Does Knowing the Truth Make you a Happier person?

by gumby 152 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I think the operative phrase in Satanus' post is:

I believe

With all due respect, Satanus was not stating he knew there was an afterlife and metaphysical dimensions, only that he chooses to believe. A subtle but important difference. No one can really say with absolute certainty what happens after death, wouldn't you agree? On this side all any of us can do is choose to believe a certain way.

I don't mean to speak for him, he can certainly respond better than I can any way!

Chris

• TopHat
    TopHat

Hi, Gumby, Yes, I am a happier person since learning the truth about the truth...I am free to be me and not a slave to the watchtower.org.

I can understand your concerns and doubts about the the books of the Bible...when I was a dub and before I came to JWD, I ask questions to those in the cong who had more knowledge and experience to give me an answer to the book of JOB....never could understand why God let Satan goat him into harming JOB and killing his children. Needless to say they couldn't give me an answer that was reasonable. The book of JOB is an interesting story with some good advice but I can't except it has inspired by God. That's just me.

I feel this way....Most all of us are afraid to die because after death there is nothing, and our lives are so very short.

Still, Here we are, intelligent beings and life on earth is in harmony if only humans could live in peace. So I can't help but to believe we have a creator and he sent his son to give his human life so we might have everlasting life. In his own time he will give us that life everlasting.

Beyond that I have no clue.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Chris, Satanus said he didn't want to fill his life with fantasies....so my question was really about his belief and wouldn't that be another fantasy? I don't care whether he believes. That is his business.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

http://www.arrod.co.uk/essays/matrix.php

Sometimes I would like to be mindlessly happy!!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yes - becoming an atheist made me happier by a long distance.

• sf
    sf
    Since I have got re-instated I've been able to open doors that I could not open before to witnesses regarding their beliefs

Wow, hope you don't snap a tendon in your back, patting yourself, Brother Watchtower.

Beliefs? You STILL don't get it.

It isn't just about the beliefs gumby. It is what those beliefs MANIFEST INTO...

POLICIES. Policies that kill. What do you say to them about those lethal policies, based on the WATCHTOWER BELIEFS?

What are you doing to get these policies OFF THE TABLE, FOREVER?

And your re-instatement does not impress me. As long as there are active jws, there will be death to children.

You and others can blow on and on and on about how much you care for this and that. It's evident that isn't the case. Not as far as I see it.

Not until those like you, that sat and sit online almost daily, to gain ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE OF THE BIGGEST FRAUD IN RELIGIOUS HISTORY, ON THIS SITE AND OTHERS, speak out about the needless deaths that occur, coupled with the obliteration of families...

I stand firm.

sKally

• Satanus
    Satanus

Tophat

Satanus, How do you know there is an afterlife and metaphysical dimension? If it is not a fantasy?

A fair question. The thing is that it's from first hand experience, not sold to me by somebody else, or from a book. Although, the techniques i used, i got mainly from books. I differentiate them from, let's say the wt worldview/yhwh, in that i never had any indications that yhwh or say, the kingdom of jesus was real. In mediation, i found that what i wanted to see was not what i percieved. The experiences could be totally generated in my mind, of course. That could make me crazy or over imaginative. Whatever the case, it has settled a few things for me, and i'm not 'looking' anymore. While i might share the experiences w others, i won't try to get others to share my beliefs, cuz each can find their own belief/nonbelief.

S

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Skally,

You seem painfully rigid here. Watch out that you don't break. There is a wise old Zen saying about being like a tree and bending with the wind.

The universe does not manifest as we may want it to. Reality is very big. Gumby may very well help free others from the grip of what you hate, better than even you do. Be honest, you don't really know what the outcome will be here. Why get your blood pressure up about it. You're only hurting yourself.

I am not saying you don't have valid points; just lighten up a little.

j

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

OK, I'm sooooo nosey. I wanna know how Gumby "went back", got his family and friends back, and isn't going out in service, etc? How do you do that? (not that I'm want to try it, DH and I were the only ones in our families who were ever JWs...I'm just insatiably nosey)

And, yeah, even though I beat myself up for a while for being dumb enough to be fooled by the "Truth" (tm, some restrictions apply, Truth may not, in fact, be true)...but I got over it mostly.

• Mary
    Mary
    sf: What are you doing to get these policies OFF THE TABLE, FOREVER?

skally, maybe you should consider coming down from Mount Olympus for a while and actually READ what people write. Gumby was at the end of his rope and took the only road he felt was open to him. For you to sit there and sanctimoniously judge him by your rule of thumb, is just pathetic beyond words......your judgemental attitude that every single person should be working non-stop to "get these policies off the table forever", is no different than how the Governing Body runs the WTS. There are different ways that people use to expose the truth about this cult. I have no idea if Simon's ever picketed a convention, but this site that he's built has probably helped more people out of the Borg than all your books and pamphlets and picketing put together. Randy Watters, Silent Lambs are all excellent sites. There was one woman on here who purposely got re-instated and managed to get her daughter out of the religion in the process. Gumby's been able to talk to family members now like he couldn't before about all of the garbage that is spewing forth from the top and one of them inparticular is starting to listen. There could be as many as 5 people come out as a result.

And your re-instatement does not impress me.

Wow.....I'll bet that's really keeping him up at night, knowing that you're not impressed. Here's a newsflash: he never got reinstated to impress you. I

You and others can blow on and on and on about how much you care for this and that. It's evident that isn't the case. Not as far as I see it.

Well then in true Dub fashion, you can't see past the end of your arrogant nose. You're judging what others do by your yardstick---not God's. Perhaps Jesus isn't too impressed with your elder-like mentality and judgemental nature of someone who was really down.....ever think of that?

Not until those like you, that sat and sit online almost daily, to gain ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE OF THE BIGGEST FRAUD IN RELIGIOUS HISTORY, ON THIS SITE AND OTHERS, speak out about the needless deaths that occur, coupled with the obliteration of families...I stand firm.

Oh please.....You sound like a Circuit Overseer moaning on at an assembly about how everyone should be pioneering, no excuses......Do you know what Gumby and everyone else on here talks to their Dub families about eh? You don't have a clue what other people talk about, so quit thinking you're so much better than others on here, because you're not.......

asleif dufansdottir asked: OK, I'm sooooo nosey. I wanna know how Gumby "went back", got his family and friends back, and isn't going out in service, etc? How do you do that?

Here's a couple of links that will enlighten you hon: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/118951/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/127570/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit