Does Knowing the Truth Make you a Happier person?

by gumby 152 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sf
    sf

{in a calm, mild voice} You, and others, STILL are not comprehending what I am saying.

It's dissappointing too.

The ones who CAN and SHOULD be alerting the media, telling their testimonies, denouncing the fraud and killing machine that the WATCHTOWER is, are not doing so.

They are continually and CONSISTENTLY [keeping] the wheels of the Watchtower running.

So much time has already passed since 1980, and still needless deaths are occuring. Why? Because it STILL has "dedicated {contracted}" members. It doesn't matter WHY you stay or re-connect {re-instate}. The very fact that you stay is what will HELP {PARTICIPATE IN} the Watchtower continue in it's DEADLY POLICIES.

I stand firm on this.

sKally

• gumby
    gumby
    The ones who CAN and SHOULD be alerting the media, telling their testimonies, denouncing the fraud and killing machine that the WATCHTOWER is, are not doing so.

That's right sf...only YOU are the one who is doing it all....just you. Everyone else has their thumbs up their ass and does nothing. isn't it sad that everyone doesn't work at exposing the organisation like you do sf?

All Hail sf!!!!!!!

Gumby

• sf
    sf

I'm referring to active "dedicated {contracted} jws" gumby, like yourself and countless others who frequent this forum.

The "apostates", "disfellowshipped", "inactive", "opposers", "disassociated", etc. should not be the ones fighting so hard for truth and justice.

You and those that have all these excuses not to, are getting real tiring gumby. It's becoming very aggravating as well. It would be so simple to gathers yourselves as one and blow the lid off the deadly policies. Yet, no. You go back! And forth. Back and forth. To meetings then here. Here, then meetings. All the while you could have spoke out on all that you know is corrupt. But you don't. You keep the killing machine, killing.

It's that simple gumby.

If you are a happier person knowing that this organizations policies, that you uphold, as a dedicated member, continue to kill children, than brother, the Watchtower needs you!

Go forth! Stand firm in YOUR re-instatement. JW's have always been about themselves and their salvation. Why should we think any different now?

sKally

• TopHat
    TopHat

SKally, It is not as easy as you may think to help the Rank and File wake-up unless the Law enforcement becomes involved and a HUGE Media blitz exposes the WTS wrong doings and continues day after day, drummed into thier heads until they finally get the picture. They are to far gone and under control of the Watchtower to listen to their friends. Like it has been said here on JWD, they look at you with disbelief and hurt. (Deer in the headlights look.) As though you were talking crazy.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Seems that one persistent WT teaching which is easier reversed against the WT than really questioned is that of collective responsibility.

Along with the moralistic belief that you have the duty to save people from themselves, and to submit those who don't to your own guilt trip.

Right or wrong, 14 years of JW-life have made me immune to whatever even remotely resembles activism and the militant's mind. Not to mean that I cannot stand for a cause if I believe in it and if I think I can change something. But if I don't I won't care to justify myself in the eyes of the unconditional militant. To each his/her own.

• timetochange
    timetochange

Gumby,

I didn't take the time to read all the replies so forgive me if this has already been said: LIVE YOUR LIFE AS YOU SEE FIT!!!

If it serves you to go back just to be with your family, go for it! DO WHAT SERVES YOU.

Don't be fooled by the prevailing winds whether they're JW or exJW. I know many an a exJW family that is down in the dregs dealing with the heartache that comes from leaving when their kids were too old to adjust to life outside but too young to deal with it. Unwanted pregnancy, alcoholism, STDs, etc. are what some exJW parents I know are dealing with when it comes to their teen and young adult kids.

Many exJWs are in a box, just as JWs are in theirs. We all live in a matrix of sorts, if you feel your family is more important to you than living what some feel is truth (though no one really has this so called "truth") go for it because in the end it's family that matters and "truth" will come and go as it pleases.

Ed.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Let's leave behind the black and white thinking. This idea that we x's should all fight against the wt is really a wt idea. It's just changed around w the originator as the object to be exposed/destroyed. I applaud those who do that w all of their energy. However, i have broken free of that. It's a small part of the big picture, and unless someone like a member of my family or someone who was a close friend comes to me for help at getting out, i'm finished w that. I haven't totally moved on, but moving on would be the ultimate, for me, at least.

Gumby isn't the enemy, or a part of the enemy. He's a guy w a big heart who can't kill that part of it that cares. He needs or support, i think. Hang in there, brother gumby.

S

• cruzanheart
  • Big Tex
    Big Tex
    POLICIES. Policies that kill.

Well sKally that's rather global thinking isn't it? I could rail and rant and rave and protest and wave every single experience Bill Bowen has posted on silentlambs in front of my elder best friend that I've known for 25 years ... and you know what? It won't change a damn thing.

At the end of the day, people believe what they want to irregardless of "proof". The heavens could open up, and God himself (or herself which I would find very funny) could appear and lay it all out for us and that would STILL not be enough for some folks (be they Christian, Jew or Muslim).

At some point, my poor brain thinks, you just chuck it all and say FUCK IT. And you live your life to the best of your ability. Do no harm; help where you can; let go where you must; take what you need and leave the rest; and finally, embrace what helps.

Thee is a strategy in warfare called strategic withdrawal (otherwise called retreat). Sometimes we must step back before we can move forward, in a (hopefully) more productive fashion.

I'm sorry but I must disagreee with you very, very strongly. Fanaticism, in any form, whatever the cause, is always wrong. And I hate speaking in absolutes. But 'tis true.

Be well,

Chris

p.s. sorry I didn't realize Nina was logged on.

• sf
    sf
    Fanaticism, in any form, whatever the cause, is always wrong.

I absolutely agree.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit