Things YOU eat, that other people think is weird.

by misanthropic 201 Replies latest jw friends

• Witchettygrub
    Witchettygrub

Nothing beats Vegemite.

Grilled slices of tasty cheese melted over toast with Vegemite. I hear that it's not to the taste of American people. Too strong and yeasty. Over here it's an everyday snack any time of day.

Witchettygrub

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    Grilled slices of tasty cheese melted over toast with Vegemite.

You know I have always wanted to try that especially recently since Kaylen has talked so much about it at Thom's. I don't think you can even get it in the US though or even order it online.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I used to like to spread peanut butter on Oreo cookies. I had to hide it from my autistic brother, it drove him nuts if you mixed foods together in a non-traditional way.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    Come join me then i already am a vegetarian!My dad used to have a butchers shop and the trips to the slaughterhouse put me off meat for life!

Yeah I bet that would about do it for anyone.

I used to like to spread peanut butter on Oreo cookies. I had to hide it from my autistic brother, it drove him nuts if you mixed foods together in a non-traditional way.

lol, that's funny, the combination sounds really good though!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Miss Ann Tropics,

This is too weird! So sorry to have missed this thread till now. Ironic that I should end today with ditto to your opening question. The only way I could get pancakes down was with peanut butter. I don't care that much for syrup and the PCs alone don't "stick to the ribs." So the PB gave them some protein to keep me going. I used to eat LAURA SCHUDDERS or ADAMS, all natural variety, but it caused heartburn. Dunno why. PB is the quickest, easiest snack. But you must have apples or milk to down it. I miss the joy of peanut butter [actually I have a jar of super-refined-never-goes-bad PB in my music bag for hunger emergencies - it doesn't seem to cause heartburn].
    Wasn't this supposed to be weird food? It seems so normal. Years ago there was a TV commercial on 'what do you drink with milk?' Answers were meant to be strange. Michael Landon said he had his pretzels with mustard, along with a glass of milk. Ad for American Dairy Association, or whatever........

Coco

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Well then CoCo if you ever come to visit me, we shall have peanut butter pancakes! YUM, I could go for some now but that's the last thing I need to eat on a Sunday morning.

• dh
    dh

i ate two snakes once for dinner, one cut into strips and grilled, one sort of in a snake fondu hot pot stew thing, they both tasted good :)

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Snakes dh? Yuk. I love Brawn, which my nan used to cook, its half a pigs head boiled up with brisket of beef and left to set in its own jelly......lovely with english mustard and white pepper on sliced ;-)

• free2beme
    free2beme

I have one word for you

SPAM

I love it! Especially MUSABI!

I also like a Bologna Sandwich with American Kraft Cheese and Miracle Whip

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

Does Snake really taste like Chicken?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest