another stage.

S

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    And your re-instatement does not impress me.

Has it ever ocurred to you that people may not give a fiddlers fuck about 'impressing" someone as positively rabid as you? It's your type of rabid behaviour that lends weight to the watchtower derogatory statements about apostates. I shudder to think of how many lurkers have scurried back to mother watchtower, hoping and praying they never become like you.

Gumby, you don't have to explain yourself to every wacko that comes out of the woodwork. I wish you all the best.

W

• Golf
    Golf

Howdy Gumby. For me, I'm content. I've always believed in a Creator, when it comes to putting faith in people, forget it! I do not push my belief of a Creator on others, I consider it a personal matter.

View and review the book of Eccl. Is everything really vanity?

Golf

• SilverNyte
    SilverNyte

Happiness begins with you and ends with you.

If you decide that 'knowing' makes you happy, so be it.

You're the boss.

It's your world, my friend!

Silver

• sf
    sf

"out of the woodwork"?

I've been here six years now FF:

6 y
    Birthday!

Since 16-Mar-01 07:49

Aren't ya gonna congratulate me!? LOL!!!

sKally

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Yes and no.

I am happy that I'm away from the controlling organization but it's also frustrating to know the truth and being powerless to do anything about it. My wife and family are still in so it's a constant reminder of exactly how much of a hold it has on people.

So personally I am happy to know the truth, knowing the truth hasn't brought me happiness

...yet.

• sf
    sf

Mary,

This "Jesus" character you speak of, does not impress me either. From what I hear, he/ was is but a 'mere man'.

And just look what 'mere men' have gotten us all into, over the centuries.

Incidently, this isn't about just gumby. There are too many gumbies. As long as these gumbies stay connected, in ANY WAY, shape or form, to the WTBTS, they are killing kids. My mind does not see it any other way. It never will.

Have a great weekend!

sKally

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I am a LOT happier.

I am a prodestant Christian so I get to have a purpose in life and a God who is always by my side. My relationship with God is much stronger now than it ever was while I was in.

My life is fulfilling and joyful. I am glad to know that JWs are wrong but I never want to loose my faith.

• Mary
    Mary
    Mary, This "Jesus" character you speak of, does not impress me either. From what I hear, he/ was is but a 'mere man'. And just look what 'mere men' have gotten us all into, over the centuries.

I agree that he was a man, but it wasn't Jesus' teachings that have caused so much misery over the centuries, it's been man's various, whacked out, fundamental interpretations that has been the main problem.

Incidently, this isn't about just gumby. There are too many gumbies. As long as these gumbies stay connected, in ANY WAY, shape or form, to the WTBTS, they are killing kids. My mind does not see it any other way. It never will.

The Witness kids are dying regardless of how many do what gumby did. The blood doctrine is not dependent so much on membership numbers, but on bad exposure in the Press.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit