Does Knowing the Truth Make you a Happier person?

by gumby 152 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I am much happier knowing the truth.

A lot of people like to play the 'ignorance is bliss' card, and I can understand why. But the problem doesn't really lay in suddenly not having all the answers. The real problem was believing you had all the answers in the first place.

It's upsetting when a house of cards falls down. But they're just cards.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

This is very much about independent thinking - not group-think, which is what we are trying to get away from. Apostates are not an organized force - thank God - and will not ever organize to create the anti-WTS. That is not how it is going to happen.

I do not feel an individual responsibility to recruit JWs to my (apostate) way of thinking, though I am happy when new ones see the 'truth.' This is not going to be a 'siege' war or a war of aggression. It wouldn't be effective. Emotionally, there has been at least a thousand times in the past 30 years when I wanted to effect the equivalent of taking up a machine gun and forcing awareness of the evil and manipulative intent of the WTS. But I know rationally that it is not going to happen that way. It will be a slow, subtle yet relentless 'water upon stone' wearing away of the deeply held beliefs of JWs, one at a time, along with the WTS shooting themselves in the foot. I feel no 'blood guilt' upon my hands for not trying to force it to happen faster. Whether you work from within or without - it doesn't matter because certain ones can only be reached in certain ways and timing really is everything.

For those who operate in that seige mentally 24/7 - give it a rest. You're only burning out your own precious energy with one foot on the gas and one foot on the brake and it is not going to change anything. Dig in for the long haul - might be 30-40 years - some of us may not ever see it. But the WTS will go DOWN - no question. I sleep well knowing and believing that truth.

• SilverNyte
  • Mary
    Mary
    I'm referring to active "dedicated {contracted} jws" gumby, like yourself and countless others who frequent this forum. The "apostates", "disfellowshipped", "inactive", "opposers", "disassociated", etc. should not be the ones fighting so hard for truth and justice.

So you personally know what each and every person on this forum is doing eh? Wow, aren't you clever and all-knowing.... Like Big Tex said, the majority of Witnesses will not believe anything bad about the Organization, despite how many "expose" the truth about their screwed up policies. That's the way cults work. Your narrow-minded views and dogmatic thinking as to what YOU think people should be doing, is absolutely no different than the way the Governing Body thinks. You're judging everyone by your own personal yardstick and by god if they don't measure up, then they must be wrong.

You and those that have all these excuses not to, are getting real tiring gumby. It's becoming very aggravating as well. It would be so simple to gathers yourselves as one and blow the lid off the deadly policies.

This is a ridiculous comment to make sKally, because the WTS's deadly policies have been exposed-----both on TV and the newspapers. The Canadian newspapers up here did a fantastic job of exposing the ridiculous no-blood policy with the death of the sextuplets out in British Columbia. I had a ton of people at work ask me about it and I told them exactly what the policy was, where they get it from, what would happen if a Witness did accept a transfusion and the repercussions. They were shocked and disgusted as they should be. However, when I spoke to my Dub sister and father about it, their attitude was, of course, totally different. They viewed it as "persecution by Satan", end of story. And that's the way alot of Witnesses will continue to view it although it has definitely made some Witnesses stop and think. It's national exposure in the media that will eventually force change, not picketing or distributing flyers in the neighbourhood. So don't sit there and try and make anyone else feel as though they are personally responsible for the deadly policies the Organization has-----I don't recall seeing YOU on 20/20 or Dateline or The Fifth Estate sKally.

Perhaps instead of attacking someone who was at the end of his tether with your tirade as to what YOU think he should be doing, perhaps you should try showing a bit of compassion and understanding.....but that doesn't seem to be in your nature. What a shame.

• Odrade
    Odrade

sKally, you're an ass. It was someone like you who kept me in the organization for 11 years longer than I had to be. Rabid, frothing, anti-ex-jw who was so vehemently dramatic about WT killers that it made utterly no sense to listen to the nonsense. It was someone like gumby who got me out. A marginal (nominal) JW who spoke quietly enough so that his words slipped under the wall of indoctrination and made me THINK.

So... the next time you start throwing around the "killer" and "murderer" labels, you might want to pin a few of those on yourself, because I'm certain that there is someone, somewhere, who heard you talking with the spittle flying out of your mouth with every furious stabbing word, and was immediately proofed for years against "listening to the word of apostates."

Gumby, to answer your question, I am a MUCH happier person. The only real regrets I have are that I didn't find out the truth sooner, (maybe I would have if it weren't for encountering my own "sKally,") and that my Dad and brother haven't yet been able to see what I see. Perhaps by remaining with only the title "inactive" I may still have success with awakening their thinking. That would make me very happy. It's an opportunity I wouldn't have if I stood on my roof with a bullhorn, screaming epithets and obscenities.

• yumbby
    yumbby

I went through a period of being lost and terrified that I no longer had "the answers". But I kept searching and slowly built my own belief system that feels so much truer, and real than reading doctrine ever did. Just talk to alot of people, read, research and never stop asking questions and you will find your path.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    Since I have got re-instated I've been able to open doors that I could not open before to witnesses regarding their beliefs and I intend to keep on doing it until they kick my ass out again.

Your ass may be out the door a lot sooner than you expect. All those smiles and back-slapping when they announced your re-instatement were just a facade. The "boys" are gonna be watching you closely, as well as their "stoolies". Loose lips sink ships, so if you say something a little off kilter to the wrong dub(s) you'll be back in the hot seat again. And don't forget --- they're good at pickin' up on eye rolls, conversation pauses at the "wrong" time, and rhetoric. Happy trails, gumroy!

• gumby
    gumby
    The "boys" are gonna be watching you closely, as well as their "stoolies". Loose lips sink ships, so if you say something a little off kilter to the wrong dub(s) you'll be back in the hot seat again. And don't forget --- they're good at pickin' up on eye rolls, conversation pauses at the "wrong" time, and rhetoric.

Yes, I'm aware of that Kaput, but thanks for the heads up anyways. It takes alot of well thought out strategy as to how a person will deal with going back. It takes the right mindset.

For me, I look at it as a game Im trying to win at. If I think that I need to respond to everything I don't agree with by using facial expressions, I'll lose the game. I didn't plan on getting reinstated with the intent of going back and showing disgust on my face at every opposing thought I had......trust me. It's not an easy thing to sit and listen to things you know are bogus, but for me....it's much harder to live without my family. My chances are much greater to gain back my family in ALL respects in getting reinstated than they were by being on the outside as my personal experience has shown and is now showing.

I'd like to thank all of you who supported me in this.

Gumby

• TopHat
    TopHat
    It's not an easy thing to sit and listen to things you know are bogus, but for me....it's much harder to live without my family. My chances are much greater to gain back my family in ALL respects in getting reinstated than they were by being on the outside as my personal experience has shown and is now showing.

Hi Gumby, Your last post has me wondering if more than half the rank and file are thinking just like you...and in reality the watchtower has less followers than they report.

• gumby
    gumby
    Hi Gumby, Your last post has me wondering if more than half the rank and file are thinking just as you...and in reality the watchtower has less followers than they report.

I agree with you Tophat. I think there alot more Gumbys out there than we all realise who are stuck in an Organisation they cannot get out of...at least without a whole lot of pain to go with them if they did. Many witnesses have their doubts but cannot do anything about them...............unless they stumble onto JWD

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit